The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket roof top handles/lashing bars

Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
I know I've seen an aftermarket red roof handle/lashing bar but I can't find it again. Does anyone know who makes the red versions of these?
1704430570808.png

QRgren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just received these in the mail.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
Update.. In the last few weeks I've noticed the color of my bars changing, at first a somewhat blue/purple tint and now an almost bronze color. I went back to Amazon and reviewed the product but I didn't see a way to reach out to the seller. They are in China so I'm doubtful I have any recourse. So now I think I'm, going to either have to paint the bars or get them powder coated.
I think we all prefer Gold 🏅
Screenshot_20240810-073032.png

Vote:
Upvote 0

GrenadierUSA

CNC Machine Shop
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I make some but I use powdercoat, not anodizing. Those amazon/ebay bars are likely using a non UV stable dye. The clear/mill finish anodizing on the factory bars is far less of an issue in UV than Black is. Also made some carbon bars with a UV clear coat.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
Update.. In the last few weeks I've noticed the color of my bars changing, at first a somewhat blue/purple tint and now an almost bronze color. I went back to Amazon and reviewed the product but I didn't see a way to reach out to the seller. They are in China so I'm doubtful I have any recourse. So now I think I'm, going to either have to paint the bars or get them powder coated.
Resell them on EBay as an exclusive new bronze version.

Vote:
Upvote 0

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
I ordered the back bars as well. I haven’t received them yet though. Did the seller send you new ones? Do they look better?
Yeah.. another update to the story. The seller reached out to me and said that they had changed the coating to something that was UV resistant and they would send me another set. I haven't gotten them yet but I thought it was good that they responded to the review so quickly.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom