The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Wolfbox is installed and it is very cool

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
Rear camera = sticky tape + two screws.

Front cables, I ran above the headliner and out between the roof switch panel and the headliner (just rearward of the mirror).

AUDIOBUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
I went straight to screws for the rear camera. Do it once and forget about it.

I did the same.

While I'm here: has anyone experienced the WolfBox shutting down mid drive? I can't catch it in the act, but every now and then I look up and it's a black screen. It's the 850 model, direct wired to the ignition fuse under the drivers (LHD) side dash. I'm suspicious that it happens when I've forgotten to disengage auto-start/stop, but so far I haven't been able to force the error or catch it. It's happened two or three times, restart solves it. ...It's gotta be a start/stop glitch.

~AB

Reducs

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did the same.

While I'm here: has anyone experienced the WolfBox shutting down mid drive? I can't catch it in the act, but every now and then I look up and it's a black screen. It's the 850 model, direct wired to the ignition fuse under the drivers (LHD) side dash. I'm suspicious that it happens when I've forgotten to disengage auto-start/stop, but so far I haven't been able to force the error or catch it. It's happened two or three times, restart solves it. ...It's gotta be a start/stop glitch.

~AB
I've only had mine in a week, but that's happened twice. I think it's a start/stop hiccup as well. Mine is powered from the footwell on INT2.

I also ordered the anti-glare film after a couple of drives. I suggest adding it to your order to begin with if you're getting one.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I also ordered the anti-glare film after a couple of drives. I suggest adding it to your order to begin with if you're getting one.
What is the benefit?

I’ve been driving with my Wolfbox for over a month and haven’t noticed any glare. Only thing I might like is a filter on the rear camera.

Reducs

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What is the benefit?

I’ve been driving with my Wolfbox for over a month and haven’t noticed any glare. Only thing I might like is a filter on the rear camera.
I'm hoping it'll cut down on glare and secondary reflections. It feels like I see everything but the image in some conditions. $7? worth the gamble. 🤞

Then again, this is my first digital mirror, so I'm sure some of it is just me getting used to it.

Reducs

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went straight to screws for the rear camera. Do it once and forget about it.

For the cable/s into the headliner above the windscreen, you can use a few wraps of fleece tape to build up the cable diameter so it stays put, or install a cable tie on the cable/s every x inches and feed the tail into the headliner to hold the cable/s in place. See what works best for you.
The zip tie trick did the job. Thanks!

As far as the rear camera, the 3rd time seems to be the charm. I used this Gorilla mounting tape and it's still rock solid. If it doesn't hold, I guess it'll get screwed in.

PXL_20241014_184746560.jpg

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wolfbox has an 'Anniversary Sale' going on through 10/31/24
Of course AFTER I already paid full price. That always happens to me. Anyone reading this thread, I promise you that you will not be disappointed in this product. I won’t say the absolute best product I purchased for my Grenny’s, but top 2 for sure. Not only does it give you a nice clear rear view camera as a mirror, it records in case of an accident and the other driver lies saying they had the green light, also does some security recording when vehicle is off, etc etc. it’s not just a rear view camera. Please don’t ask me about these features, I know about them but I’m not smart enough to go into detail explaining them. I know my limits!!! 😜

AUDIOBUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've only had mine in a week, but that's happened twice. I think it's a start/stop hiccup as well. Mine is powered from the footwell on INT2.

I finally caught it today turning off -- it's a start/stop hiccup. It goes off when the engine goes off, and does not come back on when auto start re-starts the engine. And, it's intermittent. :cautious:

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
I finally caught it today turning off -- it's a start/stop hiccup. It goes off when the engine goes off, and does not come back on when auto start re-starts the engine. And, it's intermittent. :cautious:
Maybe 10% of the time my G900 does not power on when I start my vehicle, or it will power on then turn off again within 30 seconds. Completely random. No correlation to auto start/stop for me. I can cycle the power and the mirror will then turn on.

I am powering my mirror from INT1 in the LH footwell. I'm not using parking mode.
I plan to switch back to the cig plug power temporarily to see if this is an INT1 issue or a fault with the Wolfbox hardwire kit. It's starting to look like a warranty job though.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To anyone - Is there a way to wire up/power the camera to bypass the start/stop issue? I'm all ears/eyes. Installing this camera is on my electrical to do list and I'm almost to it.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To anyone - Is there a way to wire up/power the camera to bypass the start/stop issue? I'm all ears/eyes. Installing this camera is on my electrical to do list and I'm almost to it.
First I have to admit I am not knowledgeable in wiring/installing really anything like these. My limitation is plugging an electrical item into a socket in the house, then I’m done. So I have to hire people to do this for mine. So hats off to all of you that install these yourself. It is what it is. But I have had my G900 for some time and never had it go off with the auto start/stop or any other reason. My install guy has it directly wired into the fuse box and turns on when I start the vehicle and off when I turn off the vehicle and works the whole time driving. I love these things. Is this a normal issue people are having with these? I’ve been a huge proponent for them in other posts and honestly didn’t know of these issues. Or is this just a small number of owners that maybe wired incorrectly or have bad connections?

Reducs

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've only done this once when I forgot to disable start/stop, but it worked: I flipped the INT2 switch to off, gave it about a 5 count, then flipped it back on and the mirror turned on.

I think the long term solution is hardwiring it to the fuse box or battery, but I've run enough wire for now. I'll revisit it in a month.

Back
Top Bottom