The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas What's normal protocol when having the factory ordered hitch installed at non-selling dealer?

Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
So I ordered my Grenadier with a hitch receiver. And as everybody is aware Ineos left them off the first delivered vehicles due to some software issue.
I was also supposed to be dealing Kuhn Automotive in the Bay Area, and at that the last minute something changed and they moved my order to Rusnak in Pasadena, CA.
I live in Reno, Nevada.
So my Hitch / Receiver came in to Rusnak and they reached out wanting to schedule the install.
Well the Lyle Pearson Ineos Grenadier dealership in Boise, ID is actually closer to me and does not have LA levels of traffic so I asked Rusnak if they could ship the components up to Boise.
They said no problem and Boise said no problem so I had them ship the parts.

In my mind, this was a factory ordered item and should be treated like a warranty claim, but I just received a message from the Boise dealer asking me if Rusnak was covering the cost or me? Huh?

This normal?

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So I ordered my Grenadier with a hitch receiver. And as everybody is aware Ineos left them off the first delivered vehicles due to some software issue.
I was also supposed to be dealing Kuhn Automotive in the Bay Area, and at that the last minute something changed and they moved my order to Rusnak in Pasadena, CA.
I live in Reno, Nevada.
So my Hitch / Receiver came in to Rusnak and they reached out wanting to schedule the install.
Well the Lyle Pearson Ineos Grenadier dealership in Boise, ID is actually closer to me and does not have LA levels of traffic so I asked Rusnak if they could ship the components up to Boise.
They said no problem and Boise said no problem so I had them ship the parts.

In my mind, this was a factory ordered item and should be treated like a warranty claim, but I just received a message from the Boise dealer asking me if Rusnak was covering the cost or me? Huh?

This normal?

I am in the same boat. This should be covered under warranty irrespective of the Dealer.
Don't proceed unless it is verified by both parties.

Pete Brown

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
Ineos has been providing dealer installed hitches in the US since March 2024. If your initial configuration order specified a factory hitch, the cost of delivery, including vehicle and initially ordered equipment, should be included in the destination charge. It sounds like this should be an internal Ineos/dealer squabble.

Local time
Reaction score
Ok , my thoughts too, just wanted to double check and make sure I wasn’t thinking wrong.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:50 PM
Reaction score
100% this is a free of charge install and reflash; Ineos pays the dealer for the work just like warranty repairs

Local time
Reaction score
Update: Just confirmed they're covering the cost. Phew! And they tell me the new major software update is 60 to 90 days out.

Back
Top Bottom