The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
Mine's getting the bushwrapz on Tuesday and I can guarantee they won't have seen a Grenadier in the flesh. They certainly have a presence.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
More snaps from in the forest.

re-pollarding blocks of hornbeam in an ancient woodland.

The Grenadier has been our site run around all week. What a fantastic machine for the job. It effortlessly dealt with the wet muddy conditions, pulling a trailer of excavator attachments in when an L322 range rover failed to do so. Off-road mode is a godsend, not worrying about seatbelt bongs and sensors when traversing through the woods.

We used the Drawer system from Buzz Overland to keep all out first aid kits and saw maintenance equipment in easy reach, while putting all the climbing kits and saws on-top.

Everyone who rode in the Gren was super impressed. Got it cleaned today inside and out, and what was a functional, dirty, tool filled workhorse is once again my smart, tidy, comfortable family car...

To say I'm over the moon with this vehicle would be a tremendous understatement. 20231110_144632.jpg20231109_094521.jpg20231109_095618.jpgwork drawers.jpg

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
Today I had an appointment with my wrapper company. Wait for an offer.
Some guy from a next door company selling seeds and plant walked close.. He was asking „never seen this vehicle before looks like a hefty modified Defender is this a new defender?“ The lady owning the wrapping company was giggling and said. OMG JLR left the path of providing such vehicles.. This is an Ineos and for me its the first one in reality. I would not use one but yes that to a proper offroader and it has more Mercedes genes than Defender. Whow he said.. As he asked for the price, reasonable but beyond his budget. The lady owning & doing the wrapping owns a large Mercedes Van because she owns 3 Swiss white shepherd female dogs.. The grenadier will by be one of the cheaper vehicles she is usually wrapping. The car will be wrapped in April full schedule til then.
What the design of the wrap?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Every year the volunteers of the Leicestershire & Rutland 4x4 Response do the road marshalling of the Remembrance parades around North West Leicestershire. I was involved in the Castle Donington and Whitwick parades, each time as the vehicle at the back, protecting the parade from errant motorists from the rear and being a mobile road closed barrier.

Before the Castle Donington event, about 10:15AM; not too many years ago, 4x4 Response members would have a preponderance of scruffy LR D1 and D2s, today we had a Grenadier, 2 x Ford Rangers, a LR Freelander 1, Hyundai Santa Fe and a Skoda Yeti.
LR4x4 Remembrance Day 2023 - 2.jpeg

The Rangers were used to block roads - long enough to make it easy! This picture is down the hill around the War Memorial in the centre of Castle Donington; the Santa Fe is off to the right and led the parade. I was at the back and am now placed to cover while the service is on and the wreaths laid, (the orange beacon and haxard lights are on, but my phone camera has missed them).

LR4x4 Remembrance Day 2023 - 4.jpeg

The second parade of the day was in Whitwick and again I was "Tail-end Charlie". There was a little excitement when a BMW i3 evaded the first two road closures and looked to drive around my Grenadier, (impatient morons always seem to drive BMWs). Wiser counsels prevailed and they turned around.

LR4x4 Remembrance Day 2023 - 1.jpeg

Other than a few muppets like the i3 driver, all of the parades around North West Leicestershire passed without serious incident.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
What did you use? And has it been absorbed, or is the wheel feeling greasy?
Neutral Dubbin. It's been a friend to my leather goods for 50 years :giggle:
I left it on a few minutes and polished it off. Not greasy at all.
Being new leather it won't be absorbed much.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
Every year the volunteers of the Leicestershire & Rutland 4x4 Response do the road marshalling of the Remembrance parades around North West Leicestershire. I was involved in the Castle Donington and Whitwick parades, each time as the vehicle at the back, protecting the parade from errant motorists from the rear and being a mobile road closed barrier.

Before the Castle Donington event, about 10:15AM; not too many years ago, 4x4 Response members would have a preponderance of scruffy LR D1 and D2s, today we had a Grenadier, 2 x Ford Rangers, a LR Freelander 1, Hyundai Santa Fe and a Skoda Yeti.
View attachment 7832478

The Rangers were used to block roads - long enough to make it easy! This picture is down the hill around the War Memorial in the centre of Castle Donington; the Santa Fe is off to the right and led the parade. I was at the back and am now placed to cover while the service is on and the wreaths laid, (the orange beacon and haxard lights are on, but my phone camera has missed them).

View attachment 7832476

The second parade of the day was in Whitwick and again I was "Tail-end Charlie". There was a little excitement when a BMW i3 evaded the first two road closures and looked to drive around my Grenadier, (impatient morons always seem to drive BMWs). Wiser counsels prevailed and they turned around.

View attachment 7832479

Other than a few muppets like the i3 driver, all of the parades around North West Leicestershire passed without serious incident.
Massage Centre?
Some days ago, interpreting job:
Policeman: "your job?"
Woman: "massage"
Policeman: "why did we find condoms in your stuff?"

OK, ... the rest of the conversation is confidential :unsure: ;) :devilish:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Massage Centre?
Some days ago, interpreting job:
Policeman: "your job?"
Woman: "massage"
Policeman: "why did we find condoms in your stuff?"

OK, ... the rest of the conversation is confidential :unsure: ;) :devilish:
happy ending and no charges pressed!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m still awaiting my software update and have learnt to ignore the various alerts and failures that flash up. On Friday I had a TPMS error, which is a new one. Checked the pressures and they all checked out apart from the offside front which was 2psi below the rest. I put this down to the recent cold weather which can make the monitor throw out errors until it’s used to the ambient temperature drop.

put up with the TPMS error on Saturday and today.. It turns out that the system wasn’t in error at all, it was actually alerting me to a genuine pressure drop. Got a screw right in the middle of the tread pattern which I only picked up because it was wet and i could hear is seeping air as I’d locked it up..

well done Grenny and now I’ll be effecting a tyre swap for real in the morning.. I should add that software update is booked for the 20th of the month..

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Beautiful weekend in Tuscany (Chianti Classisco - Siena - Montalcino - Pienza) on the Eroica trail (250km on gravel roads)
First day morning I did hit a piece of sharp plastic on tarmac with a result of a sharp cut in the Dueler - deflation within three seconds. While mounting the wheel I crushed the tool :)
The rest went very smooth in this beautiful landscapeFullSizeRender.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2831.jpeg
    IMG_2831.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2834.jpeg
    IMG_2834.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2843.jpeg
    IMG_2843.jpeg
    329 KB · Views: 85
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2866.jpeg
    IMG_2866.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2827.jpeg
    IMG_2827.jpeg
    265.4 KB · Views: 105

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Beautiful weekend in Tuscany (Chianti Classisco - Siena - Montalcino - Pienza) on the Eroica trail (250km on gravel roads)
First day morning I did hit a piece of sharp plastic on tarmac with a result of a sharp cut in the Dueler - deflation within three seconds. While mounting the wheel I crushed the tool :)
The rest went very smooth in this beautiful landscapeView attachment 7832517
It is a very beautifully region, and good food! I didn't know there was an "Eroica trail", will have to look that up :)

Back
Top Bottom