The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wolf Box

wolfbox_logo_e68cf9b7-062c-40e0-a6b8-6f94291edbd3.png.jpeg

As the leading brand in the automotive electronics market, WOLFBOX has earned its reputation with an unwavering commitment to quality and durability. We strive to deliver cutting-edge electronics with the latest trends and technology to enhance the driving experience and cater to the evolving needs of modern drivers.

At WOLFBOX, we understand that driving is more than just a means of transportation – it's an exploration, an adventure waiting to unfold. WOLFBOX is your trusted companion, encouraging you to venture beyond your comfort zone and discover the extraordinary.

Wolfbox have agreed to give forum members a discount on their products, the discount varies depending on region unfortunatelyf.

They didn't say if this was in addition to any other promotions but its worth a go.

For USA Customers ONLY 18% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-USA

WOLFBOX USA Site

For UK Customers and EU 20% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-UK

WOLFBOX UK Site

For AU and NZ Customers 20% discount with the coupon code below

Code

GRENADIERS-AU​

WOLFBOX AU Site

WOLFBOX G850 Rearview Mirror Backup Camera Dash Cam Smart Mirror​

wolfbox-g850-rearview-mirror-backup-camera-dash-cam-877069.jpg
The smart way to record your driving experience with a choice of G850 4K mirror rearview mirror backup camera.

Please note, the forum discount only applies to orders placed directly with WOLFBOX and not via 3rd parties.
The forum may earn a small commission from any sales generated by the links above or by using the coupon code.

Last edited:

cdlucas

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
This product is a great addition to my IG, easy to install and functions perfectly. Highly recommended!

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
Any tips on how you did it? Thanks!
I used a thick metal hanger (not a wire hanger) to make enough space to pull the camera wire through. It takes some brute strength but the grommet did not tear and it worked out for me. You need to pull the grommet out of the metal door frame first btw and then put it back in after getting the camera wire through.

inky_black

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
I just installed a G930, for the rear camera I went through the top edge of the headrests along the door panels and weather stripping on the jams. I then went under a trim piece which has to get unscrewed and to the roof without making any holes. Figure I'd share since we all basically have the same make and model lol. I used the double sided tape to hold it down but I was worried that it would fly off in a car wash. For some odd reason this part popped up on amazon for a corvette

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CLNWVLS2?tag=globalgrena0b-20

I purchased it but it wouldn't fit the cars curves exactly, maybe someone else here would know a closer fit. I ended up trimming it and it works great and now I am not worried about the camera popping off and I didnt make on hole in my car for this entire instal. I know they sell license plate brackets but I wanted the camera on the roof as I get a much better viewing angle that way. Maybe someone can 3d print perfect fit covers! FYI I couldn't find any other better matching colors for this, but you really barely see it anyway. It actually looks like its OEM and matches the black strips on the roof unless you come really close and focus on it.

Thanks,

Adam

View attachment 7867469View attachment 7867470View attachment 7867471View attachment 7867474View attachment 7867472

Did you remove the plastic parts on which your camera was mounted to lay the cable there? If so, do you have pictures of the process or do you know how to remove this cover above the breaking light?

Cheers, Inky_black

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At the end of the day the pro still uses a 2.4k rear camera with 25fps refresh rate albeit with a slightly better sensor. You can probably just replace the rear camera and get most of the visual benefit. It’s still not a 4k rear camera with 60fps refresh rate for whatever reason, which is disappointing. I could tell if the screen is any better in the cabin… but doesn’t really matter if the resolution and refresh rate of the rear camera isn’t any better.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
Any tips on how you did it? Thanks!
You can find some pictures in this thread.
I did the same ....

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
You can find some pictures in this thread.
I did the same ....
Thanks, Jean for such a detailed installation post!

Local time
Reaction score
After a week of use, bright days produce a reflection that overpowered the led screen rendering it useless in those conditions. It’s actually unsafe to have to stake the time to readjust and ignore the reflection. Find something else if you haven’t purchased this already.

Local time
Reaction score
Did you remove the plastic parts on which your camera was mounted to lay the cable there? If so, do you have pictures of the process or do you know how to remove this cover above the breaking light?

Cheers, Inky_black
When you open the back doors along the roof line there are two or 3 panels that make up the corner. I loosened the screws on the outer ones and removed the center one where the camera sits. I passed the wire under it and then screwed them back down. They are basically corner pieces for the roof and back door jamb. I did remove the camera off the bracket it came on when I mounted it. Here are some pictures.

Adam

IMG_4920.jpeg
IMG_4919.jpegIMG_4921.jpeg

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After a week of use, bright days produce a reflection that overpowered the led screen rendering it useless in those conditions. It’s actually unsafe to have to stake the time to readjust and ignore the reflection. Find something else if you haven’t purchased this already.
I tilt it down slightly toward me. I have no reflection issue. They also have anti reflective film if you want to try that but I didnt need to.

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I tilt it down slightly toward me. I have no reflection issue. They also have anti reflective film if you want to try that but I didnt need to.

Agreed. Unlike a typical mirror you can position the Wolfbox to face your line of sight. For me it eliminated all reflection - also use the anti-reflective film that is included.

Nishan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:31 AM
Reaction score
I may have justed wasted 30 bucks, but I have ordered this arm from Aliexpress to see how close it is to a solution. It's the price Wolfbox will charge anyway.
The mount plate hole spacing is different at 30 x 46mm but I'm working on a hunch that the head can be swapped out for the Wolfbox head (30 x 30mm spacing).

Will advise...

View attachment 7855380
Hi Mate,
I accidentally remove the mirror arm mounted in to the windsscreen while trying to detach mirror from it. Do you remember how did you push it back.
Thanks

Last edited:

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi

Hi Mate,

Hi Mate,
I accidentally remove the mirror arm mounted in to the windsscreen while trying to detach mirror from it. Do you remember how did you push it back.
Thanks
Hi @nishan
If I understand correctly you have removed the factory mirror arm from the windscreen. You will be left with a metal button glued onto the windscreen like this:
PXL_20240521_035654048.jpg
The factory arm and replacement arms attach to that button by metal fingers. To remove the arm you twist it counter-clockwise until it comes off. To refit to the windscreen you do the reverse. You might need to do that action a couple of times to work it out. Be patient. Don't force anything.
PXL_20240602_031258741.jpg
Not a great example, but the mount and method is the same as this Audi mirror. Twist and pull to remove. Line up and press on, then twist to refit.
The factory arm is very tight. If you cannot turn it by hand you can protect the arm with something non-marking (I used a leather work glove) then use a pair of multi grips to provide extra leverage.

If all that fails any decent windscreen replacement shop will help you out, probably at no cost.

Nishan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @nishan
If I understand correctly you have removed the factory mirror arm from the windscreen. You will be left with a metal button glued onto the windscreen like this:
View attachment 7867825
The factory arm and replacement arms attach to that button by metal fingers. To remove the arm you twist it counter-clockwise until it comes off. To refit to the windscreen you do the reverse. You might need to do that action a couple of times to work it out. Be patient. Don't force anything.
View attachment 7867826
Not a great example, but the mount and method is the same as this Audi mirror. Twist and pull to remove. Line up and press on, then twist to refit.
The factory arm is very tight. If you cannot turn it by hand you can protect the arm with something non-marking (I used a leather work glove) then use a pair of multi grips to provide extra leverage.

If all that fails any decent windscreen replacement shop will help you out, probably at no cost.
Thank you for the explanation. Ill give it a go tomorrow.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today while sitting at a red light, my wolfbox turned off on its own and i could not turn it back on. Then i stopped for groceries and when I restarted it came on again. Any idea what this issue might be? I connected the wolfbox to the INT 2 switch.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
Today while sitting at a red light, my wolfbox turned off on its own and i could not turn it back on. Then i stopped for groceries and when I restarted it came on again. Any idea what this issue might be? I connected the wolfbox to the INT 2 switch.
Being Texas, could it be heat related? I know excessive heat shuts down my mobile phone.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if it will solve it but are you on the most recent firmware version? That appears to have improved the stability of mine.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if it will solve it but are you on the most recent firmware version? That appears to have improved the stability of mine.
How do you get the latest firmware? I purchased directly from Wolfbox.

Back
Top Bottom