The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
I was told by my doctor, "at your age if you have prostrate cancer - You will die with prostrate cancer, not because of it.
At your age that's true.
But if your dad had cancer in his 40s or 50s you may have inherited the gene for aggressive cancer, so get tested anyone in this situation.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was told by my doctor, "at your age if you have prostrate cancer - You will die with prostrate cancer, not because of it.
Yes we hear this a lot but....😶 guess it's all relative to ones circumstance. Had a Gleason of 9 age 59... option was do nothing and gave me around 2 yrs (not really an option) or radical prostatectomy. Into my 4th clear year 🥳 and hoping not to die with it.. 😀 more time with the Grenny...... and family of course.. 😉 Here's a suggestion blokes... start getting checked at 40.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At your age that's true.
But if your dad had cancer in his 40s or 50s you may have inherited the gene for aggressive cancer, so get tested anyone in this situation.
Agree. That advice is basically for the PSA blood test. And yes if you are relatively young and without history of aggressive cancer in the family it probably isn’t a useful test. But as you get older or with history definitely worth knowing.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I bought a GME Uhf unit in the long weekend sale. Then I investigated the antenna cable routing. As I have the sunroof the only firewall option is the big big cable grommet, which I have slit pending the install tomorrow when I pick the unit up.
Meanwhile the sun was setting 😊20240128_202147.jpg20240128_205036.jpg20240128_205339.jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
I now have 1000 miles on the odo. First time towing a heavy load, did a 75 mile round trip towing 2.5T trailer load. No problem towing but what was interesting for me was when I got back I got the first DPF burn. Which did surprise me after a long towing trip. Fortunately I live quite remote therefore I didn't surprise the neighbours. Also when I stopped the battery was 80% but after the burn it had dropped to 73%, (single battery) obviously those fans take some power. But a few minutes of driving brought the battery back up again. I've noticed the smart alternator tries to keep the battery at 80% unless it is a really long trip. I thought keeping a battery at 80% charge only applied to lithium batteries and not AGM, and other lead acid types.

Reactions: Max

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think the gauge SOC figure is a bit of a guess. Measure voltage at the battery terminal.
Main thing is to observe trends.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
I think the gauge SOC figure is a bit of a guess. Measure voltage at the battery terminal.
Main thing is to observe trends.
Fortunately for me the installed tracker monitors the battery terminals and talks to my phone twice a day. A heathy 13.2v when I parked up.
Incidentally I'm very impressed with the tracker (apart from identifying which bay I'm parked in at the supermarket car park) it lets my phone act as a dongle - so if I don't have my phone with me, it doesn't recognise the driver, and it will send an alert in case the vehicle is stolen. There is a physical dongle as well you can carry in your pocket if needs be instead.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:37 PM
Reaction score
Late yesterday afternoon I drove mine from the dealer home for the first time! Pics to come later as today it is raining and will be snowing at some point.

I will be taking it out soon for a drive around town before it really starts to snow (I am fine w/the grenadier in the snow it's the other moron drivers on the road I don't trust 😆)

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I finished the installation of my GME XRS touring pack UHF. I ran the aerial cable (protected with conduit and ziptied so the bonnet latch can't catch it)up under the headlight, along the fender and through the large soft cable grommet, using a grab tool operated by my wife.
Velcroed the little radio to the metal panel under the dash after removing the trim under the glovebox.
Installed the GME pass through adapter outlet underneath that trim piece ( cut a hole).
Power from the footwell into a dual cig lighter socket/ dual usb socket.
Used the GME 50mm bullbar mount but had to enlarge the lower holes so allow the bolts to pass through. The bullbar is 50mm but you really need 55-60mm bracket.
I haven't decided where to mount the speaker yet.20240129_205255.jpg

Last edited:

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got my "Global Grenadier medallions" today, after some difficulties with Belgian customs :mad:
View attachment 7841613
And some other unexpected stuff, very nice 😍

Mine were posted in Los Angeles on 12 Jan - arrived in Brisbane 8 days later(via Sydney) on 20 Jan and were supposedly in transit to my local Post Office on 20 Jan. The local Post Office is only 54 kms from Brisbane and I am still waiting 9 days later! 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom