The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wind deflectors

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:13 AM
Reaction score
I am after some Climair wind deflectors for the Greny, i have templated the Landy to find how close the two window apertures are (front and back) but they are about 2.5 to 3 cm difference along the top.
Do any of you have a G Wagon, Nissan Patrol etc that you could template the widows and then measure against the Grenadier to see if any are a match, as Climair do not have the Greny's measurements so couldn't help.
Thanks @nd

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t know, I’ve never asked , but they are not in the accessories catalogue.

Reactions: PBD

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:13 AM
Reaction score
I am after some Climair wind deflectors for the Greny, i have templated the Landy to find how close the two window apertures are (front and back) but they are about 2.5 to 3 cm difference along the top.
Do any of you have a G Wagon, Nissan Patrol etc that you could template the widows and then measure against the Grenadier to see if any are a match, as Climair do not have the Greny's measurements so couldn't help.
Thanks @nd
G Wagen window measurements. If you need something different, just let me know

Attachments

• 20230523_141450_resized.jpg
    20230523_141450_resized.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 20230523_141535_resized.jpg
    20230523_141535_resized.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 111

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
G Wagen window measurements. If you need something different, just let me know
Thanks Highwayman i'll have a measure up tomorrow .
Lightning snap, have them on the Landy and want them on the new one.

Local time
Reaction score
These Defender wind deflectors might work on the Grenadier as they stick on the outside of the window frame.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Deflectors are almost a certain in many cars.

Anyone who has their IG already, can you say if the rain pisses in or just standing rainwater comes in through the open window off the roof when the windows are open or just even cracked open a bit.

A Discovery 5 I once owned was bloody horrendous for it, and with the window switches on the top edge of the door card the water would piss straight in and then sit in the switches…..nice one JLR.

Sign me up for deflectors when someone eventually makes them.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Anyone who they’re IG already, can you say if the rain pisses in or just standing rainwater comes in through the open window off the roof when the windows are open or just even cracked open a bit.

A Discovery 5 I once owned was bloody horrendous for it, and with the window switches on the top edge of the door card the water would piss straight in and then sit in the switches…..nice one JLR.

Same experience with my D4. The window switches get a regular dousing. How they are still functioning I don't know.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Climair UK can't help with deflectors, but they are made in Germany.
Are any of our EU owners anywhere close to Climair or could contact them direct to see if they have anything that fits or go for a fitting ??

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've had deflectors from Heko in the past, which were very good and very reasonably priced. Might be worth approaching them?

Heko or Heko

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score

Anyone who has their IG already, can you say if the rain pisses in or just standing rainwater comes in through the open window off the roof when the windows are open or just even cracked open a bit.

I might be a bit crazy but I generally close the windows when it is raining??
I have owned about 20 different vehicles and from memory only the soft top Suzuki's still let rain in when the removable plastic windows were zipped shut.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
I might be a bit crazy but I generally close the windows when it is raining??
I have owned about 20 different vehicles and from memory only the soft top Suzuki's still let rain in when the removable plastic windows were zipped shut.
Dave, I dont think we get to weigh in on rain; I know aussies get plenty of huge downpours, but we are less qualified for relentless drizzle. We sit this one out.😉

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone had any luck on finding a manufacturer making wind deflectors for the Grenny yet?
I contacted Climair directly, they are going to make them, but they will only be available initially through Ineos.
They also couldn't a time frame to a release date.

Back
Top Bottom