The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What software version on customer cars?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
The loaner I have had for 4 weeks is a001941, the newest I have seen too date and has very few problems.
I should get mine back next Tuesday afternoon and it has been updated with the latest update as a pre launch trial. As soon as I get home I will post the latest update number.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't the GREN running on DOS - the 95 version?? It would explain a few things...

• Haha
Reactions: PBD

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The loaner I have had for 4 weeks is a001941, the newest I have seen too date and has very few problems.
I should get mine back next Tuesday afternoon and it has been updated with the latest update as a pre launch trial. As soon as I get home I will post the latest update number.
Mine is running 001941 version, built July, 4412 numbered build. It hasn’t yet had any issues. Battery at 85% according to car info.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
Mine is also version 1939. The car needs to go back to fix the aligning from the front wheels. I always have to turn the steer +/- 8° to the left if I want to drive straight forward. I first thought this was due to the play on the steering axles, but a few days later driving it, it was clear that the steer wheel is not correct aligned. So I have an appointment to do this.... but they want to keep the car for a whole day??? 😬😬:eek: So they can check everything, they say. I only had him for tree weeks... Somehow I don't trust it.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So I have an appointment to do this.... but they want to keep the car for a whole day??? 😬😬:eek: So they can check everything, they say.
They should be able to tell you what service actions they have showing on the system against your VIN. It's perhaps completing these tasks, plus building in some flex time around workshop allocation that means they have said all day.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So did you get it back yesterday?
Sorry for late reply, the answer was no, I got it late late Wednesday afternoon and didn't get home until late. All good news and I am going to do a full report on the updates thread now mate. 🖖

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE
Ok all, I got my Trialmaster back late yesterday (Wed 13 Sept) after 4 weeks with Ineos.
Multiple repairs, replacements, alterations and paint jobs, then finally mine is the first customer car anywhere to get the latest update:- SW0000000364001946.
The update has worked, not a single fault or warning to date, screen is slightly different and there are some additional things now available when you scroll through the settings.
The wheels and steering have been set up correctly now, there is very little "play" in the steering and the wheel is almost dead centre, perhaps 1 degree to right.
The car is a pleasure to drive and I only wish it had been delivered like this.
For Steve at Haliwells, I didn't send my spare key in with mine, but I have just tried it and it is fully functional.
To all the Ineos guys who have helped get my car sorted (I know you are watching!) a heart felt thanks.
Happy Trails All.
:) 🖖

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is good news for you and your vehicle.

Version 1946 vs mine at 1941 in a July build suggests IA have been busy and have recognised issues to be fettled. Good.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE
Ok all, I got my Trialmaster back late yesterday (Wed 13 Sept) after 4 weeks with Ineos.
Multiple repairs, replacements, alterations and paint jobs, then finally mine is the first customer car anywhere to get the latest update:- SW0000000364001946.
The update has worked, not a single fault or warning to date, screen is slightly different and there are some additional things now available when you scroll through the settings.
The wheels and steering have been set up correctly now, there is very little "play" in the steering and the wheel is almost dead centre, perhaps 1 degree to right.
For Steve at Haliwells, I didn't send my spare key in with mine, but I have just tried it and it is fully functional.
To all the Ineos guys who have helped get my car sorted (I know you are watching!) a heart felt thanks.
Happy Trails All.
Great news after all the sh..t you've been through at the beginning!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Had a call with my agent today and got an appointment for all (most) of the things that need to be done on my Grenadier.

We also talked about the software update. They have already updated a few cars and it seems to be working fine. The errors seem to have completely disappeared. However, there were a few problems for the agents with the downloads: Some received and used incorrect links and thus simply received the wrong software.

Maybe (my personal idea) the two bricked cars I read about here in the forum are a consequence of this. But that's just a guess.

And: the update takes around two hours and does not run completely unattended. The head unit needs its own update. And it seems that the agents could not buy/lease (I don't know) more than one copy of the necessary equipment , which significantly slows down the updating of dozens of cars. Licensing issues, I suspect.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
A weird thing about the version numbers 1939 and 1946: WW-II started in 1939 and ended in 1945.

So let's hope that 1946 is a good omen. 🙏

WPP

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE
Happy Trails All.
Glad to hear that it finally worked out well.
My dealer did not confirm when I will be able to do the software update yet and they still did not get the correct information from Ineos to align the wheels correctly.
It is a very good exercise to learn to be patient...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
and they still did not get the correct information from Ineos to align the wheels correctly.
What information do they think they actually need?

WPP

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What information do they think they actually need?
They do not have the correct specifications from Ineos for wheel alignment. They got the procedure to center the steering wheel though :rolleyes:.
Well, given that my car was delivered with the steering wheel off center und the car pushing a bit to the left nothing surprises me anymore.

Back
Top Bottom