The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
Gutter maintenance, The corners accumulate stuff , esp if you park outside and have little spiders.
Front rubber trim no problem. Rear trim ; well you will want to hold the rear piece in with one hand whilst prying the corner bit enough to clean. That rear trim piece is held on with a little white plastic clip which pops out of the rubber and gets stuck inro the panel side. It is a PITA to remove and then replace into the rubber, believe me. And there is another one beyond that.
I didn't want to risk breaking this delicate plug either, so I trod carefully.
If you experience salty conditions , you probably don't want salty grunge collecting in these areas, so preventative maintenance is wise.
I used some spider surface spray after cleaning.View attachment 7841835View attachment 7841836

Don’t know if you saw my post https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...footwell-rhd-vehicle.12412515/post-1333204581 - the problem was with the front ones on mine - good idea keeping a regular eye on these, and I agree with you on PITA rear trim clips.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t know if you saw my post https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...footwell-rhd-vehicle.12412515/post-1333204581 - the problem was with the front ones on mine - good idea keeping a regular eye on these, and I agree with you on PITA rear trim clips.
I did the front ones shortly after I installed my roof rack. Because I live near/under trees I'm cautious about accumulated grunge as I've seen too much rust in older cars. Especially those driven on / near beaches where the sand colelcts with all the other crap.
Anyway I see cleaning the gutters as a biannual job as is the case for my roof gutters in a bushfrire prone area.
Takes 15 minutes max for the car ones , not 1/2 day!

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I made up a NATO Plug to 175A Anderson Plug, mainly to use with my ARB Twin Compressor. I changed the Compressor Leads from battery clamps to a 175A Anderson Plug. I will probably make a short Anderson Plug to Battery Clamp lead as well to ensure total adaptability.
Fits well in the case ready for action.IMG_6709.jpegIMG_6710.jpegIMG_6710.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
Today I made up a NATO Plug to 175A Anderson Plug, mainly to use with my ARB Twin Compressor. I changed the Compressor Leads from battery clamps to a 175A Anderson Plug. I will probably make a short Anderson Plug to Battery Clamp lead as well to ensure total adaptability.
Fits well in the case ready for action.View attachment 7842212View attachment 7842214View attachment 7842214
I think this is my game plan too. It's the only use I'll legitimately have for the NATO socket and it allows me to bring the compressor only when necessary.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Been out volunteering for Leicestershire & Rutland 4x4 Response this morning after an infrastruture incident earlier in the week.
Tasked by Leicestershire Resilience Forum, two teams of volunteers were out, distributing heaters, hotplates, blankets, socks and draught excluders to those that needed them.

You can get quite a lot of stuff in the back of the Grenadier.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
I got my Grenadier back from Clear Choice Design in Tucson. I got a window protection film, paint protection film, door sill protection and ladder rung non-skid 20240201_100305.jpgwith a stick on bed liner, orange nose and door vinyl wrap like IA was offering originally and ceramic coat on the rest. The vinyl was patterned after the model Grenadier I bought last year.

20240201_100144.jpg20240201_100320.jpg20240201_100208.jpg

Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
I got my Grenadier back from Clear Choice Design in Tucson. I got a window protection film, paint protection film, door sill protection and ladder rung non-skid with a stick on bed liner, orange nose and door vinyl wrap like IA was offering originally and ceramic coat on the rest. The vinyl was patterned after the model Grenadier I bought last year.

Looks great - just like one of the prototypes!

Grenadier_26.jpg

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got my Grenadier back from Clear Choice Design in Tucson. I got a window protection film, paint protection film, door sill protection and ladder rung non-skid View attachment 7842295with a stick on bed liner, orange nose and door vinyl wrap like IA was offering originally and ceramic coat on the rest. The vinyl was patterned after the model Grenadier I bought last year.

View attachment 7842292View attachment 7842293View attachment 7842294
Your rig looks totally awesome. Well done. PPF with ceramic on top is the dogs bollocks / full monty.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Reset my tire pressure 36F/41R and replaced the plastic valve caps with real ones - chromed-brass and silicone washer.

Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score
Anza Borrego-California Dealer Event 1/27/2024
View attachment 7841840
Hallo Lars, it looks like a salt pan! Why on earth are people going deliberately with their precious vehicles on or trough salt pans? There will be lots of fine salt dust, which is going into every crack, opening of the vehicle! I know this from my own driving over many thousend km in different cars in places in North Amerika and southern Africa.
Salt is to my knowledge the most damaging substance for every car. As soon as moisture meets salt, a salty solution is formed, that creeps in every tiny crevice and corrosion starts!
If you love your car, never go under salty conditions! My Defender will never get salt, if possible. In Walfishbay, Namibia, I turned my Defender round, because in front of us was a long stretch trough salty water to get to a colony of sea lions and flamingos.
Greetings Hans!

Back
Top Bottom