The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's this??

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
I think the rear winch purpose, is more for working in the forest, after hunting winch the boar etc. and not self recovery

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
@DCPU, is the link for the owners manual openly accessible? I haven’t been able to find a link from the IG site.

I’d like to take a look but I can’t copy/search the link in your post.

Any chance you could post it?
The link is to the Owner's Manual for the vehicle, not the winch. The sum total of info on the winch in that manual is this:
Screenshot_20230727_185700.jpg

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
I think the rear winch purpose, is more for working in the forest, after hunting winch the boar etc. and not self recovery
Then I would expect the winch on the end of truck bed of the Quartermaster, as it was realized by the Gruma Hunter X-Class and Amarok, for example to get the weight handled.

Just to pull logs etc. in a forest without the support of the winch load it onto the car I would not like to carry this additional weight and all that stuff around. You could turn the car if necessary or throw a box with pulleys in the car if you have to do forest work.

I assume a forest worker with one winch would park the car so that it supports his work, like staying on the track and pull the logs up the slope.

Is a second winch such a desireable thing in that case? I don"t know....maybe...

A Quartermaster with a nice cage and pulleys mounted to the cage and a winch on the truck bed would be a nice solution for serious offroading. You could winch to the sides for inclined sections or to the rear.

AWo

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
I'd tend to agree, makes the wording in the official winch manual hard to understand :
Screenshot_20230729_134738.jpg

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
However, me and others recommended to Ineos not to offer the rear Winch themself. Why? When Ineos offers this Ineos has all the costs (development, homologation, warehouse charges, more complex procedures during the build process to integrate the winch, etc.). These costs are there, even if no one or only a small number of customers buy that option. But all have to pay for it, as these costs are added to the overall price.

That is something you leave for the aftermarket for these reasons. You're simply not responsible for this, reduce costs and complexity but your customers can still use the option, if they like, by buying it in the aftermarket. And not so rarely, the aftermarket find better solutions....

AWo

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
I'd tend to agree, makes the wording in the official winch manual hard to understand :
View attachment 7821688
It's "lawyer speak" in an attempt to absolve Ineos from any liabity resulting from an accident caused by poor winching practices where another vehicle might be involved....

Back
Top Bottom