The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
To be perfectly frank I think they are just sending out emails telling everybody Q4. Having watched all of this, we know the dates slip.

I know that it would probably be too confidential and proprietary, but it would be interesting to see what it goes into to make the production schedule. I assume that it really is a marrying of the sub contractors and their schedule of parts getting there. And that is even probably more of an affect on something like the Grenadier.

And slip they did… Not even Q4 yet and my Q4 production date has slipped to Q2 of next year,,

What was the line in “Tropic Thunder”? “Two days into shooting and they are already 3 weeks behind schedule..”

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Question for those who have confirmed your build sheet - if you specd the tow package, did the dealer confirm? I know a few guys said their tow option doesn’t show. Trying to see if this happened to everyone.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
Question for those who have confirmed your build sheet - if you specd the tow package, did the dealer confirm? I know a few guys said their tow option doesn’t show. Trying to see if this happened to everyone.
Specd tow package and confirmed on my original pre-order confirmation, not on the build sheet from the dealer. My initial build date was noted as QTR1 of 24, so no VIN yet, not sure if that has any bearing or not.

Kb6tho

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also specd tow package, and it is missing from the build sheet. Waiting to hear back from the dealer...

Local time
Reaction score
Same. Spec'd, but not on the build sheet the dealer emailed me.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
I just noticed my USA order says, 'in production.' My delivery estimate was / is Q4. We will see what happens.

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone working with the NC dealer out of High Point? I did not get a comfort level they knew much. I am driving there next week but am certainly not getting build sheet info nor confirmation of an order.

Local time
Reaction score
Uhgg, I’m so bummed. Did a pre-order back in June, must not have looked at the confirmation close enough. With the dealer announcement and the concern over tow bars I relooked at my confirmation…somehow I don’t show Safari windows, which is a huge deal for me. F*kc! Guess I’ll try calling the new dealer on Monday, but guessing it’s too late to change it. Damn, so much for waiting a year and a half, it’ll probably be another year now and more exposure to getting raped on pricing. Guess I’ll have to put a little love into my 19 year old LR3.

Grenadier Journals

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
Uhgg, I’m so bummed. Did a pre-order back in June, must not have looked at the confirmation close enough. With the dealer announcement and the concern over tow bars I relooked at my confirmation…somehow I don’t show Safari windows, which is a huge deal for me. F*kc! Guess I’ll try calling the new dealer on Monday, but guessing it’s too late to change it. Damn, so much for waiting a year and a half, it’ll probably be another year now and more exposure to getting raped on pricing. Guess I’ll have to put a little love into my 19 year old LR3.
Move forward with it.. either way that truck is making it to the states.. if it sits on the dealer lot they are gonna slap a huge price hike on it and sell it instantly.. or you take it and you put a price hike on it sell it with a profit and order a new one with the full specs you want and wait.. just an idea

Local time
Reaction score
The pre-order number (lots of preceding 0s and then a number between 9xxx-15xxx) is what you get when the order is processed. When you place the preorder (from a reservation), they assign you number that is something along the lines of 7-8 digits in length (ignoring the preceding 0s again); when they further process it, that number gets replaced with the 9xxx-15xxx number. What we can roughly deduce is that that number equates somewhere to reservation order.

Again, there are lots of numbers that we have all been assigned throughout the whole process, most of them that are not numerically significant or telling in any way; except for these latest pre-order numbers
I was notified by Ineos that U.S. dealer selection/details were available on the Grenadier web site as of September 28. While I was previously “by default” assigned the Philadelphia dealer, I was surprised to find out the dealership is located in Devon, PA. I called them and inquired about my Pre-Order. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I have a build date of 11/23/23. No vin number assigned yet. FYI my Pre-Order was placed 8/14/23 and I was later assigned a Pre-Order number 13593.
Also learned the Dealer is expecting demo Grenadiers to arrive next week which I intend to take on an open road test drive.

Local time
Reaction score
Correct, no Grenadiers in the US have made it to regular customers (nor will they for several months). Ineos Automotive has some, and there are a few dozen making their way to dealers as demos, but that is it.
U.S. Ineos Grenadier website has the selected dealers listed as of September 28, 2023. My default dealer was “Philadelphia”, however actual dealer is in Devon, PA. I called and was informed that my build date is September 23, 2023. No vin number as of yet. Dealer also informed me demo Grenadiers are expected to arrive next week - which is when I will take my first open road test drive! My Pre-Order # is 13593.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
Move forward with it.. either way that truck is making it to the states.. if it sits on the dealer lot they are gonna slap a huge price hike on it and sell it instantly.. or you take it and you put a price hike on it sell it with a profit and order a new one with the full specs you want and wait.. just an idea
just curious here but why does anyone think “they’ll be slapping a huge price increase on them?” The covid days of crazy free money are mostly over unless you want a Porsche gt3 Rs but mostly dealers have not been getting much over sticker for cars. The two California dealers I’ve spoken with have both confirmed there are sticking to sticker for ordered cars and both mentioned it’s a low volume vehicle. i might be missing something? super excited for our cars…. My date has slipped also

GoneNative

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
just curious here but why does anyone think “they’ll be slapping a huge price increase on them?” The covid days of crazy free money are mostly over unless you want a Porsche gt3 Rs but mostly dealers have not been getting much over sticker for cars. The two California dealers I’ve spoken with have both confirmed there are sticking to sticker for ordered cars and both mentioned it’s a low volume vehicle. i might be missing something? super excited for our cars…. My date has slipped also
Half price G wagon means $70k wiggle room lol, this vehicle is a hit and there are only a few dealerships. Just wait until the first few thousand are on the road, it's gonna be a seller's market for the first year or more.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My pre order number is 9382 and i was pleasantly surprised to find out my scheduled build date was in August. The Philly dealer told me to expect delivery Dec/Jan.
I'm 9389... So you're telling me there is a chance mine is already in production (fingers crossed)

I need to get on the phone with the dealer.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm 9389... So you're telling me there is a chance mine is already in production (fingers crossed)

I need to get on the phone with the dealer.
I'm 9349 and had a build date of July 23. You can't be too far behind.

Back
Top Bottom