The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Air conditioner blowing hot air

John Acosta

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:42 AM
Reaction score
After a few days of taking delivery of my Grenadier we noticed that intermittently the air conditioner would not blow cold and in the rear it blew hot. This was only occurring occasionally, however, I wanted to have it looked at so I made a service appointment. They stated they could not replicate the problem but that they found a loose A/C hose which they replaced. Today the issue arose again. Has anyone had a similar issue and what did you finally do to resolve the issue.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
After a few days of taking delivery of my Grenadier we noticed that intermittently the air conditioner would not blow cold and in the rear it blew hot. This was only occurring occasionally, however, I wanted to have it looked at so I made a service appointment. They stated they could not replicate the problem but that they found a loose A/C hose which they replaced. Today the issue arose again. Has anyone had a similar issue and what did you finally do to resolve the issue.
Hi @John Acosta
You asked the same question on 27 August in this thread and got several responses.
There are existing threads on this well known problem. There does not appear to be a definitive fix for it yet.

John Acosta

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @John Acosta
You asked the same question on 27 August in this thread and got several responses.
There are existing threads on this well known problem. There does not appear to be a definitive fix for it yet.
Yes, and after taking the car to the dealer I still have the same issue. Wanted to know if anyone has come up with any further suggestions. Is this not what this forum is intended to be used for? I didn’t think I was being repetitive.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, and after taking the car to the dealer I still have the same issue. Wanted to know if anyone has come up with any further suggestions. Is this not what this forum is intended to be used for? I didn’t think I was being repetitive.
Every time a new thread is created on the same topic it fragments the answers and makes it harder to find information. By keeping similar questions under a common thread all the info is in one place. Asking the same question in a new thread just because it happened again is not going to get you a better answer than last time.

John Acosta

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Every time a new thread is created on the same topic it fragments the answers and makes it harder to find information. By keeping similar questions under a common thread all the info is in one place. Asking the same question in a new thread just because it happened again is not going to get you a better answer than last time.
Could argue that having the issues in more than one location could reach others that might pose the question in a different manner, however, not to belabor the issue I will stop posting on this issue unless the dealership is able to remedy the situation. I did not know that it was a well known issue as I’m in the nascent stages and do not feel sanguine that it will be remedied soon.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not the hallway monitor and you're welcome to post whenever you like John. Active participation benefits everyone. If I have discouraged you then please accept my apologies.
My suggestion would be to put a watch on each of the existing AC threads and you will be kept up to date with new posts.
It's hard to gauge what effort IA are putting into solving this but when there is progress hopefully it will be posted into one of those threads.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240908-092537.png
    Screenshot_20240908-092537.png
    105 KB · Views: 0

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What dealer? I have the same issue and took mine to the dealer and was told they replaced a leaky hose and the problem was fixed. A day later it was back and still persists. They also told me they couldn't replicate my complaint. My dealer is Rusnak in Pasadena. They have been great but I am a more than a little frustrated with Ineos over this HVAC issue. It seems its a global problem and its been crickets from Ineos.

John Acosta

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What dealer? I have the same issue and took mine to the dealer and was told they replaced a leaky hose and the problem was fixed. A day later it was back and still persists. They also told me they couldn't replicate my complaint. My dealer is Rusnak in Pasadena. They have been great but I am a more than a little frustrated with Ineos over this HVAC issue. It seems its a global problem and its been crickets from Ineos.
Hi Kevin,
Same dealer! I’m in Pasadena as well. Replaced a hose is all they did and as you said “could not replicate” the issue. It is very frustrating. I don’t understand if it’s as apparent as it seems to be why Ineos is not addressing the issue head on? The least they could do is tell us that they are looking into why this is occurring and that we will be remedied once they have a solution.
It happened again tonight when we went out to dinner and you know how hot it’s been here in the LA area.

Munro007

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
Hi @John Acosta
Had the same thing happen to us as last week with 800 miles on the odometer, then it
happened a second time this week while my wife was taking our daughter to school, i thought
it was somehow an isolated incident, i see now where others have had the same issue.
It somehow fixed itself, but it seems like it's something we need to keep an eye on, if it occurs
again i will schedule a service call to have it looked at..

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to us as last week with 800 miles on the odometer, then it
happened a second time this week while my wife was taking our daughter to school, i thought
it was somehow an isolated incident, i see now where others have had the same issue.
It somehow fixed itself, but it seems like it's something we need to keep an eye on, if it occurs
Definitely schedule a service call. At a minimum it documents your complaint. The problem is because the issue is so sporadic whenever someone takes it to the dealer it never seems to occur when they test it so they hand it back saying no issue found. Some may say no big deal since it’s so sporadic but it will pop up at the worst times as it did for me while in the middle of the Mojave Desert with my wife and dog. It wouldn’t reset for 6 hours no matter what I tried and then all of a sudden it started working again. If you are close to your dealer and it happens again drive straight to the dealer while it’s happening. Unfortunately there is no known fix for it yet.

Munro007

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
Definitely schedule a service call. At a minimum it documents your complaint. The problem is because the issue is so sporadic whenever someone takes it to the dealer it never seems to occur when they test it so they hand it back saying no issue found. Some may say no big deal since it’s so sporadic but it will pop up at the worst times as it did for me while in the middle of the Mojave Desert with my wife and dog. It wouldn’t reset for 6 hours no matter what I tried and then all of a sudden it started working again. If you are close to your dealer and it happens again drive straight to the dealer while it’s happening. Unfortunately there is no known fix for it yet.
Sorry you had that happen to you and family out in the middle of the Mojave, i am sure when it happened you were pretty pissed, glad you were finally able to get it working, ours happened in August in
Houston ( temps mid nineties that day), and we were fairly close to home.. will keep Forum posted on the dealership response..

John Acosta

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe it will continue unfortunately and I don’t believe Ineos has a solution as of yet, however, the more we report the issues the better chance of a fix for us all.

Back
Top Bottom