The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wolf Box

wolfbox_logo_e68cf9b7-062c-40e0-a6b8-6f94291edbd3.png.jpeg

As the leading brand in the automotive electronics market, WOLFBOX has earned its reputation with an unwavering commitment to quality and durability. We strive to deliver cutting-edge electronics with the latest trends and technology to enhance the driving experience and cater to the evolving needs of modern drivers.

At WOLFBOX, we understand that driving is more than just a means of transportation – it's an exploration, an adventure waiting to unfold. WOLFBOX is your trusted companion, encouraging you to venture beyond your comfort zone and discover the extraordinary.

Wolfbox have agreed to give forum members a discount on their products, the discount varies depending on region unfortunatelyf.

They didn't say if this was in addition to any other promotions but its worth a go.

For USA Customers ONLY 18% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-USA

WOLFBOX USA Site

For UK Customers and EU 20% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-UK

WOLFBOX UK Site

For AU and NZ Customers 20% discount with the coupon code below

Code

GRENADIERS-AU​

WOLFBOX AU Site

WOLFBOX G850 Rearview Mirror Backup Camera Dash Cam Smart Mirror​

wolfbox-g850-rearview-mirror-backup-camera-dash-cam-877069.jpg
The smart way to record your driving experience with a choice of G850 4K mirror rearview mirror backup camera.

Please note, the forum discount only applies to orders placed directly with WOLFBOX and not via 3rd parties.
The forum may earn a small commission from any sales generated by the links above or by using the coupon code.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
How do you get the latest firmware? I purchased directly from Wolfbox.
It’s available from the Wolfbox website. You’ll need your serial number (back of the device) and firmware version (see menu). It’s as simple as formatting your SD, loading the appropriate firmware version to the SD card via your computer, and starting the Wolfbox up with the firmware/SD installed.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:42 PM
Reaction score
It’s available from the Wolfbox website. You’ll need your serial number (back of the device) and firmware version (see menu). It’s as simple as formatting your SD, loading the appropriate firmware version to the SD card via your computer, and starting the Wolfbox up with the firmware/SD installed.
Appreciate it. I don’t have a micro SD reader though and only have macs at home. Perhaps I need to buy one.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:42 AM
Reaction score
Appreciate it. I don’t have a micro SD reader though and only have macs at home. Perhaps I need to buy one.
Mac tiene lector de tarjeta Sd, compra solo el adaptador de sd para micro sd, es muy barato

Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7838481

As the leading brand in the automotive electronics market, WOLFBOX has earned its reputation with an unwavering commitment to quality and durability. We strive to deliver cutting-edge electronics with the latest trends and technology to enhance the driving experience and cater to the evolving needs of modern drivers.

At WOLFBOX, we understand that driving is more than just a means of transportation – it's an exploration, an adventure waiting to unfold. WOLFBOX is your trusted companion, encouraging you to venture beyond your comfort zone and discover the extraordinary.

Wolfbox have agreed to give forum members a discount on their products, the discount varies depending on region unfortunatelyf.

They didn't say if this was in addition to any other promotions but its worth a go.

For USA Customers ONLY 18% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-USA

WOLFBOX USA Site

For UK Customers and EU 20% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-UK

WOLFBOX UK Site

For AU and NZ Customers 20% discount with the coupon code below

Code

GRENADIERS-AU​

WOLFBOX AU Site

WOLFBOX G850 Rearview Mirror Backup Camera Dash Cam Smart Mirror​

View attachment 7838482
The smart way to record your driving experience with a choice of G850 4K mirror rearview mirror backup camera.

Please note, the forum discount only applies to orders placed directly with WOLFBOX and not via 3rd parties.
The forum may earn a small commission from any sales generated by the links above or by using the coupon code.

Local time
Reaction score
I’m a new member and new Grenadier owner here in Boca Raton, Florida. At my age (80+), my eyes need a bigger rear view camera image. I like the idea of the Wolfbox, and want it to be professionally installed.
1. Can it be installed so that it looks like a factory installation rather than an “add on”?
2. Is the camera better positioned High above the spare tire (as it is on my Gwagon), or low at the license plate level?
3. Do you recommend removing the existing rear view mirror and using the Wolfbox as a replacement?

Thanks for your patience with these queries….

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m a new member and new Grenadier owner here in Boca Raton, Florida. At my age (80+), my eyes need a bigger rear view camera image. I like the idea of the Wolfbox, and want it to be professionally installed.
1. Can it be installed so that it looks like a factory installation rather than an “add on”?
2. Is the camera better positioned High above the spare tire (as it is on my Gwagon), or low at the license plate level?
3. Do you recommend removing the existing rear view mirror and using the Wolfbox as a replacement?

Thanks for your patience with these queries….
I think it will always slightly look like an add-on because of how the plugs go into the mirror. I think the high position is best. I’m impressed with your interest at 80+. 30 years from now, I suspect I’ll be driving something more comfortable haha.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think it will always slightly look like an add-on because of how the plugs go into the mirror. I think the high position is best. I’m impressed with your interest at 80+. 30 years from now, I suspect I’ll be driving something more comfortable haha.
High position?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hear you - we’re also a Mac house… I found an ancient WIN95 machine in a hotel lobby. Did the unzip etc on an iPad and used Dropbox to get it across and onto the SD.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How many amps is the INT2 switch? Wolfbox saying 15A is required.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
I'm in NJ and it's been mid-70s here
Apologies Chadd. Not sure what made me think you were in Texas. Many of my relatives are in NJ. Teaneck I think. Spent a holiday as a teenager in Mountain Lakes with some other relatives.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Int2 is 10 amps
This could be contributing to your random shutdown issue @Chadd7.

I saw your post about 15A and thought that couldn't be right, but then I checked the fuses that Wolfbox supply in the hardwire kit and sure enough they're 15A.

Wolfbox say this in the hardwire kit FAQ:

Please note: When connecting the ACC fuse to the voltage reduction cable, ensure that the current is between 15A and 25A. The current of the constant power fuse should be within 30A.

INT2 is obviously working for others, but as a test you could revert yours to the supplied cigarette socket power adaptor and run it for a few days. If it still shuts down it's likely faulty. If it is solid then you might need to look for another power source instead of INT2.
Are you running anything else from INT2?

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for your helpful reply. My other vehicle is a Gwagon… but I’m turned off at Mercedes Benz for up charging over MSRP for new Gwagon… my local MB dealer (owned by Auto Nation) wanted $50K OVER MSRP for the AMG version… $196K went up to $246K before theyy finally offered it at 226K. Whether or not I can afford it, I don’t like being taken advantage of. So far I’m attracted to the Grenadier and enjoying my new ride. It’s still a little rough around the edges in comparison with my Gwagon, but shows promise for the future if they keep improving it.

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
For those that don't like the ADAS in the front camera, you can try this.. the arm and attachment with 3M tape are aluminum. It keeps the mirror stable and allows me to lower the mirror a bit. I'll try to get a couple of pictures of the installed mirror and attachment posted. Amazon Alum Arm

Attachments

• Alum Arm.jpg
    Alum Arm.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 21

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for your helpful reply. My other vehicle is a Gwagon… but I’m turned off at Mercedes Benz for up charging over MSRP for new Gwagon… my local MB dealer (owned by Auto Nation) wanted $50K OVER MSRP for the AMG version… $196K went up to $246K before theyy finally offered it at 226K. Whether or not I can afford it, I don’t like being taken advantage of. So far I’m attracted to the Grenadier and enjoying my new ride. It’s still a little rough around the edges in comparison with my Gwagon, but shows promise for the future if they keep improving it.
You've hit the nail on the head. The Grenadier is basically a good vehicle. I've been with it from the very beginning and have seen a lot. In my opinion, the many little things that are repeatedly reported in the forum can only be explained to a limited extent by the fact that it is a new car manufacturer. In addition, there is certainly a lack of expertise and, above all, sloppiness in production in France. The G-Wagon is certainly a different story.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This could be contributing to your random shutdown issue @Chadd7.

I saw your post about 15A and thought that couldn't be right, but then I checked the fuses that Wolfbox supply in the hardwire kit and sure enough they're 15A.

Wolfbox say this in the hardwire kit FAQ:

Please note: When connecting the ACC fuse to the voltage reduction cable, ensure that the current is between 15A and 25A. The current of the constant power fuse should be within 30A.

INT2 is obviously working for others, but as a test you could revert yours to the supplied cigarette socket power adaptor and run it for a few days. If it still shuts down it's likely faulty. If it is solid then you might need to look for another power source instead of INT2.
Are you running anything else from INT2?
Follow up to above.
I'm currently wiring in my G900 with the Wolfbox hardwire kit. As a test I temporarily put the hardwire kit across the main battery with an inline multimeter set to measure current. Yellow to + and Black to -

During startup the G900 pulled 850 milliamps with the rear camera connected. After startup it stabilised at 800 milliamps.

That seems consistent with a device of this nature and the wire gauge used in the kit.
Unclear why Wolfbox recommend higher current circuits in the hardwire kit FAQ and include 15A fuses. That seems excessive.

@Chadd7 With this in mind it's unlikely that the 10 Amp limit on INT2 is causing your shut down issue, assuming you're not maxing out INT2 for another purpose.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Follow up to above.
I'm currently wiring in my G900 with the Wolfbox hardwire kit. As a test I temporarily put the hardwire kit across the main battery with an inline multimeter set to measure current. Yellow to + and Black to -

During startup the G900 pulled 850 milliamps with the rear camera connected. After startup it stabilised at 800 milliamps.

That seems consistent with a device of this nature and the wire gauge used in the kit.
Unclear why Wolfbox recommend higher current circuits in the hardwire kit FAQ and include 15A fuses. That seems excessive.

@Chadd7 With this in mind it's unlikely that the 10 Amp limit on INT2 is causing your shut down issue, assuming you're not maxing out INT2 for another purpose.
I appreciate your input. I drove about 50 miles today and have not had that issue again. I think I willjust monitor this issue for now

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some six months after purchase I finally installed my Wolfbox!

I installed the rear camera and extended cable last weekend, fishing the cable inside the large rear door, through the rubber accordion tube, and up to the center latch area in the roof headliner. Today I did all the electrical wiring, including fishing the camera wire from the rear to the switch panel. The last bit took a surprising about of time, and I followed @Zimm ‘s suggestion of running a pull string. This was a godsend as I managed to actually loop the cable around the dropped door seal (yes, I really did I that). With the string it was super easy to pull and re-run the cable a second time in less than a minute!

The big moment!

IMG_8095.jpeg

Rear camera

IMG_8103.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom