The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
A minor thing but excellent quality.
The blacksmith trasharoo arrived from Australia.
Aussie rules type of quality - really solid piece of kit!
View attachment 7871594
Blacksmith Camping make quality gear. I have the same rear garbage bag. And Australia has a lot of choices (here is the recent list I compiled):

REAR WHEEL BAGS (STORAGE AND/OR GARBAGE)
  1. AOS Spare Wheel Bin Bag here;
  2. Blacksmith Camping Supplies bags here (4 models);
  3. BOSS Australia Premium Wheel bag here (4 colours);
  4. Bushranger Wheelie Bin here;
  5. CAOS rear tyre bag here (2 models);
  6. Carnaby Canvas PVC Spare Wheel Bag here (3 colours);
  7. Crashpad rear tyre bags here (8 models to choose from);
  8. Destination4WD 42L garbage bag here;
  9. DMW Spare Tyre bag here;
  10. Drifta Stockton Wheel Cover Bag, Drifta Canvas Wheel Cover Bag Firepit and Tred Pocket, Drifta Canvas Wheel Cover Bag Standard and Drifta Pvc Wheel Cover Bag;
  11. MSA4X4 bags here (2 models);
  12. Navigator Wheel Pack/Bin here;
  13. OGS’s The Mongrel Premium rear wheel bag here (2 models, with and without Maxtrax Pouch);
  14. Ozki Trash Spare Wheel Cover here (5 sizes and 4 colours);
  15. PM Canvas Products custom rear wheel bag here;
  16. Trasharoo Bin Bag here (3 colours); and
  17. Underkover Canvas Canopy Rubbish Bin Bag - Sail Track Mounted here (you need a canopy, so QM Cab Chassis only).

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
Blacksmith Camping make quality gear. I have the same rear garbage bag. And Australia has a lot of choices (here is the recent list I compiled):

REAR WHEEL BAGS (STORAGE AND/OR GARBAGE)
  1. AOS Spare Wheel Bin Bag here;
  2. Blacksmith Camping Supplies bags here (4 models);
  3. BOSS Australia Premium Wheel bag here (4 colours);
  4. Bushranger Wheelie Bin here;
  5. CAOS rear tyre bag here (2 models);
  6. Carnaby Canvas PVC Spare Wheel Bag here (3 colours);
  7. Crashpad rear tyre bags here (8 models to choose from);
  8. Destination4WD 42L garbage bag here;
  9. DMW Spare Tyre bag here;
  10. Drifta Stockton Wheel Cover Bag, Drifta Canvas Wheel Cover Bag Firepit and Tred Pocket, Drifta Canvas Wheel Cover Bag Standard and Drifta Pvc Wheel Cover Bag;
  11. MSA4X4 bags here (2 models);
  12. Navigator Wheel Pack/Bin here;
  13. OGS’s The Mongrel Premium rear wheel bag here (2 models, with and without Maxtrax Pouch);
  14. Ozki Trash Spare Wheel Cover here (5 sizes and 4 colours);
  15. PM Canvas Products custom rear wheel bag here;
  16. Trasharoo Bin Bag here (3 colours); and
  17. Underkover Canvas Canopy Rubbish Bin Bag - Sail Track Mounted here (you need a canopy, so QM Cab Chassis only).

As a segway, can I recommend to everyone to pop the little cover from your spare tyre lid and GENTLY try to remove the cover from your spare as soon as you find five minutes to make sure it works.
Before my recent Fraser Island trip I tried to remove my cover so I could lash the maxtrax to spare without damaging it.
The bolt holding the cover threads into a nutsert that is held within a plastic piece (I don’t know the terminology). This is overtightened in the factory so when you go to remove it it just spins around and you can’t temove the bolt. Solution- you have to break / destroy the wheel cover. Fortunately when it just spun I took it to the dealer and they destroyed it and gave me a new cover and mounting.

Had I needed to change a flat tyre in the middle of nowhere I would have had to have destroyed the cover to remove it, which would have been frustrating at a time I would have been annoyed at having to change a tyre, and no ideal.

So, given this is a poor design situation, I’ve decided to leave the plastic cover off permanently, and put an aftermarket wheel bag on the grenny full time.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
Another weekend and some more tinkering...
I added the victron 500A battery monitor shunt. I had left the car with the power switch on and used up a lot of battery from my fridge. Car started but it was at 20%. The monitor is great, gives me prediction of how long my battery will last at current power draw etc.

Also took off my side steps in preparation for my new rock sliders from dissent off-road that is being installed on Friday.

Also cut the rival sk8dplate. I noticed when I took it off that it had made contact in that corner. Super easy to do with a jigsaw and aluminum blade.
I have a lithium secondary battery which I monitor with the victron shunt, it also monitors my start battery which is good seeing as the only way to get a reading without starting the vehicle is to get the multimeter out. I had my start battery tested and at 12.0v it still had over 900CCA which is really surprising.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241001_072720.jpg
    Screenshot_20241001_072720.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom