The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wind deflectors

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
Ich hatte die Teile lange Jahre an meinem Landy, der hatte keine Klimaanlage. Da waren sie ein deutlicher Mehrwert, wenn im Sommer die Lüftungsklappen und das Fahrerfenster offen waren wehte es angenehm von vorne durchs Auto und nicht durchs Fenster. Halt ein Windabweiser. Bei Regen pladderte es auch nicht rein, das war sehr gut.

Wie es beim Grenadier ist, wüsste ich auch gerne, deshalb werde ich die mal bestellen, die Investition ist ja überschaubar. Offenes Fenster bei warmem Wetter ist schön, möchte ich wieder ohne Sturm im Gesicht haben, und meine Klimaanlage funktioniert momentan sowieso nicht.
————-
I had the parts on my Landy for many years, it didn't have air conditioning. They were a clear added value; when the ventilation flaps and the driver's window were open in the summer, the breeze blew pleasantly through the front of the car and not through the window. A wind deflector at the end. It didn't splash in when it rained either, which was very good.

I'd also like to know what it is with the Grenadier, so I'll order it, the investment is manageable. Open window in warm weather is nice, I want to have no storm in my face again, and my air conditioning isn't working at the moment anyway.
So I'll wait for your assessment in the rain.

Thank you for the posting. And for being the Guinea Pig. ;)

And thanky ou @Shaky as well. But two assessments are better than one: I'm sure Bitish rain is different than continental rain. :giggle:

Last edited:

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:23 AM
Reaction score
Hi

Thank you for your order for the Ineos Grenadier and Dacia Duster ClimAir deflectors. The deflectors for the Ineos have only just become available from the manufacturers, ClimAir Plava in Germany, so there will be a delay whilst we are awaiting stock of this new part number and we will also order new stock of the Dacia Duster for you.

Our orders from Germany normally take about 2- 3 weeks but as soon as it arrives, we will dispatch for next day delivery (Monday to Friday) and you will receive an email with the tracking information when your order is ready for dispatch.

Update from Climair.

We have also attached extra instructions to read prior to fitting – thank you and hope you have a good week.

Kind regards

Andy
CLIMAIR UK LTD

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out exactly what these things do and why I would want them.
They serve a number of functions:

If you live the the Far East (of the world) with monsoon seasons they help keep the inside of the vehicle from fogging up.

If you like to drive with the windows open an inch or two they reduce the noise levels

If you smoke while driving it drags the smoke out

They help increase your fuel consumption

They look cool (in some people's eyes)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
That pretty much sums it all up @landmannnn, I have had the Hecko ones on my last 4 vehicles and have certainly only ever found them a pro rather than a con when they are fitted.

One other thing that I find a plus, is you can leave a window cracked open when parked up and as long as the window doesn’t come down lower than the deflector, you are virtually guaranteed that no rain could ever get in and to the passer by or enquiring eyes the window doesn’t actually look open either, which is great for dogs left in the vehicle !!

Just thinking about it, the only con I have ever had, was that a rear window sometimes used to not close properly if the window had been open for an extended period of time. the electric window would sense something was in the way and stop the window. If I bent out the deflector a bit it would close perfectly. In hindsight it needed another clip fitting to push it open a bit more. That was only on one of the vehicles mind.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looking good
More have arrived today but won’t have a chance to fot for a couple of weeks

Reactions: PBD

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out exactly what these things do and why I would want them.
I fall strictly in the don’t waste my money camp. The Grenadier shape already eliminates wind buffeting through an open window (even minimally), which I am pleased to say not all vehicles do. They also look terribly cheap and ruin the appearance of any vehicle they’re on.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:23 AM
Reaction score
I’m open to the idea. But I’ll wait. After I live with the Grenadier through a Vancouver rainy season (approximately 8 months long), I’ll decide how the stock windows and airflow perform when I want fresh air during a downpour. 🌧️ Some vehicles are definitely better than others in this regard.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fitted today real easy.
I fitted mine yesterday (front and rear) photos attached. However I had two little clips that fit on the front bottom end near to the wing mirror? The instructions I got said they must be fitted this way?
I can see yours are tucked inside at the bottom, any problems with them slipping down?

Attachments

• IMG_6600.jpeg
    IMG_6600.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6601.jpeg
    IMG_6601.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6602.jpeg
    IMG_6602.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6603.jpeg
    IMG_6603.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6604.jpeg
    IMG_6604.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 54

Mitchell300

GG-741
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I fitted mine yesterday (front and rear) photos attached. However I had two little clips that fit on the front bottom end near to the wing mirror? The instructions I got said they must be fitted this way?
I can see yours are tucked inside at the bottom, any problems with them slipping down?
If you look at post 68 above the bottom of the deflector shows to be tucked within the rubber seal. I remember seeing an early design that curved onto the bottom, maybe the clip was for that.

Reactions: PBD

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you look at post 68 above the bottom of the deflector shows to be tucked within the rubber seal. I remember seeing an early design that curved onto the bottom, maybe the clip was for that.
Sorry i bought 2 sets one for wifes Dacia Duster and one for Grenadier.Fitted Dacia 1st and they totally different than Grenadier.Yes they do fit tucked in rubber seal and they do work.But then found clips and re fitted properly.
Think if they tucked in it might divert rainwater into door.As for Tom 104 comment.I found that travelling with rear windows down even slightly makes a loud drumming wind noise which now doesn't happen with deflectors fitted.At moment using with window partly open due to me not having functioning air con for over 12 months.I personally don't think they look cheap.Mine are same colour tint as windows and think they very effective.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry i bought 2 sets one for wifes Dacia Duster and one for Grenadier.Fitted Dacia 1st and they totally different than Grenadier.Yes they do fit tucked in rubber seal and they do work.But then found clips and re fitted properly.
Think if they tucked in it might divert rainwater into door.As for Tom 104 comment.I found that travelling with rear windows down even slightly makes a loud drumming wind noise which now doesn't happen with deflectors fitted.At moment using with window partly open due to me not having functioning air con for over 12 months.I personally don't think they look cheap.Mine are same colour tint as windows and think they very effective.
did you order the smoky grey or black?

Mitchell300

GG-741
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got mine a couple of weeks ago, Smoke grey. Easy to fit, with clip. Only issue I’ve had is with the windows open slightly at higher speeds the glass rattles. Just needs the window opened a bit more, still covered by the deflectors.IMG-20240804-WA0000_Original.jpeg

Mitchell300

GG-741
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine turned up yesterday - I need to work up the enthusiasm to fit them.

Looks easy enough, Any tips?
Only awkward bit was getting the clip in the right position. I’ve attached the generic instructions below as the ones that came with mine were in German.
IMG_1923.pngIMG_1924.pngIMG_1925.png

Back
Top Bottom