The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who regrets their decision?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
he retorts range from "at least it won't leak!" or 'no need to carry jerries'.
To me this sounds very much like she just doesn't want the Grenadier.

While you're still desperately looking for arguments, she has probably already decided that it's the wrong car. Men and women often justify their rejection in a roundabout way. But women are particularly good at it. If you then realize afterwards that the matter was already settled for "her", you look like an idiot.

Ask her straight out if she just doesn't want the car.

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
In my case, it was - as always - a battle between heart and head. And - as almost always - my head would have won. But my wife asked me to order the Gren and sign the contract. Because if not, how would I ever know what a Gren is like? And she wants to drive the Gren, of course. If we realize that it is not the car for us after all, we will sell it. But first it's time to try it out.
All this happened before I searched for a forum and found this one, before all the reported Gremlins & Co, and I know it was the right decision for us.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
In my case, it was - as always - a battle between heart and head. And - as almost always - my head would have won. But my wife asked me to order the Gren and sign the contract. Because if not, how would I ever know what a Gren is like? And she wants to drive the Gren, of course. If we realize that it is not the car for us after all, we will sell it. But first it's time to try it out.
All this happened before I searched for a forum and found this one, before all the reported Gremlins & Co, and I know it was the right decision for us.
She's absolutely correct - and she may well let you drive it occcasionally !

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
Sorry but you just need to be beaten like a red headed step-child.

Ha ha! Sacrilege, eh? C'mon, the Grenadier pales in comparison to your fancy sports car.

Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's an emotional assessment. I have often been employed to deliver beauty so I feel I have a pretty good hold on aesthetic content and yet I drive a fifty year old vehicle that I have never found attractive compared to similar models by other manufacturers of the same vintage. I bought and built it because of what it was - not what it looked like. It has continued to function as expected for the thirty plus years I have owned it and I cherish it despite its homely visage. My rational expectations are that the Grenadier will manifest the same type of long term functionality. If I'm wrong it will be from the failure of my diminutive intellect and not from my expansive heart.

Surely these days you’re just locked in the cupboard under the stairs?

I'm much too tall for that. They keep me in the attic.

Don't buy it :devilish:

That's so mean! Please don't hate me.😘

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
Ha ha! Sacrilege, eh? C'mon, the Grenadier pales in comparison to your fancy sports car.

Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's an emotional assessment. I have often been employed to deliver beauty so I feel I have a pretty good hold on aesthetic content and yet I drive a fifty year old vehicle that I have never found attractive compared to similar models by other manufacturers of the same vintage. I bought and built it because of what it was - not what it looked like. It has continued to function as expected for the thirty plus years I have owned it and I cherish it despite its homely visage. My rational expectations are that the Grenadier will manifest the same type of long term functionality. If I'm wrong it will be from the failure of my diminutive intellect and not from my expansive heart.

I'm much too tall for that. They keep me in the attic.

That's so mean! Please don't hate me.😘

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO6LF54ByhM

Farglebah

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
The biggest problem I have had with my decision is that whenever I do a YouTube search for any interesting new footage, this face confronts me.
Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 06.44.12.png

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
I just love my car. It is a great design and well thought out. It has a few teething problems re warning lights randomly coming on but that is call character!!!!!!! Hopefully the glitches will soon be sorted out but I do not regret buying the IG. I am soon of on a 1200 mile trip around the British Isles and am looking forward to driving it around the NC500 route.
Hi Dermot, I live on the NC500! Give a toot on the Dornoch Firth bridge. 😀

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
To me this sounds very much like she just doesn't want the Grenadier.

While you're still desperately looking for arguments, she has probably already decided that it's the wrong car. Men and women often justify their rejection in a roundabout way. But women are particularly good at it. If you then realize afterwards that the matter was already settled for "her", you look like an idiot.

Ask her straight out if she just doesn't want the car.
To clarify and give my two bits worth. I waited 3-4 years for a grenadier to replace my defender which was my all time favourite vehicle. I got my grenadier last week. It’s at the shop currently getting a few issues righted. BUT. Already it is giving me the same feeling I had with my defender. It is quirky, uniquely suited to exploring and a head turner. And it makes me smile. That for me is enough and I know the niggles will get sorted - the mechanical ones by my mechanics and the software ones by ineos or other equally IT savvy smart people.

Would I choose this car again. Short answer. Yes - every single time.

My other car is an X6 BMW. My third. When I test drove the first one my wife thought it was the ugliest car she’d ever been in. I bought the first one and my wife loved it. On my third one and she still loves them.

As for the grenadier - the whole family and everyone I meet loves it. Regrets - none.

Buy it or not that’s for you to decide. But you will love seeing them and that’s a fact.

Annee Grenadier_girl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
I just love my car. It is a great design and well thought out. It has a few teething problems re warning lights randomly coming on but that is call character!!!!!!! Hopefully the glitches will soon be sorted out but I do not regret buying the IG. I am soon of on a 1200 mile trip around the British Isles and am looking forward to driving it around the NC500 route.
Dermot, im too in West Sussex and doing the NC500 at the beginning of October....loving my car/truck too !

Dermot

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dermot, im too in West Sussex and doing the NC500 at the beginning of October....loving my car/truck too !
Hi Annee, I think that you will love the NC500. We unfortunately had to miss out as our house/dog sitter fell ill 24 hours before the start of our journey. We mill have to reschedule our trip for next year. We had all our camping kit, food etc laid out ready to go and had to make do with a 48 hour journey to Norfolk with the dogs. It’s not the same but the best that we could cobble together at such short notice. Are you familiar with Scotland? The scenery is just
stunning and I am close to envy of you travelling up. Some of those roads are going to be a joy to drive. We are near Worthing, West Sussex. Whereabouts are you from? Happy driving
Dermot

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
With regards to the Gren, once my wife knew that both kids' seats would fit more 'easily' in the back row than that CX5 + when we trip away, we have roughly 100% MORE natural storage, it was a done deal! Cmon Gren, I am sick of waiting...

Annee Grenadier_girl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Annee, I think that you will love the NC500. We unfortunately had to miss out as our house/dog sitter fell ill 24 hours before the start of our journey. We mill have to reschedule our trip for next year. We had all our camping kit, food etc laid out ready to go and had to make do with a 48 hour journey to Norfolk with the dogs. It’s not the same but the best that we could cobble together at such short notice. Are you familiar with Scotland? The scenery is just
stunning and I am close to envy of you travelling up. Some of those roads are going to be a joy to drive. We are near Worthing, West Sussex. Whereabouts are you from? Happy driving
Dermot
Dermot....I'm very close to you, I live in Washington

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After all of this discussion of the NC500, my wife now wants to do it on our trip to Scotland next August.

If anyone wants to lend me their Grenadier so I can complete the drive, then let me know.
(Reciprocal rights for your visit to OZ)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know Scotland pretty well and rather than the prescribed NC500 as created by someone in the Scottish government in order to increase tourism but without first ensuring that the route could cope with the traffic. I would suggest a base, perhaps near Inverness from which to explore North Scotland in a shamrock formation doing up to 200 miles per day depending. Using this method allows far better hotel choices as well as the less exciting bits of the NC500. The interior of Scotland is equally breathtaking and depending on the weather, route can be altered to suit. Just a suggestion for those not committed to the NC500 itself which sadly has become a bit like Route 66 in the States but with less accommodation and even worse cuisine.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know Scotland pretty well and rather than the prescribed NC500 as created by someone in the Scottish government in order to increase tourism but without first ensuring that the route could cope with the traffic. I would suggest a base, perhaps near Inverness from which to explore North Scotland in a shamrock formation doing up to 200 miles per day depending. Using this method allows far better hotel choices as well as the less exciting bits of the NC500. The interior of Scotland is equally breathtaking and depending on the weather, route can be altered to suit. Just a suggestion for those not committed to the NC500 itself which sadly has become a bit like Route 66 in the States but with less accommodation and even worse cuisine.
Well, @Cheshire cat and our Scotland brethren, give us some recommendations please that aren’t included on the Grand Tour. I want to know where those isolated pubs are that are in the middle of a sheep farm, where the farmer hangs his shepherds crook before he sits down and has his evening pint.

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, @Cheshirecat and our Scotland brethren, give us some recommendations please that aren’t included on the Grand Tour. I want to know where those isolated pubs are that are in the middle of a sheep farm, where the farmer hangs his shepherds crook before he sits down and has his evening pint.
Let me get on it.

Back
Top Bottom