The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
Where are the other three ports Greg mentions?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
Who lives near Brunswick, GA that has spotted arrival of these 40+ dealership vehicles?
Vehicles in the Q&A video vividly display what appear to be demo / pre-order #'s on their windscreens?
Shale Blue Fieldmaster #3797
Sterling Silver Trialmaster #3139
Eldorat Blue Trialmaster #3137
Inky Black (?) Fieldmaster #3381
Magic Mushroom Trialmaster #3347
. . . plus more
Those definitely aren't pre order numbers... They are either the end of the VIN, or an internal tracking/shipping ID.

The vehicles left (at least most if not all of them) the port weeks ago

SVP7

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was at an Orvis event in New York State this past weekend where one of the prototype Grenadiers was on display. The Ineos representative at the event indicated to me that there are 45+/- Grenadiers leaving the port and heading to the dealers to be available for test drives once the dealer network is announced next week.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
How exactly is this supposed to work?
I'm pretty sure it's batch processing, so conceivably, delivery could be based on color batches. Option batch differences are pretty slight. With more than 10k orders, optimizing batch runs makes great sense.
Does anyone have any real insight on what the build/ship determinants are?,

I'm cool with waiting in an effort to avoid my prospective dealer (about 8-10 hrs away) for niggling imperfections due to haste.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How exactly is this supposed to work?
I'm pretty sure it's batch processing, so conceivably, delivery could be based on color batches. Option batch differences are pretty slight. With more than 10k orders, optimizing batch runs makes great sense.
Does anyone have any real insight on what the build/ship determinants are?,

I'm cool with waiting in an effort to avoid my prospective dealer (about 8-10 hrs away) for niggling imperfections due to haste.
If you look at any of the photos of the Hambach plant, including the latest one of the "first" US vehicles rolling off the line, colors are scattered.

We went through the generalized quarterly build dates and there is no order that can consistently be found other than pre-order number (based on >50 responses to my form from this forum)

I believe the US order numbers are closer to around 6500-7000, as the pre-order numbers started in the mid 9xxx range.

Local time
Reaction score
If you look at any of the photos of the Hambach plant, including the latest one of the "first" US vehicles rolling off the line, colors are scattered.

We went through the generalized quarterly build dates and there is no order that can consistently be found other than pre-order number (based on >50 responses to my form from this forum)

I believe the US order numbers are closer to around 6500-7000, as the pre-order numbers started in the mid 9xxx range.
kinda sorta. When a body goes from "body" into "paint" in a car plant, the ability to purge, clean, and change paint color takes time, and is wasteful. So, there's always a run of a color, and then the bodies are cured, and stored off to the side on spurs, and then when an order hits "GA" (General assembly area) a body of that color is drawn into GA.
Fast turnover is the holy grail of automated paint systems. That, and particle size.
That's why certain low volume colors are only used every couple model years.
The Japanese figured out long ago that by reducing the number of colors offered, and painting in batches, they could streamline their auto manufacturing, and gain a cost and quality advantage.
I noticed the Hambach paint shop is semi automated, but the Grenadier has no shapes to the body that are difficult to paint. It will be interesting to read further about the paint system used in the Hambach facility.

Just remember that there are painted bodies stored upstream from any pictures taken in General Assembly.
And that's a good thing.

arakeghedzig

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
Just got the confirmation email from Ineos that mine will be Rusnak (which sells Jaguar, Porsche, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Volvo, Mercedes, etc). Perfect for Los Angeles, since one of the Rusnak's is within walking distance (Pasadena)!

1695926240875.png

Last edited:

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just got the confirmation email from Ineos that mine will be Rusnak (which sells Jaguar, Porsche, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Volvo, Mercedes, etc). Perfect for Los Angeles, since one of the Rusnak's is within walking distance (Pasadena) but it can be the one in Thousand Oaks, Arcadia, Anaheim or Loma Linda!

View attachment 7828171
Same here. It had popped up on the website a few hours earlier so i had already called. Voicemail only but process is started.

Local time
Reaction score
I just spoke to my dealer in Orange County, CA... he said there are 350 pre orders for the Grenadier, which is their annual allocation. Apparently Houston has closer to 600 pre orders... the highest in the USA.

Depending on where you are in the reservation system, all of the OC IG's should reach buyers in 2024. They'll start fulfilling orders Q1 2024 but there's a chance the first owners will receive their trucks in December 2023.

I was told the dealers will begin receiving demo vehicles in the next two weeks... I look forward to test driving and poking around the truck in person.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
Who lives near Brunswick, GA that has spotted arrival of these 40+ dealership vehicles?
Vehicles in the Q&A video vividly display what appear to be demo / pre-order #'s on their windscreens?
Shale Blue Fieldmaster #3797
Sterling Silver Trialmaster #3139
Eldorat Blue Trialmaster #3137
Inky Black (?) Fieldmaster #3381
Magic Mushroom Trialmaster #3347
. . . plus more
These numbers make sense IMO as last four digits of VIN’s. My UK spec build was late June/early July finished. Ends 4412 and stickered on the front screen, so very likely the dealership vehicles were built spring and selected for the US launch to dealers.

arakeghedzig

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I just received a followup from the dealership in Los Angeles. Note that Ineos has send me a letter saying I'm scheduled for Q2 '24 and I think most of you are Q4 '23 and Q1 '23...So looks like the dealer echoed those timetables. -
1695932582525.png

TRAILMASTER

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Chicago Dealership
Knauz Ineos Grenadier
409A Skokie Hwy, Lake Bluff, 60044

The phone number on the Ineos website is wrong (some dear old grandmother answers).
The email address listed consistently bounces back.

So, at this point the contact info listed is useless.
BD1 and I have spoken with Knauz separately and collectively learned:
- Demo's expected within a couple weeks;
- 50 Grenadier VIN's assigned and 500 more preorders for Chicago:
- contacting VIN assigned persons first
- they excited to be selected as Ineos dealer

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
BD1 and I have spoken with Knauz separately and collectively learned:
- Demo's expected within a couple weeks;
- 50 Grenadier VIN's assigned and 500 more preorders for Chicago:
- contacting VIN assigned persons first
- they excited to be selected as Ineos dealer

Thanks for the information. If I may ask a couple of questions.
- Was there any discussion about honoring MSRP?
- What is the difference between an assigned VIN and a preorder?

TRAILMASTER

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. If I may ask a couple of questions.
- Was there any discussion about honoring MSRP?
- What is the difference between an assigned VIN and a preorder?
MSRP topic wasn't discussed
All 550+ of us received our pre-order number but to date only 50 VIN's (vehicles) have actually been built with a Chicago dealer destination, will be first to ship/arrive to Knauz)

DDG

Local time
Reaction score
Email from Ineos yesterday apologizing for an, as of now, indeterminate delay in finalizing my selected dealer in Connecticut. Something still pending in their dealership agreement. I’m not overly worried about timing. If that fear of missing out ever starts creeping in, I remind myself of the initial roll out. I want every step along the way to be fully ironed out before it’s my turn. Meanwhile I’ll continue living vicariously through the rest of you!

timhaney

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Received email from Tampa area dealer Crown (St. Pete) and they scheduled multiple zoom calls. I attended the first and was very impressed by them and the info given. The first item they addressed was they will be selling at MSRP for initial reservation holders so that was welcome news.

Back
Top Bottom