The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

AWo

Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
We just returned frome Ireland. We saw one Grenadier on the M4 while crossing the UK and many New Defender. But that's not the issue here...I remembered, when we recorded videos for Isuzu a few years ago, that the German marketing leader told us, that they sell very well in the UK, but Germany ist a very small market for Isuzu (maybe because of the bad/sad Opel-Isuzu-Story).

Having the Quartermaster and its price in mind (and because of always beeing curious) me and my wife were a little but more intend which cars we see (we always look after that becaue we want to know what people drive).

What we both did not expect is, that the Isuzu D-MAX, the last and the second to last generation of the D-MAX is very popular in Ireland (and as expected in the UK). We counted (UK&Ireland) more than 40(!) in two weeks, many commercial ones (Highway Maintenance, gardeners, construction companies, etc.). On the second place we saw the Ford Ranger and many of them were Raptors and many had hardtops. We counted 22. Number three was the Hilux. Then we saw some Mitsubishi L200 and Nissan Navaras, of course and only one Defender 130(!). I expected more of these, but they may be hidden on small roads somewhere. I don't know.

That tells me, that the Ineos Quartermaster will not become the widely spread working horse. I assume because of its price mainly and maybe because of its load capacity. Despite the engine of the D-MAX is too weak (we know it, we own one ourselves, however, the last generation D-MAX has a different gearbox which mitigate that a little bit) many companies still seem to choose that modell for work and even for towing. And that must have a reason.

(It is said, that 70% of the Series and Defenders are still driving,. I assume we found the remainng 30% in Ireland ;-) ).

46213694rc.jpg

46213710ek.jpg

46213709uy.jpg

46213708as.jpg

46213707sj.jpg

46213706nh.jpg

46213703on.jpg

46213702sy.jpg

46213701gv.jpg

46213697dp.jpg

46213696sm.jpg

46213695ux.jpg

AWo

Last edited:

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We just returned frome Ireland. We saw one Grenadier on the M4 while crossing the UK. I remembered, when we recorded videos for Isuzu a few years ago, that the German marketing leader told us, that they sell very well in the UK and Germany ist a very small market for Isuzu (maybe because of the bad/sad Opel-Isuzu-Story).

Having the Quartermaster and its price in mind (and because of always beeing curious) me and my wife were a little but more intend which cars we see (we always look after that becaue we want to know what people drive).

What we both did not expect is, that the Isuzu D-MAX, the last and the second to last generation of the D-MAX is very popular in Ireland (and es expected in the UK). We counted (UK&Ireland) more than 40(!) in two weeks, many commercial ones (Highway Maintenance, gardeners, construction companies, etc.). On the second place we saw the Ford Ranger and many of them were Raptors and many had hardtops. We counted 22. Number three was the Hilux. Then we saw some Mitsubishi L200 and Nissan Navaras, of course and only one Defender 130(!). I expected more these, but they may be hidden on small roads somewhere. I don't know.

That tells me, that the Ineos Quartermatser will not become the widely spread working horse. I assume because of its price mainly and maybe because of its load capacity. Despite of the engine of the D-MAX is too weak (we know it, we own one ourselves, however, the last generation D-MAX has a different gearbox which mitigate that a little bit) many companies still seem to choose that modell for work and even for towing. And that must have a reason.

(It is said, that 70% of the Series and Defenders are still driving,. I assume we found the remaining ones in Ireland ;-) ).

46213694rc.jpg
Where in Ireland is that exactly? - That es really sad.. just disposed in nature. perhaps with oil and brake fluid polluting.. some might need the cars as a resource for spare parts.. - A country of outstanding beauty and such a mess.. - just ugly.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Where in Ireland is that exactly? - That es really sad.. just disposed in nature. perhaps with oil and brake fluid polluting.. some might need the cars as a resource for spare parts.. - A country of outstanding beauty and such a mess.. - just ugly.
I'm not allowed to tell that. But if you ever need help in Ireland for your Land Rover, you might be told where the place is....the owner is a cool, nice guy and knows what he does.

I found no hint of pollution there in Ireland. Different thing than in Island, where they are "so aware about their nature". We foud that VW Bus at Landmannalaugar and the Ranger we talked about didn't give a damn about that ("There is not enough oil in a car to harm things" was his answer)....

1600px_20210810_214416.jpg

However, the workshop of the irish guy looked pretty cool....a little bit more mess than in mine...maybe...

46213715id.jpg

46213716dp.jpg

AWo

Last edited:

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So be it.. - No matter if this is a nice guy.. just in the grass - makes me shivering down my spine. Recently watched a video on how Sir Jims Land Rover 1st Series looked when it was discovered and what effort was needed to get it back on the road.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
So be it.. - No matter if this is a nice guy.. just in the grass - makes me shivering down my spine. Recently watched a video on how Sir Jims Land Rover 1st Series looked when it was discovered and what effort was needed to get it back on the road.
Go around, Greece, Italy, UK, France, Sweden (do you know the famous scrapyard in Kyrkö Mosse ( https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrkö_Mosse ) in Sweden? It is a tourist attraction!) and even in Germany, you found these kind of scrapyards everywhere....out in the woods or in the middle of a city.

It seems to be fine for many peple...however, parts where everywhere around there in Ireland, but I didn't saw or smelled leaked fuel, oil, etc. outside the workshop. Even if it doesn't look nice,it doesn't mean that this is an environmental desaster. I saw worse places before...we once where on the old shooting range (Camping) in the Furtsen Forest (a closed offroad park in Germany). Whe arrived late in the evening and lit a fire and it started to smell very bad. We figured out, that the whole ground was full of seeped away gearbox oil. Some idiots let it just go into the ground. We changed the place immediately...I also saw guys cleaning gearbox parts in the bathroom sinks there...stupid ignorants.

AWo

Last edited:

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Go around, Greece, Italy, UK, France, Sweden (do you know the famous scrapyard in Kyrkö Mosse ()https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrkö_Mosse) in Sweden? It is a tourist attraction!) and even in Germany, you found these kind of scrapyards everywhere....out in the woods or in the middle of a city.

It seems to be fine for many peple...however, parts where everywhere around there in ireland, but I didn't saw or smelled leaked fuel, oil, etc. outside the workshop. Even if it doesn't look nice,it doesn't mean that this is an environmental desaster. I saw worse places before...

AWo
Will not continue this here - this gets too much off topic now. Perhaps we can discuss this elsewhere if there is need.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
Will not continue this here - this gets too much off topic now. Perhaps we can discuss this elsewhere if there is need.
By my count we had 36 USA and Canada Forum members respond with build specs and of those, only 15 with 4th quarter 2023 build dates.
Lowest Pre-Order number, (last 4-5 digits), is 9336 and highest is 18,306. Lowest Pre-Order number with build date of 4th quarter is
9336 and highest is 11,573. My pre-order number is 14,406 and no build date yet. Has anyone received anymore 4th quarter build
dates or even first quarter 2024 build dates since this initial reporting? If so, let's us know. DaBull

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
By my count we had 36 USA and Canada Forum members respond with build specs and of those, only 15 with 4th quarter 2023 build dates.
Lowest Pre-Order number, (last 4-5 digits), is 9336 and highest is 18,306. Lowest Pre-Order number with build date of 4th quarter is
9336 and highest is 11,573. My pre-order number is 14,406 and no build date yet. Has anyone received anymore 4th quarter build
dates or even first quarter 2024 build dates since this initial reporting? If so, let's us know. DaBull
13529 and no date.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Still showing nothing on website despite having a super low initial deposit number.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
I’m in the 14s and never had a build date. Still don’t.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So do I assume that 13,xxx will be built and delivered before mine? And they can only import 5500 a year? So 2027 would be a realistic year of delivery for my build spot?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
So do I assume that 13,xxx will be built and delivered before mine? And they can only import 5500 a year? So 2027 would be a realistic year of delivery for my build spot?
There aren't 13,000 pre-orders; the numbers would make sense to determine an order (allegedly), but not overall number

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well, just got an email, build window is quarter 4 2023 and the Grenadier website is now down.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
Just got this also:

Great news. We’ve scheduled your Grenadier build. Additional details can be found here, so you can stay informed on its progress.

Production details:

• Pre-order number: 14967
• Estimated build window: Quarter 1 2024

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, just got an email, build window is quarter 4 2023 and the Grenadier website is now down.
If you don't mind reporting, what's the last 4 or 5 digits of your pre-order number. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom