The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Where's the confidence level in the company?

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:28 PM
Reaction score
You ex-British colonials certainly know how to f**k-up the ENGLISH language.
Go ahead and push those buttons - youā€™ll just end up with pissed off drunk Queb hockey fans and pissed off alligator-wrestling rednecks from Louisiana (who were Queb before you kicked them out).

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"Trailer" in my country conjures up trips to the tip (dump to you) and loads of soil/gravel/manure/large appliances/various bikes .
"Caravan" conjures up images of the Silk Road in Marco Polo times.
Well it does to me šŸ˜Š
As @holdmybeer pointed out, we would usually make a distinction between a trailer and a travel trailer - the trailer is for hauling stuff. And yeah, ā€œcaravanā€ is a Persian word - think procession of camels. Thatā€™s why we think of it as automobiles, wagons, etc moving in single file. A travel trailer is also called a camper - but again, I donā€™t often hear it called a caravan. Airstream uses ā€œtravel trailerā€ and ā€œtouring coach,ā€ depending upon whether the vehicle is attached to the cabin.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
And then there is trailer trash, we don't have that.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Go ahead and push those buttons - youā€™ll just end up with pissed off drunk Queb hockey fans and pissed off alligator-wrestling rednecks from Louisiana (who were Queb before you kicked them out).
Hey now, the Cajun/Louisianan in me refutes this statement, as my neck is more of a tan than red!!šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

But I have to agree to some degree (yes I am a poet, bet you didnā€™t even know it, ha did it again didnā€™t I, šŸ˜‰) as I just wrestled a gator into the airboat this morning. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

1729574292474.jpeg

Last edited:

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And then there is trailer trash, we don't have that.
Iā€™m not sure when/how we started going down this road, but there are good and bad people (poor/rich, dumb/smart, etc etc) in all counties across this world. I would like to think the best of us are Grenadier owners, yea?

1729575305368.gif

Btw, I canā€™t believe I am giving some of my personal info out, but in my childhood days I grew up in poverty and besides living in a car for a little bit, we also lived in a couple of ā€œtrailersā€ as mom always had us moving around as she could find jobs here and there & thatā€™s all she could afford raising several kids all alone. So technically I was ā€œtrailer trashā€ back in the day. However, now I am far from that life. Wonā€™t boost too much, but I do own 2 Grenadiers & waiting for the Quartermaster to hit the USA for my 3rd, and I also own several other nice vehicles as well as couple of properties and already retired (not close to retirement age either btw)(not completely debt free but close to it), so I have done well even if starting off as what you say ā€œtrailer trashā€ā€¦..not too shabby I thinkā€¦ā€¦sorry but hearing that derogatory term brings back many memories (teased lots as a kid being poor, living in a trailer, goodwill cloths, etc) and just want people to know thatā€™s one of the great things about being an American, you can achieve a better life with hard work and determination!! IT CAN BE DONE!!!!!!!!! Not saying all countries donā€™t offer the same capabilities, but Google ā€œwhich country is called the land of opportunity & why?ā€! Yepā€¦ā€¦.šŸ¤”šŸ˜‰šŸ˜Ž

1729575628379.jpeg

Last edited:
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
Sold Ineos cars in the US up to September: 4956 units.

AWo

Is this SOLD and delivered to customers or US models imported into the US and what Dealers have/had in inventory?

Was just curious where the number came from?

Local time
Reaction score
It seems like the last couple pages of this thread could be summed up by the old Winston Churchill quote of a common people divided by a common languageā€¦

And all seriousness, I took delivery of my Grenadier in late August after a ridiculous number of delays, it is what it is. At the time I took Delivery, I had a 2023 Mercedes G63, 2023 Chevy Tahoe Z 71, and a 2023 Bronco.

The Grenadier is unlike any other vehicle in terms of the anti-technology and back to old-school way of thinking. Itā€™s clearly a niche market, but for those who like this type of thing, there is nothing else that comes close.

In the last several weeks, my Tahoe 71 is gone. A week and a half ago I got rid of the G wagen. I have owned at least one G wagen consistently for the last eight years.

Having the ability to choose getting in the G wagen or the grenadier was an easy decision, what used to be fun about the G wagen has been completely overtaken with technology and demand for gimmicks. It is not what it was a decade ago.

If the grenadier price point was 50 grand more, I donā€™t think they would lose any high-end buyers at all. Some of the dumb spec early orders that were trying to keep things cheap would have been eliminated and I think thatā€™s whatā€™s killing the market. Once those are gone, I canā€™t imagine any dealer would let somebody order those without a significant deposit. Thatā€™s one thing the current dealerships could not do because these orders were already pre-existing. There really wasnā€™t much business guidance, and a bunch of silly things from people looking to jump into the seat.

A couple of years ago when I ordered my grenadier, I saw it as a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a part of a test pilot program for what could be a really cool product or something that could completely fall flat on its face. I figure that the quality would be, a little bit good and a little bit bad for the final product, although thereā€™s some electrical and programming issues, the end product far exceeds any expectation I had.

Once the seat issue or whatever the trim component is is resolved, I think a lot of the old inventory will have been moved on, and the dealership will remain strong. In the meantime, it has been a fun ride and I look forward to even more fun.

Local time
Reaction score
Some pictures of the initial US prototype I saw (2022) and what the end result was. I got to say, I bought the initial marketing hook line and seeker back then.

Attachments

• IMG_9354.jpeg
    IMG_9354.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9352.jpeg
    IMG_9352.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9353.jpeg
    IMG_9353.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9339.jpeg
    IMG_9339.jpeg