The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Underbody Protection from Rival

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
Is it the front left corner of the plate? Thinking of cutting a notch on mine with an angle grinder before mounting.
If you do that would you mind taking pictures before/after? I'm thinking that I'll do the same and it would be nice to have a template to follow.

Local time
6:48 AM
Reaction score
Ok, you can see where it makes contact, so notch it directly above until it stops tapping it, and send them a pic so they make a slight change to the product. It's a 400 dollar piece of stamped plate for christ's sake. I feel like I'm back in the "how do you wash a car" thread.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
IMG_9601.jpeg

“Me too” (and I wasn’t off-roading or jumping speed bumps either).

AUDIOBUS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:48 AM
Reaction score
“Me too” (and I wasn’t off-roading or jumping speed bumps either).
09ED10C0-BD7C-4B23-8415-0ED6D0C1F8E7.jpeg

Same issue @TahoeGren @grnamin @Ovrland Bill. Noticed it yesterday over a < 20MPH speed bump - "clunk" - crawled under the truck this morning and it's the exact thing in the same place. (apologies for blurry photo). One wheel (LHD Drivers side) over the speed bump doesn't do it, only both wheels over makes the "clunk".

300chris

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:48 AM
Reaction score
Have engine skid on order and just got this from Rival-

Our engineering team has identified a slight interference issue between the engine skid plate for the Ineos Grenadier and the front differential when the suspension is at full compression. As a result, we have decided to temporarily hold the shipment of these skid plates from the factory. The edge of the skid plate will be trimmed at the factory level, followed by standard priming and coating.

This adjustment will delay the ETA for the engine skid plates by approximately 3-4 weeks. We are working to expedite the process and have them included in the next container shipment from the factory.

Please let us know if you would like to keep your reservation to secure your spot in the upcoming re-done batch. If you'd prefer to cancel and return for a future batch, we completely understand.

Best regards,
RIVAL USA

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Have engine skid on order and just got this from Rival-

Our engineering team has identified a slight interference issue between the engine skid plate for the Ineos Grenadier and the front differential when the suspension is at full compression. As a result, we have decided to temporarily hold the shipment of these skid plates from the factory. The edge of the skid plate will be trimmed at the factory level, followed by standard priming and coating.

This adjustment will delay the ETA for the engine skid plates by approximately 3-4 weeks. We are working to expedite the process and have them included in the next container shipment from the factory.

Please let us know if you would like to keep your reservation to secure your spot in the upcoming re-done batch. If you'd prefer to cancel and return for a future batch, we completely understand.

Best regards,
RIVAL USA
OK, but doesn’t speak (yet) to skid plates already delivered and in use.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been in touch with Rival's Sales Team about this issue and they are acting with fantastic swiftness to address it. As noted above, they are delaying pending orders to allow for corrections to be made before shipment. Also, for those of you who have already ordered and received the uncorrected plate, if you are not inclined or lack the tools to do your own modifications like @grnamin (great job, by the way and thanks for the pics!), you can send sales-us@rival4x4.com an e-mail with your original Order Number information/invoice for the Engine Plate and request to be put on the list to receive a corrected plate for free, with free shipping, when they become available. Rival also told me that they do not need you to return the old plate. So, you can sell it as scrap metal or convert it to an interesting coffee table. Up to you.

Nadir5

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have been in touch with Rival's Sales Team about this issue and they are acting with fantastic swiftness to address it. As noted above, they are delaying pending orders to allow for corrections to be made before shipment. Also, for those of you who have already ordered and received the uncorrected plate, if you are not inclined or lack the tools to do your own modifications like @grnamin (great job, by the way and thanks for the pics!), you can send sales-us@rival4x4.com an e-mail with your original Order Number information/invoice for the Engine Plate and request to be put on the list to receive a corrected plate for free, with free shipping, when they become available. Rival also told me that they do not need you to return the old plate. So, you can sell it as scrap metal or convert it to an interesting coffee table. Up to you.
I’d be happy with them supplying a template so I can cut it on my own to their new pattern.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’d be happy with them supplying a template so I can cut it on my own to their new pattern.
Send them an e-mail and ask them for it. They've been very cooperative so far. If they agree to provide it, ask them for permission to post it in this thread.

Tip - make sure to ask just for a template for the corner fix. Otherwise, they might decline the request to produce a template for the whole thing due to trade secret/confidentiality concerns.

Last edited:

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To the DIY capable.

Griders kinda suck on Al.

Drill a hole with a 1" hole saw, and use something with a fine tooth and take it to the tangents of the circle.
Thanks for the tip! Could you be a little more precise as to the "something" you would recommend. 🙂

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m planning on using a jigsaw with a made-for-metal blade combined with a straight edge clamped to the piece.
Thanks. I still want the corrected plate from Rival, since it will be nicely powder coated, but plan to do some surgery on my existing plate so that I have a back-up if the corrected plate eventually gets so banged up it needs replacing.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To the DIY capable.

Griders kinda suck on Al.

Drill a hole with a 1" hole saw, and use something with a fine tooth and take it to the tangents of the circle.
Looking back, maybe I should have used a hacksaw instead. Better control. I'm glad I drilled a pilot hole first.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Jig saw with a metal cutting blade?

It's there anything behind the plate in that area? eg can I cut it in place without removing?

Back
Top Bottom