The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
Looks smart, @Jeffrey Pretty good weight-bearing ability on those d-ring mounts? e.g. sheer strength?

I'm thinking of making a rear load shelf across the entire back at approximately that height, just below the windows.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Looks smart, @Jeffrey Pretty good weight-bearing ability on those d-ring mounts? e.g. sheer strength?

I'm thinking of making a rear load shelf across the entire back at approximately that height, just below the windows.
The original Drings are secured with substantial 8mm Torx bolts into the threaded stud on the vehicle chassis. That's why I used them. I wouldn't hang a motorcycle from them but for interior uses and stabilization of gear, they will serve you well.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I put on an accessory rail for my cell phone, radio and gps. Using regular ram heads and ram mounts. Really stable.

I actually got the blue owl mount first but I did not like that mount. Can't put my finger on why not but I really didn't care for it.

I'll know in a couple of weeks if I like this or not...

1000031396.jpg

1000031397.jpg

74CampySuperRecord

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
I put on an accessory rail for my cell phone, radio and gps. Using regular ram heads and ram mounts. Really stable.

I actually got the blue owl mount first but I did not like that mount. Can't put my finger on why not but I really didn't care for it.

I'll know in a couple of weeks if I like this or not...

View attachment 7863041

View attachment 7863043

I went with Custom Molle Panels/ Steel Crest.

I am configuring it. It is clean and looks good.

Who made yours?

Attachments

• IMG_4471.jpeg
    IMG_4471.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Started to wash the vehicle with the pressure washer, giving it a power rinse first to get the dust off. Then whilst washing it found the rear drivers side window open. 🤨 Dehumidifier (in laundry mode) now on in the rear boot.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:42 AM
Reaction score
Started to wash the vehicle with the pressure washer, giving it a power rinse first to get the dust off. Then whilst washing it found the rear drivers side window open. 🤨 Dehumidifier (in laundry mode) now on in the rear boot.
Been there. Once watched in slow motion as my DII - with both sunroofs open - moved along the car wash path. What an effing mess that was!

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
My Grenadier has had a day and a half with the dealer, (Chandlers of Belton), picking up some warranty snags, nothing major, but it will have to go back for an outer door seal, (the only one not already changed).

Jason, the After-Sales Manager says that someone who would normally have to go to Jardines in Colchester is bringing his Grenadier North and for the cost of a Jardine's service, is having his Grenadier serviced and treating himself and his wife to a night at Belton Grange and a tour of South Lincolnshire. Excellent plan!

May I humbly suggest they get Historic House membership and visit Grimesthorpe Castle, Belvoir Castle and Burghley House too. https://www.historichouses.org/join/, although they'll struggle to fit it all in. It gives them an excuse to come back again!

(Fun fact, I worked at the Colchester site back in the early '80s, when it was Lancasters, mainly PDIs on Porsche and Ferraris).

Last edited:

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Decided to put on the pre cleaner. I'll use it for when I'm up in the black rock desert in eastern Nevada, also known as dust heaven... Just wanted to drive with it at home to make sure there are no issues with it.
PXL_20240711_153613360.jpg

Reactions: IGL

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Been out this evening marshalling / acting as a mobile road block for a local 6 mile race, the Whissendine 6ix. 300 runners around an undulating course where finishers and marshalls get a bottle of beer from the sponsor and a fancy glass.

Just the usual bolshie / unobservant / ignorant motorists and flat-earthers mouthing off about obstructing the King's Highway. Well you can - it's called a Temporary Highway Order, and to breach it is a road traffic offence. There's one motorist who is likely to be getting a NIP for being an impatient moron on various dash cams.

(For a certain someone, NIP = Notice of Intended Prosecution, a precursor for a trip to traffic court.)

LR4x4R Whissendine 6 - 1.jpeg

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom