The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:17 PM
Reaction score
My Grenadier order page has NEVER worked. I have never been able to see my order, my contract or any detail other than the date I ordered it. It still says "in production" despite the fact my IG is on my driveway. :rolleyes:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
From a mass email Ineos sent out 2023-Aug-18:

FWIW, I've received no dates or updates on my order either. Reservation placed 2021-Sep-29, which I hope will still put me early in the production queue, though apparently not early in the communication queue. Lolsigh. (Pre-order placed 2023-Jun-29.)

My Grenadier order page has NEVER worked. I have never been able to see my order, my contract or any detail other than the date I ordered it. It still says "in production" despite the fact my IG is on my driveway. :rolleyes:
Hi TomDoc, I am assuming you have called Ineos and let them know. If not, perhaps give them a call and request they correct your account information so they can keep their order books up to date and correct unless you want a second one....DaBull

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi TomDoc, I am assuming you have called Ineos and let them know. If not, perhaps give them a call and request they correct your account information so they can keep their order books up to date and correct unless you want a second one....DaBull
Yes - have called at least three times during the wait for delivery. They always acknowledged it but nothing has ever changed.

RunBikeDive

🔺 🌎 🔺
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would like to declare that I'm showing nothing still on the ineos website of my preorder. I spoke to a rep on Wednesday who said they see everything and will have someone from ineos reach out by Friday with a update. I accepted when I hung up the phone it was never going to happen and the dude was getting me off the phone. Not frustrated anymore just demoralized. Thank you for listening me whine about my first world problems.

Bro, theres nothing we can do....
A bunch of us who ordered on that same day/time period are in the same leaky Ineos boat as you. I've decided this entire shit-show has become comical at this point.

Ineos kinda sucks right now with any sort of customer service & communication, & we hope it gets better.

If it makes somebody feel better to call Ineos's pretend AI-Bot customer service & be told "everything's cheerio here at Ineos (in a lovey British or Scottish accent)" well then go right ahead.
For some people, Verbal Hugs & Kiss 😘 💋 make it all better .

My plan is to sit back, have a few margaritas, enjoy this amazing forum Stu & other contributors put together, try not to get kick off the forum for my sarcastic & sometimes smart ass comments, & hopefully see a Grenadier in my driveway (along with everyone else) sometime next year.

Cheers Caballeros -
🔺 🌎 🔺

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Absolutely the right attitude - I promise you that it is worth it - I absolutely love getting in my IG and driving it. It is everything I wanted it to be and do and makes me smile. Hence I can report the stupidity of the customer service people and the website but it doesn't alter my experience. I am also blessed with a very good local dealership.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:17 PM
Reaction score
Just predicting this thread will become the 'sick of waiting' thread for the Americas. 200 pages/ 1.5 years long.

Q4/2023 build slots quoted are a fantasy. Damnit I've got the same build slot and I ordered Q2/22!

Didn't Ineos receive any orders in the intervening period?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
Didn't Ineos receive any orders in the intervening period?
Ineos has had build slots for Q4 2023 planned for US orders since the beginning of this year; does that mean the US will get their orders ahead of other markets that have placed orders prior to us, yes. Can this all change? Of course

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:17 PM
Reaction score
IF what they have told you happens...

(refer rest of forum for lived experience regarding this)

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bro, theres nothing we can do....
A bunch of us who ordered on that same day/time period are in the same leaky Ineos boat as you. I've decided this entire shit-show has become comical at this point.

Ineos kinda sucks right now with any sort of customer service & communication, & we hope it gets better.

If it makes somebody feel better to call Ineos's pretend AI-Bot customer service & be told "everything's cheerio here at Ineos (in a lovey British or Scottish accent)" well then go right ahead.
For some people, Verbal Hugs & Kiss 😘 💋 make it all better .

My plan is to sit back, have a few margaritas, enjoy this amazing forum Stu & other contributors put together, try not to get kick off the forum for my sarcastic & sometimes smart ass comments, & hopefully see a Grenadier in my driveway (along with everyone else) sometime next year.

Cheers Caballeros -
🔺 🌎 🔺
Somebody talk me out of ordering a new Defender or driving to Utah to pick up the used one I've been looking at. Or maybe at some point financial clarity will kick in and I will just keep what I have, I mean how boring is an F150???

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Somebody talk me out of ordering a new Defender or driving to Utah to pick up the used one I've been looking at. Or maybe at some point financial clarity will kick in and I will just keep what I have, I mean how boring is an F150???
If you're debating it, go for the defender..... Or keep the F150 if it suits your needs better

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
My wife has a 23 Defender 130. I'm not impressed. Relative to my 21 LC200 it feels like a tin can and is surprisingly loud inside the cabin.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife has a 23 Defender 130. I'm not impressed. Relative to my 21 LC200 it feels like a tin can and is surprisingly loud inside the cabin.
Hi Idaho, Guess your wife is never going to let you drive her ND. DaBull

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve also considered this route (as I’m sure many on this forum also have), and I simply always come back to a few things:
1.) the uniqueness of this vehicle. Every other off-road biased brand on the road today is so ubiquitous and not special - the Grenny will most definitely be, due to the very nature of being a “niche” vehicle. Bottom-line, I just don’t want what everyone else already has.
2.) none of the other off-road biased brands have anything that looks quite as good, nor is probably as capable (out of the box) as this vehicle will be. The new defender looks okay - but for me - never really looked the part like the Grenadier (or even the LR2/3/4) does. In other words, the new defender - it just doesn’t get the juices flowing.
3.) the Grenadier ethos. What I mean by this is that I totally stand behind the idea and philosophy of the vehicle that Ineos has created in being “built on purpose.” It’s designed and built for adventure/overlanding/getting off the beaten path - reminds me of what Jeep or Land Rover might have been like, in the beginning.

Last thought, in my mind, this is almost totally an emotional buy - it’s an enthusiast vehicle, expensive, and doesn’t check all the boxes for luxury or practicality of daily commute, but that not what this is about. It’s lit a fire in my belly since the first time I saw it a few years ago, like no other vehicle has, and since you’re on this forum also, I’m sure it did for you as well. Good things come to those that wait - hang in there.

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Serious question: Do you need a new vehicle right this very moment?

I'm driving a 23 year old pick-up right now. It's the newest vehicle I own. It needs a little paint work but it's mechanically sound and gets the job done. I'm also not desperate or jonesing for a Grenadier. It would be really, really nice to have one but, if they never make it to the USA, I'll just eventually buy something else.

PS - there will always be another deal down the road. You can buy an ND next year too. HTH.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Serious question: Do you need a new vehicle right this very moment?

I'm driving a 23 year old pick-up right now. It's the newest vehicle I own. It needs a little paint work but it's mechanically sound and gets the job done. I'm also not desperate or jonesing for a Grenadier. It would be really, really nice to have one but, if they never make it to the USA, I'll just eventually buy something else.

PS - there will always be another deal down the road. You can buy an ND next year too. HTH.
Fortunate to not need anything...the Ineos is a pure want, the uniqueness and capability being the main driver. I can wait many moons for it. Instant gratification was in full affect for a few days Now back to holding strong till the Ineos gets here.

Makers52129

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
F150 doesn’t have to be boring at all. Just depends on how much you want to spend. I have Saleen Sportruck XR (F150 Lariat) with 740 HP and all the 4x4 stuff and I can promise you it is not boring! It cost about the same as the Grenadier Fieldmaster that I have on order.

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went from a Ford Raptor (‘17) to a ‘23 110 Defender X. I’m not going to lie and say I don‘t miss the utility of having a bed but the rest of the Defender is so much nicer.

Biggest reason I’m going to hopefully swap my Defender for a Trialmaster is because I’m not convinced the Defender will last 10+yrs w/o a lot of $$$$ in dealership repairs costs. I think it‘s a sign when researching extended warranty plans (other than the one LR offers), that some of the big name ones don’t offer a plan for the Defender. IMHO, the only reason for that is if the risk of paying out more than the cost of the plan, it doesn’t make sense for them to potentially lose money on this brand/model.

If I were the type to sell my vehicles every 4-5yrs, the Defender would be great.…keep it till the warranty is up and trade it in for something else. Afterall, it’s a very capable and well put together, with comfort and tech to match. Unfortunately, I like to keep my vehicles 10+yrs and good, bad or indifferent, I’ve fallen for the IG marketing hype that they are making this truck with longevity in mind.

Back
Top Bottom