The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

74CampySuperRecord

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
Looks great! What’s your overall height now with the lift/tires/rack? Fit in a standard 7’ garage?
Unfortunately, it is just over 7’ at roughly 214cm with the Leitner ACS 3/4 rack.

Last edited:

NEKO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
Went bigger on the tires! 285/75R17 BF Goodrich KO2...measures 33.8". Great fit, no rub but have not been on any trails yet to confirm off-road clearance. Still have the stock suspension setup.

Attachments

• IMG_3242.jpeg
    IMG_3242.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3241.jpeg
    IMG_3241.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3245.jpeg
    IMG_3245.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3243.jpeg
    IMG_3243.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 72

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:44 PM
Reaction score
Didn't get as much done as I hoped to do.
Roof rack is installed (bison gear). Looks great. Still need to add the front air deflector.

Rear chase lights are on. They go on with the backup lights via a relay. Still to do, pull the wire up front and wire it into a switch so I can put them on with a switch.

Side lights will be mounted to the roof rack. Took them off the grab bars.

The cell phone booster (weboost) is mostly done. Need to route the antenna cable for the cabin antenna to the driver area. Plan to mount it just right of the ignition on the console side. Should be about 8" from my cell.

Installed bulletpoint cell phone, gmrs mic and nav holder on a bar just below the screen.. Turned out better than I could hope for.

1000032122.jpg

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spent all day today installing my bison gear 3/4 roof rack and weboost cell phone booster.
I measured the booster once installed and it's very sensitive to interior antenna placement. I got a great location but I find that my passengers are getting somewhat limited help due to placement. Quite a bit of improvement.

Interior antenna is right next to the right stalk on the steering wheel. Exterior antenna in next pic.
1000032261.jpg

Antenna mounted on the roof rack.

1000032267.jpg

Got a freezer/fridge too.

1000032264.jpg
Next up is my light bar.

Attachments

• 1000032263.jpg
    1000032263.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 47

K2grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spent all day today installing my bison gear 3/4 roof rack and weboost cell phone booster.
I measured the booster once installed and it's very sensitive to interior antenna placement. I got a great location but I find that my passengers are getting somewhat limited help due to placement. Quite a bit of improvement.

Interior antenna is right next to the right stalk on the steering wheel. Exterior antenna in next pic.
Nice setup parb! I ordered the Bison Gear exterior side panels and am planning to mount my jerry cans on them just like you did. I also have plans to install a cell phone booster down the line. Question...how tall is your Grenny with the 3/4 Bison Gear roof rack? I am trying to figure out if I can put a roof rack on and still park the Grenny in my garage.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's touch and go. I haven't measured my grenadier but the top part is the cell phone booster when folded and it's just about at the height where my garage is at. I don't think I can park in my standard 7' garage. 7.5' no problem.
My office is 8 feet on the first floor, should be fine.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:44 PM
Reaction score
So today I drove from home, Toogoom, up to Mackay for work.
Stopped at a public toilet on the way and when I got back to my Grenadier there was a guy standing looking at it.
He was excited to see it.
Used to drive a Defender 6wd Perenti Defender and a Unimog.
Now has a Landcruiser, which he finds boring.
Loves the Grenadier.

Further down the highway I had a Police Highway Patrol unit in front of me then they pulled over and came up behind me for 20 minutes.
We made it to the town of Sarina and they pulled up at traffic lights and dropped the window.
They wanted to know what it was as they had never heard of it and had to google it.
I pulled over and they spent the next 20 minutes looking over it, taking pictures and asking questions.
They absolutely loved it, shook my hand and warned me about some speed traps up ahead

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
So today I drove from home, Toogoom, up to Mackay for work.
Stopped at a public toilet on the way and when I got back to my Grenadier there was a guy standing looking at it.
He was excited to see it.
Used to drive a Defender 6wd Perenti Defender and a Unimog.
Now has a Landcruiser, which he finds boring.
Loves the Grenadier.

Further down the highway I had a Police Highway Patrol unit in front of me then they pulled over and came up behind me for 20 minutes.
We made it to the town of Sarina and they pulled up at traffic lights and dropped the window.
They wanted to know what it was as they had never heard of it and had to google it.
I pulled over and they spent the next 20 minutes looking over it, taking pictures and asking questions.
They absolutely loved it, shook my hand and warned me about some speed traps up ahead
Had a conversation with a tradie this afternoon in the hardware supplies carpark, was looking at it and was really interested and had heard and read lots about it, I said jump in and let's go for a spin, he loved it, said it would blow the doors off his Prado 😆

Back
Top Bottom