The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Matt P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:39 PM
Reaction score
Another great installment, thank you Matt.

I'd just like to add that Leah could be narrating audio books and particularly children's books. She has a lovely calming voice. As Leah's husband, your experience may vary... 🙆
This made me laugh! 😂 She’s teacher for primary school kids and so she’s had a little practice before jumping into this game. I do joke with her that if things went south and we needed more revenue streams and she didn’t want to teach, this could well be a viable option!

Matt P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Matt P I love to watch your stories and first of all Kudos to your wife/partner - she is a great story teller.
I am always amazed following your stories- so professional cut and narrative and during your trip around Vjosa River you entered into sustainability from a local point of view. I did spent a week Offroad on there on a motorcycle and I can confirm it I is easy to get lost in Albania - it was dark, heavy rain, no food, no water and at the end no fuel.
Thanks again Pat! And thanks for commenting on our videos on YouTube too, as you know it really helps! 🙏

I’m glad you appreciated the Vjosa Wild River one. We’ll keep up with the conservation projects, we know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but because we’re living in the wild every day, we want to do our little bit to help protect it for future generations. The aim is to intertwine our journey with these projects which is a bit different but hopefully as we’re coming at it from a positive point of view, rather than doom and gloom, those that are on the fence will still enjoy them. We shall see! They’re also great for seeing certain parts of the world that very few people visit and meeting amazing and inspiring people! It’s a great layer to our journey!

Albania - It has its challenges but then so do many other countries. You can easily get yourself in a pickle as you start to explore some of these countries. All part of the fun from my perspective!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pat

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been enjoying your videos. Good move going when the kids are so young. We’re now tied to the school holidays.

Matt P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been enjoying your videos. Good move going when the kids are so young. We’re now tied to the school holidays.
Hi Tom, great to hear you've been enjoying our little journey! We were at an inflection point for a number of reasons when we decided to leave Hong Kong. One of the main reasons we chose to take the leap now was because the kids are so young. (That in itself brings its own challenges as you can probably imagine!) We realised we have a window of opportunity and that if we don't take it now, it's not going to be an option in the future for quite a while, and even then, it'll be very different. This is definitely not the smartest move from a financial or career point of view but nothing is ever perfect, you just have to commit and make it work. As one door closes, another opens as they say. We'll figure out a plan after this depending on how it all goes, who we meet, and how we feel about everything at the end of our journey. We're trying our best to keep all opportunities on the table and create some new ones at the same time. :)

Regarding school holidays, you can still do a lot in that time. I've found the trick is to go where no one else does, which I know is getting harder and harder but there's still good options out there regardless of the time of year.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
Yes I really fancy a family trip to Turkey and possibly Romania, That should be doable in the summer holidays. Catch the Balkans on the way...
I just need to persuade the family..

Matt P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I really fancy a family trip to Turkey and possibly Romania, That should be doable in the summer holidays. Catch the Balkans on the way...
I just need to persuade the family..
Sounds like a plan! We loved all of the places you mentioned and they're changing quickly! As for persuading the family... I'll leave that down to you. ;) It's got to be fun for everyone is all I would say.

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
Hi Tom, great to hear you've been enjoying our little journey! We were at an inflection point for a number of reasons when we decided to leave Hong Kong. One of the main reasons we chose to take the leap now was because the kids are so young. (That in itself brings its own challenges as you can probably imagine!) We realised we have a window of opportunity and that if we don't take it now, it's not going to be an option in the future for quite a while, and even then, it'll be very different. This is definitely not the smartest move from a financial or career point of view but nothing is ever perfect, you just have to commit and make it work. As one door closes, another opens as they say. We'll figure out a plan after this depending on how it all goes, who we meet, and how we feel about everything at the end of our journey. We're trying our best to keep all opportunities on the table and create some new ones at the same time. :)

Regarding school holidays, you can still do a lot in that time. I've found the trick is to go where no one else does, which I know is getting harder and harder but there's still good options out there regardless of the time of year.
Matt, this is for sure a life changing adventure what you are undertaking. And again Kudos to your super strong wife. I am sure for your kids this is the best preparation for life they can get - however one problem remains: when you are back you cannot send your kids to any school ;-) Just check out on Instagram #dadaezm - another 'crazy family' cruising around the world with different vehicles, sometimes in a Grenadier. They do just home schooling for their kids. And as you said: As one door closes, another opens as they say. Best attitude.

Back
Top Bottom