The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Where's the confidence level in the company?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
I'll tell you who I don't have confidence in Porsche and Audi. They are recalling 34k cars because of a potential short circuit that will lead to a fire. Plus they don't have seats anymore because of Recaro. The last part was a stretch but the first part is real but I am also being sarcastic

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
I'll tell you who I don't have confidence in Porsche and Audi. They are recalling 34k cars because of a potential short circuit that will lead to a fire. Plus they don't have seats anymore because of Recaro. The last part was a stretch but the first part is real but I am also being sarcastic
OK so I would like to ask where Porsche has stopped production?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
OK so I would like to ask where Porsche has stopped production?
So I did some research, check this out from July 23 2024 from Bloomberg.

The supply shortage is the result of flooding at a production facility of an important European supplier, Porsche said Tuesday, without disclosing the company’s name. The issue has affected aluminum components that are used in all of the brand’s vehicles, and output could be affected by several weeks. Porsche shares declined as much as 7.7% in Frankfurt, the steepest intraday drop since they started trading in September 2022.

Porsche “will certainly be closely questioned over its cluster risk management that has left it so vulnerable to one critical supplier,” Bernstein analysts led by Stephen Reitman said in a note. The company told the analysts that the problems will prevent production of at least 10,000 cars in the second half.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
I will play devil’s advocate in this mostly negative thread as I think we should hear from both sides. Maybe I’m wrong, but here I go……

First, I am truly sorry to hear of the issues that some of you are having with your brand new vehicle. However, in “SOME” instances I do wonder if it’s truly the vehicle or if the owner is one that likes to complain about anything and is one of those never happy about anything type of people. Honestly, if you are having such a horrific experience why keep the vehicle? Sell it, trade it, figure out a way of getting into another vehicle and move on from the Grenadier as it is not for you. I’m in the USA and when I hear people complain about how bad this country is it hits me the same way, nothing is keeping you here if it is so bad pack up and move to another country. 🤷‍♂️ The USA is not holding you hostage. Find a better place to live for yourself. Sorry this is a big issue for me as I am a veteran and served proudly in the Army for many years. Same goes for the vehicle. However, If you do like the Grenadier and want to keep it and are having issues, have patience and trust that things will work out (production will start back up early 2025, manuals will get made, parts flowing, software updates sent out, etc). Btw, the parts issue is not just with Grenadiers! I have a close family member that I see and talk to on a regular basis and he owns a repair shop and he tells me horror stories of waiting MONTHS for parts for all kinds of vehicles (Nissan, Toyota, etc) and says this has been going on since the COVID shut down, and that it is affecting insurance companies & rental companies a lot as insurance has to pay for rentals for customers to stay in a lot longer waiting on these parts that use to take days to get in and rental companies are getting short on rentals because they are staying out longer. So you see it is NOT just a Grenadier issue. I know this doesn’t fix your situation, but does explain that it’s not just our vehicles.

Maybe in a few months I will be eating these words, but I am a gambler and have gone all in on Ineos Grenadier (see my avatar and user name) as I own TWO of them. I feel in LOVE 😍 with the first one and decided to “pimp” it out with every single accessory I could find and then buy a second to leave mainly stock, for now 😉. Call me crazy but when production starts back up and they start sending Quartermasters to the US then I will probably own 3!! Just hate having to dish out the dang 25% “chicken tax” BS!! I have owned MANY vehicles in my lifetime and never felt this way about another one and that says alot as I have owned and still own several unique and nice vehicles. Yes I am fortunate and I have other vehicles as well, but I honestly only drive the Grenny’s lately. True story!! So yes, I have had a totally different experience than some on this thread. Besides the common beeps we all get, ZERO issues. I have purchased my two Grenny’s in the last few months and makes me wonder if the newer models have less issues. 🤷‍♂️ My fix for the stupid beep/ding whatever you want to call the sound we all get going over 1mph (km in other places) the speed limit? Turning the stereo up to 10, 11, 12 (I try not to hit 14) and jamming to the Stones/Skynyrd/ACDC/Halen/ZZ/insert your fav music here 😎 then all the sudden I don’t hear it anymore. Ok, I’m being facetious now, but that’s my real fix until we get a software update that works. Is it aggravating, sure it is, but doesn’t take away from the way I feel about these things. Every single time I drive one, someone will either honk their horn and give me thumbs up or ask to roll down my window to ask questions about it, take pics with their cell phones or just the common wave from people I have no clue who they are. That’s just from them seeing the outside, the ones that catch me at the gas station or grocery store and look inside they are even more wowed. It’s crazy as I don’t even get this much attention from my 1969 fully restored Bronco! Fact!! Yes if I am being honest I love the Grenny’s more than the Bronco (don’t hate on me Bronco lovers I still love my Bronco too but it doesn’t drive like a new vehicle—if you own one you know what I mean!).

Anyway, I get sidetracked sometimes in my old age. Sorry. 🤦‍♂️ I am not making fun of anyone’s issue or calling anyone a hypochondriac of vehicle issues, but there seems to be a lot of negativity towards this GREAT product we all bought into. Do you realize what this brand has accomplished creating this vehicle? It is simply amazing. Almost every single part used are from the best of that industry (Bilstein, Bosch, Brembo, Carraro group, Eaton, Eibach, Recaro (for now), Tremec, etc). Just to get contracts and supply structure etc from all these manufacturers is amazing!! I honestly think these vehicles will be on the road well after the zombie apocalypse! 🙃

Sure there have been some snags along the way, but I can’t recall any new products that have came out in the last decade or so that had ZERO issues or the lack of support or info provided etc. It is what it is and to be blunt if you are so unhappy why do you still own the vehicle and why be a part of this forum family? Just my thoughts. I am sure I will have some haters come at me, but if you knew me you know I don’t back down from nada and I speak what I feel is right. So come at me bro….😎 💪👊 as I am A GRENADIER MAN DOWN TO THE CORE BABY!!!

Ok hater downvotes begin…….🙄
Btw, apparently in the USA we don’t get any of these “jackets” but this is how I feel about that: (sorry for the chicken scratch handwriting 🤷‍♂️):

IMG_0217.jpeg

P.S. sorry for the book, it’s 5am and I’m awake with nothing to do but type..🤓

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not so worried about the seat issue. I'm certain it's going to get solved.
I was at exec at a company about a decade ago who had a similar issue. Flooding in Thailand shutdown factories on the plains outside of Bangkok. Unbeknownst to me this is where the drive heads for disk drives (the old school magnetic drives) where made. I think two companies supplied the entire industry... My company took disk drives and incorporated them into products known as disk arrays, the type of things your bank or government would connect their mainframe to. Each array was typically half a million to a couple of millions. We sold billions of dollars of these each quarter.

The flooding caused 2 quarters without supply due to machinery being destroyed. The first quarter was survived by draining the supply chain and making it empty (taking all working inventory across the entire sky chain including. head guys to disk drive manufacturers to distribution -any part we could find ). We leaned in on all suppliers and got drives. Industry wasn't yet in panic because the last stage in the supply chain wasn't stopped, but we monitored the entire chain which few others did.

Second quarter we took parts out of engineering, research and marketing. Still a bit short but at least we had product to sell to top customers and markets. All my competitors was dead, could not get supply. We had one extra quarter that they didn't because of early actions.

Thank God we didn't squeeze supply chain for margin when they were over supplied and competed on price, my CFO advised me to not squeeze the stone dry for best pricing and instead make sure we had long term supply. Wise words, we got priority when inventory was low.

Ineos may be a bit too young to have developed relationships like this but I think that it you are a manufacturer of goods, and especially if you use just in time supply chain (which most do), then these are things you plan for.
I'm sure that it this happens in a few years it's largely a non issue. These are the types of things you learn from.

Bottom line, I'm sure Ineos will be okay. These things happens.

Last edited:

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
So I did some research, check this out from July 23 2024 from Bloomberg.

The supply shortage is the result of flooding at a production facility of an important European supplier, Porsche said Tuesday, without disclosing the company’s name. The issue has affected aluminum components that are used in all of the brand’s vehicles, and output could be affected by several weeks. Porsche shares declined as much as 7.7% in Frankfurt, the steepest intraday drop since they started trading in September 2022.

Porsche “will certainly be closely questioned over its cluster risk management that has left it so vulnerable to one critical supplier,” Bernstein analysts led by Stephen Reitman said in a note. The company told the analysts that the problems will prevent production of at least 10,000 cars in the second half.

This is a great post to segue in to the “we have no clue” discussion.

I honestly may have been the first one to post that Recaro’s administrative filing would cause issues at Ineos. Soon after, everyone jumped on the exact same bandwagon. They pointed to Recaro as the culprit. Yet there is zero definitive proof that Recaro is the actual problem. For all we know, Ineos has several containers of seats waiting to be installed. After all, most lean manufacturing experts advise that a company should have 30-90 Days On Hand supply of critical components. If that edict were followed, the seat supply should last until December. But again, another guess.

Ineos’ reason to shutdown may be the exact same issue plaguing Porsche. I’ve heard from other sources that INEOS closure was caused by a shortage of a singular piece of windshield trim or film.

The only thing I know for sure is that I read about Recaro’s reorganization in one publication and a day later saw an article that Ineos suspended Grenadier production. I put 2+2 together and, voila! A informed guess was born. But still - a guess.

I wouldn’t bet the farm on any causes or any outcomes.

Back
Top Bottom