The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:17 PM
Reaction score
No, that was my major fear. and its under the rack so my other fear was cutting the forward beam with the roof line. But it's perfect,.
There is no light wash into the Safari windows and the beam lights up the road ahead of the vehicle within the range of the normal lights.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fitted an Ultimate9 50" light bar over the weekend on the Front Runner3/4 roof rack (space is running out now)

Between the with the solar panel asking up the right hand front quadrant, the awning left side, the high lift jack and fold down mount for the UHF 2.2dB aerial when I move it from my jeep next week and the shovel holder on the back, the double jerry can holder and the maxtrax it's getting busy leaving one spot left for the 6th wheel or the swag

And with caravan tow-test with the 3-3.5 tonne van 150kg bar weight as hooked up (normally run about 180kg) (It's a Retreat ERV - all electric van very heavy round the twin axel wheel base with the battery pack, airbag suspension and air cylinder, water tanks and 12" disk breaks and hydraulics fir that) on a DO45 hitch
What towbar tongue/shank/receiver are you using there? Can you share some photos too.

Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
No, that was my major fear. and its under the rack so my other fear was cutting the forward beam with the roof line. But it's perfect,.
There is no light wash into the Safari windows and the beam lights up the road ahead of the vehicle within the range of the normal lights.
Thanks Douggie

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fitted an Ultimate9 50" light bar over the weekend on the Front Runner3/4 roof rack (space is running out now)

Between the with the solar panel asking up the right hand front quadrant, the awning left side, the high lift jack and fold down mount for the UHF 2.2dB aerial when I move it from my jeep next week and the shovel holder on the back, the double jerry can holder and the maxtrax it's getting busy leaving one spot left for the 6th wheel or the swag

And with caravan tow-test with the 3-3.5 tonne van 150kg bar weight as hooked up (normally run about 180kg) (It's a Retreat ERV - all electric van very heavy round the twin axel wheel base with the battery pack, airbag suspension and air cylinder, water tanks and 12" disk breaks and hydraulics fir that) on a DO45 hitch
How's your GVM going with van attached? I'm very close with van and a set of drawers will just about reach GVM for me. Can recommend Cruisemaster in Brisbane for weighing, great service and right price.

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How's your GVM going with van attached? I'm very close with van and a set of drawers will just about reach GVM for me. Can recommend Cruisemaster in Brisbane for weighing, great service and right price.
GVM is good so far, well clear, towing and not towing... but I am watching it like a hawk.

My prev tow vehicle was a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L diesel with Sunroof, ARB bar, winch underbody armour, and to meet GVM/GCM with the current Van involved removing the back seats when expecting to use the extended range tank from LRA with 75L fuel.

I have a Hayman Reese tow ball weight scale but I also have unit to drive over (Reich Caravan Weight Control Orange 1500kg per wheel, measures 4WD or Caravan wheel by wheel - it's quoted to be within 3% but I note that my unit measures slightly higher than a precision weigh bridge like Pedders tow measure service), however it does get me wheel by wheel breakdowns.

I also use a freebie service (closer than Crusiemaster in Brendale, further than Pedders at Enogerra, and open at the weekends) - I go to the Upper Kedron Recycle centre and throw some cardboard to recycle in the back and use that to check my current vehicle weight with Fuel and Passengers noted. (Weigh in and out, down to nearest 10kg accuracy, and they calibrate real carefully so they can do a differential for charging for rubbish at their various control points). Last measure on Grenadier with roof rack before putting anything on it was 3.04t with 3/4 Fuel and two passengers.

So my next trip is next week with the Dometic CFX3 55 Fridge in the back and all the roof kit, two passengers and the empty jerry cans and full fuel (and air compressor and recovery bag and tools), and a thin sheet of polystyrene to recycle.

My coming wheel change tyres will go up but rims are a fraction lighter so net weight change ~0kg. I still have to move the radios (UHF and HF) over.
There is not going to be a lot spare but the van runs at a stable 180kg lowball weight (I am going to budget for 200kg) note: it's real centre low heavy round the twin axles and has levelling airbags. Plus 36kg Diesel to allow in the jerry cans.

Still allows for extra 100kg of luggage or things when towing (and more when not). I'll post my list of accessories and total weight round the end of next week.
BTW: I weigh all the pieces and run a spreadsheet.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
GVM is good so far, well clear, towing and not towing... but I am watching it like a hawk.

My prev tow vehicle was a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0L diesel with Sunroof, ARB bar, winch underbody armour, and to meet GVM/GCM with the current Van involved removing the back seats when expecting to use the extended range tank from LRA with 75L fuel.

I have a Hayman Reese tow ball weight scale but I also have unit to drive over (Reich Caravan Weight Control Orange 1500kg per wheel, measures 4WD or Caravan wheel by wheel - it's quoted to be within 3% but I note that my unit measures slightly higher than a precision weigh bridge like Pedders tow measure service), however it does get me wheel by wheel breakdowns.

I also use a freebie service (closer than Crusiemaster in Brendale, further than Pedders at Enogerra, and open at the weekends) - I go to the Upper Kedron Recycle centre and throw some cardboard to recycle in the back and use that to check my current vehicle weight with Fuel and Passengers noted. (Weigh in and out, down to nearest 10kg accuracy, and they calibrate real carefully so they can do a differential for charging for rubbish at their various control points). Last measure on Grenadier with roof rack before putting anything on it was 3.04t with 3/4 Fuel and two passengers.

So my next trip is next week with the Dometic CFX3 55 Fridge in the back and all the roof kit, two passengers and the empty jerry cans and full fuel (and air compressor and recovery bag and tools), and a thin sheet of polystyrene to recycle.

My coming wheel change tyres will go up but rims are a fraction lighter so net weight change ~0kg. I still have to move the radios (UHF and HF) over.
There is not going to be a lot spare but the van runs at a stable 180kg lowball weight (I am going to budget for 200kg) note: it's real centre low heavy round the twin axles and has levelling airbags. Plus 36kg Diesel to allow in the jerry cans.

Still allows for extra 100kg of luggage or things when towing (and more when not). I'll post my list of accessories and total weight round the end of next week.
BTW: I weigh all the pieces and run a spreadsheet.
Great thanks, had mine weighed as I travel - has bar, winch, 35l fridge, tools, 266kg on the ball and 2 of us. I have 52kg GVM to spare. I'm yet to fit drawers for the tools but expect circa 45kgs. I also have a clevershade awning I'm yet to fit and undecided on what brackets to use for this - no rush.

May go with some form of Blacksheep small/half platform or Rhino crossbars but with the drawers, awning and towball download, GVM will be a tad over so looks like I'll be going without the awning if I'm also towing - unless a small in service GVM upgrade under 10% can be found?? Still plenty of load in the axles available as are 17" alloys and tyres capable. Anyone out there by chance?

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What towbar tongue/shank/receiver are you using there? Can you share some photos too.
Its the Gen-Y Boss Torsion Flex 4500kg (American company) .... had a Hayman Reese WDH on previous vehicle and noise/ride effects from the tow was pretty ordinary, this articulated coupling makes it hard for me to know I'm towing a near 3.5 tonne van (and while the Jeep GC required WDH for anything over 2286kgs, and the Grenadier does not and the WDH bars invalidate the whole point of having an offroad coupling).

However aI am still looking to support the rear of the Grenadier with airbag inside the coil and need a lift to knock the tow hitch point down one level and be able to open the rear gate fully.

There is a lighter version for a DO35 (single joint) hitch but I have a DO45 hitch on the caravan to keep it to its chassis spec of 4.4t in case I on-sell it

IMG_2492.jpgIMG_2487.jpg

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Door challenge (even when I turned the tongue over): (lifted the hand brake and that got me a little farther close to 45 degrees open) then hit the van frame
And then hitch (Cruisemaster DO45) can touch the tongue on a tight turn - like the U-turn in this street to get the photos (bad juju) but only a small love bite nothing wrecked. Must turn tongue back to the top like prev photo, and get a lift at the back - the off-road van requires 600mm plus tow hitch !

IMG_2581.jpg

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Took my Rhino Rack off yesterday. Jeepers, it weighs a ton :eek: 4-man job if ever there was one.
Don't need it 'til camping season next year. Also, ordered M&M covers :love:
Loving this drive;)

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
Today I had an appointment with my wrapper company. Wait for an offer.
Some guy from a next door company selling seeds and plant walked close.. He was asking „never seen this vehicle before looks like a hefty modified Defender is this a new defender?“ The lady owning the wrapping company was giggling and said. OMG JLR left the path of providing such vehicles.. This is an Ineos and for me its the first one in reality. I would not use one but yes that to a proper offroader and it has more Mercedes genes than Defender. Whow he said.. As he asked for the price, reasonable but beyond his budget. The lady owning & doing the wrapping owns a large Mercedes Van because she owns 3 Swiss white shepherd female dogs.. The grenadier will by be one of the cheaper vehicles she is usually wrapping. The car will be wrapped in April full schedule til then.

Back
Top Bottom