The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
Went to the local Botanic Gardens, (primarily for coffee and their most fattening cake) a 80 mile round trip. The wife was driving, and returned 28.4 mpg, diesel. But when we got home the battery was still only 89%. 85% at the start of the day.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
I continued to play with my “eyelet screws”, see my post #2600 in this thread.

If @FieldMonster asks how I could align so easily and precisely, the answer is easy: the square blanking plate should have a hole in the exact center. The other one has on the back side a circle, and there you should drill the hole exactly in the center of that circle. Therefore: easy!

View attachment 7844079

I did NOT put the same eyelets in the front hooking points (B-pillar),because they would protrude quite a bit, and your rear passenger could hurt his head on it (I tried it, but dismounted it, safety first). If you have a utility vehicle, feel free to do it.

Final result looks like this:

View attachment 7844080
Dear @Jean Mercier you used 8 mm eye bolts. May I ask about the length of the bolts, have you shortened them? And is there a need for “internal” support through a lock nut or piece of pipe? Thanks. Barney

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Discovered the bumper-mounted side-marker lights are held in place with 2-sided tape! Simply brushing the snow off with a gloved hand popped it inside the bumper. This required removing four T30 bolts to slide the wheel well liner open just enough to barely fit my hand inside. I don’t think it will stay in place.

IMG_6194.jpeg

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
Discovered the bumper-mounted side-marker lights are held in place with 2-sided tape! Simply brushing the snow off with a gloved hand popped it inside the bumper. This required removing four T30 bolts to slide the wheel well liner open just enough to barely fit my hand inside. I don’t think it will stay in place.

View attachment 7844408
Well - that‘s for sure not built for purpose at a car built on purpose. Double side tape 🙄

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be honest, even if it is really ugly 🤮 I like a lot the idea :love:
Just think about other usages: billboard, panel for fixing tools, etc. etc. :unsure:
Screw some legs on and it is a workbench/table top... a hinged flap and drop the sink in...ideas are endless...with all the panels around the Gren you could set up your kitchen :D

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today my better 1/2 and son and d.i.l. drove Gimli to the Florentine Valley to Growling Swallet , where the creek dives underground as part of a huge limestone karst system up to 400m deep. 7km away it apparently exits into the Junee River.
Got stung on the eye by an angry bee - hives placed next to the track in 2 places , we almost turned back at the 2nd as they were very active but decided to bush bash around it. Nobody fell into any shafts , nobody got snakebitten ( we did spot a tiger snake on the way back); on the drive home we got internet to hear there was a bushfire 1km from home.
But all is good! Until next trip/adventure!

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/Je-tEpGMag4?feature=share
Great spot Great shots and hang on that looks like O' What a Feeling shot thrown in...happy days:ROFLMAO:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove our Grenadier to a large BMW dealer and parked it correctly in a customer car park in front of the entrance. Yes, it was a bit dirty as I'd been out in the woods and fields beforehand.
As soon as I entered, I was greeted with: "But you can't park this vehicle here." The Grenadier doesn't seem to be welcome here.
I replied in a friendly manner, "Sorry, I'll have to leave. What a pity."
Then came the question: "What's it all about?"
I said: "Oh, I just wanted to buy a BMW." Suddenly the person was transformed. There was coffee and kind words. After I signed the purchase contract and said goodbye, I was told: "That's a great vehicle you've got there. And above all it has a BMW engine, I have now learnt". That's how quickly opinions about the Grenadier change. ;)
M2?

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
I spent 15 minutes after parking in the driveway trying to figure out how to turn off the rear wipers that I accidentally turned on. I tried every position and control on the stalk and finally just turned the car off. But they still ran when I turned the car back on. I had to wash off a half gallon of cleaner fluid from this escapade. In the house now and saw in the manual that there is a neutral center position on the end of the stalk rocker switch. Not exactly intuitive or marked.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I spent 15 minutes after parking in the driveway trying to figure out how to turn off the rear wipers that I accidentally turned on. I tried every position and control on the stalk and finally just turned the car off. But they still ran when I turned the car back on. I had to wash off a half gallon of cleaner fluid from this escapade. In the house now and saw in the manual that there is a neutral center position on the end of the stalk rocker switch. Not exactly intuitive or marked.
Sorry, this is a RTFM problem! (Read the Flippin' Manual, substitute your favourite F-word according to taste).

There are a lot of functions on two stalks - there is bound to be the odd function that is not obvious. Does the USA mandate a fog light, (rear fog guard light)? If so, have you found it?

As a geek used to military vehicles and old classics, I spent a happy hour sitting in the vehicle doing cockpit drills with the manual to hand. Many miles and nearly a year later, I can put my hand to any switch I need, without undue thought.

Morgan Dash - 1.jpegstalwart_14292.jpg

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
I feel previous land rover owners will know this right off the bat. At end of the stalk now controls the rear blades. The other one controls the odm reading

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
Sorry, this is a RTFM problem! (Read the Flippin' Manual, substitute your favourite F-word according to taste).

There are a lot of functions on two stalks - there is bound to be the odd function that is not obvious. Does the USA mandate a fog light, (rear fog guard light)? If so, have you found it?

As a geek used to military vehicles and old classics, I spent a happy hour sitting in the vehicle doing cockpit drills with the manual to hand. Many miles and nearly a year later, I can put my hand to any switch I need, without undue thought.

View attachment 7844504View attachment 7844505

You read the manual??? Hand your man card in champion. 😂😂😂😂

Clearly that is an IAEF scenario only. (If all else fails)
A bit like those who use the instructions when putting IKEA furniture together - just unnecessary. It’s a mark of honour to get them built perfectly and have spare parts.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was lucky not to lose my bonnet Ineos badge - it’s a very flimsy bit of metal stuck on with very thin and flimsy double sided tape. It was lifting off, so I removed it, put some good quality 3M double sided tape, and remounted it. Feels solid now. It may be an idea to check it occasionally.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was lucky not to lose my bonnet Ineos badge - it’s a very flimsy bit of metal stuck on with very thin and flimsy double sided tape. It was lifting off, so I removed it, put some good quality 3M double sided tape, and remounted it. Feels solid now. It may be an idea to check it occasionally.

In what universe does a car manufacturer attaching their hood emblem with double sided tape (low quality at that) instead of glue or similar make sense??

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In what universe does a car manufacturer attaching their hood emblem with double sided tape (low quality at that) instead of glue or similar make sense??
The same manufacturer that sticks the front bumper side indicator in position with double sided tape.
I stuck my bonnet badge back with gorilla glue after it came off with the pressure washer

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
LDV and probably a whole host of others. Go and have a little pry in the local Bunnings 😁

Back
Top Bottom