The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
In what universe does a car manufacturer attaching their hood emblem with double sided tape (low quality at that) instead of glue or similar make sense??
Wash your car by hand with a sponge, that's a more lovely way to treat your Grenadier 😉, and the emblem will stay in place 😀

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
Wash your car by hand with a sponge, that's a more lovely way to treat your Grenadier 😉, and the emblem will stay in place 😀
But then you'll scratch your lovely paint work with that grit that has stuck to all the panels. I hand wash my cars 🚗 loving ❤️ with with a sponge 🧽 after I have removed the mud and grit with a pressure washer ( and foam if need be).

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:28 PM
Reaction score
The bonnet decal of any vehicle should be a display to the world of its qualities. I have not used a pressure washer on mine, nor has it been through any automated wash. It is just a poor method of assembly, NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE you could say! 🤔

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
Got the Final version of the Slide Floor / Tray System installed today, the only thing left is the Front Door and Locks to keep everything a bit more secured

I live the top, I wend back and forth to have red/black or Tan / Black. I am so happy I went this direction

Getting a bunch more stuff installed tomorrow. WAHOOOOOOOO. !!!!Grenadier Slide Tray84.jpg

Attachments

• Grenadier Slide Tray83.jpg
    Grenadier Slide Tray83.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
  • Grenadier Slide Tray86.jpg
    Grenadier Slide Tray86.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 70

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Went to my dealer to pick up my new rear left lamp that I broke like one month after getting my car .
The lamp, after filling the hole and putting some helicopter tape on the crack, was still OK to drive with it, but bit by bit I got the problem that my rear left red low beam light sometimes only begun to work after several kms driving.

This will cost me about 570 euro.
Strange that the reference on the bag is different from the reference on the lamp itself:
20240220_114436.jpg20240220_121102.jpg

Indeed, the reference on the lamp is:
EI-0000009138
(JOKON 10.34000.000)
image001.png
And on the bag:
GRA-9B20-010590

When you know how to do it, it is bout half an hour work to replace the lamp.

Then I drove home and had to take gasoline (petrol).
About 10 km before reaching home and a nearby petrol station, my petrol stripes were gone (zero). Not the first time I drive like that, and I was not worried.
20240220_112919.jpg

But, I didn't expect, but I broke my "emptiness record": I filled it with 91.87 liters of petrol :eek: . (previous record was 90.94 liters).
I forgot to take a picture at the gasoline station, but for those who would doubt about my sayings, I have the ticket of the purchase:
20240220_133217.jpg

As usual, I only fill till the moment the "gasoline pistol" goes off! Not more! :cool:

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Went to my dealer to pick up my new rear left lamp that I broke like one month after getting my car .
The lamp, after filling the hole and putting some helicopter tape on the crack, was still OK to drive with it, but bit by bit I got the problem that my rear left red low beam light sometimes only begun to work after several kms driving.

Strange that the reference on the bag is different from the reference on the lamp itself:
View attachment 7844703View attachment 7844704

EI-0000009138
(JOKON 10.34000.000)
View attachment 7844706
And on the bag:
GRA-9B20-010590

About 10 km before reaching home and a nearby petrol station, my petrol stripes were gone (zeo). Not the first time I drive like that, and I was not worried.
View attachment 7844709

But, I didn't expect, but I broke my "emptiness record": I filled it with 91.87 liters of petrol :eek: . (previous record was 90.94 liters).
I forgot to take a picture at the gasoline station, but for those who would doubt about my sayings, I have the ticket of the purchase:
View attachment 7844710

As usual, I only fill till the moment the "gasoline pistol" goes off! Not more! :cool:
Na, the plastic bag has its own reference number cos it will have its own price included in the total purchase price - Ineos parts strategy ;)

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

EI-0000009138
(JOKON 10.34000.000)
View attachment 7844706
And on the bag:
GRA-9B20-010590

About 10 km before reaching home and a nearby petrol station, my petrol stripes were gone (zeo). Not the first time I drive like that, and I was not worried.
View attachment 7844709

View attachment 7844710

Jean, I guess I got you wrong or do they really make you pay 570 Euro just for one lamp in the back? 😳

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

EI-0000009138
(JOKON 10.34000.000)
View attachment 7844706
And on the bag:
GRA-9B20-010590

View attachment 7844709

View attachment 7844710

my goodness Jean that previous record was strong, this one at 91.87 is likely to stand for a while!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Jean, I guess I got you wrong or do they really make you pay 570 Euro just for one lamp in the back? 😳
No, that's the price. I even informed in Hungary, and the price excluded VAT, was the same as the Belgian price excluded VAT. Very expensive indeed, but perhaps because "made in Germany " ? ;-)

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, that's the price. I even informed in Hungary, and the price excluded VAT, was the same as the Belgian price excluded VAT. Very expensive indeed, but perhaps because "made in Germany " ? ;-)
For that price it should be indestructible…..and built in Germany 😂😂👍🏻

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score

EI-0000009138
(JOKON 10.34000.000)
View attachment 7844706
And on the bag:
GRA-9B20-010590

View attachment 7844709

View attachment 7844710

Hi Jean, Just be glad it was not a new headlight for a New Defender. The LED daylight running portion on mine when out about a year ago. You would think that they could just order and plug in a LED strip. No, the whole headlight had to be replaced. Took 6 months to get it. Replaced under warranty. Two days , the other side goes out. Ordered and another 3-4 months go buy. Replaced under warranty. Dealer said it's a good thing it's under warranty. I asked why?
$4,200 USD replacement cost per headlight.
DaBull

Back
Top Bottom