The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
Hallo Lars, it looks like a salt pan! Why on earth are people going deliberately with their precious vehicles on or trough salt pans? There will be lots of fine salt dust, which is going into every crack, opening of the vehicle! I know this from my own driving over many thousend km in different cars in places in North Amerika and southern Africa.
Salt is to my knowledge the most damaging substance for every car. As soon as moisture meets salt, a salty solution is formed, that creeps in every tiny crevice and corrosion starts!
If you love your car, never go under salty conditions! My Defender will never get salt, if possible. In Walfishbay, Namibia, I turned my Defender round, because in front of us was a long stretch trough salty water to get to a colony of sea lions and flamingos.
Greetings Hans!
Thanks for the advice...The photo was taken in your basic southwest U.S. desert wash after a rare rainstorm. This is the environment my Grenadier will be living in. There is no corrosion problem for me especially since I live in an area of the U.S. that doesn't get any snow and the roads are not salted to melt ice. The frame on the Grenadier seems to be coated from the factory against rust as well.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
I have a set of soft roof racks for the 9'3" Surfboard..quite an interesting shot of them under the tree where my roof turned into a mirror...the grab rails secure the racks were normally the straps pass through the vehicle...the Grenadier got me to the surf and back...happy motoring

Attachments

• IMG_6741.jpg
    IMG_6741.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_6743.jpg
    IMG_6743.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very exciting day (sic). Had to introduce my 80 yr old mother the Grenadier. Thought for sure she would be “less than happy” but it went over well. We went out for lunch, with my cousin, then for an ice cream. She has a bit of MS and with no side steps and a small step stool she had trouble getting in and out. not a terrible day but on the way home caught a nice sunset.

was nice riding alongside the Suburban (in the lane in front of me) and being at the same height!

Attachments

• IMG_2502.jpeg
    IMG_2502.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 95

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
Almost needed my first recovery today from a fresh water creek.

Spend more time cleaning the car than the drive afterwards. Reminds me when go for a body surf, get smashed by some big waves and continue to find sand in your pants for the next few days. 😂

IMG_8687.jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
Time to get the winch installed….or lern to check the ground of the puddle before going in 😂😂😂View attachment 7842485
Thats makes your KO2s look like slicks. 🛞 That made me feel better, I got mine converted to slicks towing 3.5T across a muddy field. Fortunately after removing the 2 T load I could drive out.

SBA

Local time
Reaction score
Been busy using it last week on the Farm, built for purpose yes. I am using for both work and farm agricultrial work it does everything as expected

Attachments

• IMG_3674.jpg
    IMG_3674.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3675.jpg
    IMG_3675.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3676.jpg
    IMG_3676.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • 3e4909b5-8a3e-4b5c-9a60-72d3ad1b230d (1).JPG
    3e4909b5-8a3e-4b5c-9a60-72d3ad1b230d (1).JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 81

SBA

Local time
Reaction score
I collected my Grenadier at 11:00AM this morning. no hitches on the handover, was gifted a signwritten tyre cover, two fancy keyrings, a dealer branded baseball cap and more diesel than I expected.

The trip home had a little more drama than anticipated as Maria had a puncture in Charlie our 2002 Vauxhall Aglia. She drove over a pothole, the rim and tyre are destroyed, so we proved the hands free phone works really well and changed to the spare tyre.

The afternoon ws a little less fraught, with a trip to Burghley House, 20ish miles away for a mooch around the stately home and a gawk at the pictures. We will have to go again, as the house promises much more than we saw. There is now 109 miles on the Grenadier; it needs a name, it already has a Leicester Tigers sticker.

A few pictures, the better ones taken by Maria, my wife.

View attachment 7809230View attachment 7809227View attachment 7809231View attachment 7809228

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
Thats makes your KO2s look like slicks. 🛞 That made me feel better, I got mine converted to slicks towing 3.5T across a muddy field. Fortunately after removing the 2 T load I could drive out.
Yes - that was that kind of mud that makes every tire to a slick in two turns 😂😂

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
I got my Grenadier back from Clear Choice Design in Tucson. I got a window protection film, paint protection film, door sill protection and ladder rung non-skid View attachment 7842295with a stick on bed liner, orange nose and door vinyl wrap like IA was offering originally and ceramic coat on the rest. The vinyl was patterned after the model Grenadier I bought last year.

View attachment 7842292View attachment 7842293View attachment 7842294
I also cribbed the model car pattern for my burnt Orange wrap😎

Attachments

• BEDEE25D-E427-43BF-B7E6-298FC1D032B5.jpeg
    BEDEE25D-E427-43BF-B7E6-298FC1D032B5.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 74

Jetjockey

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
I did the front ones shortly after I installed my roof rack. Because I live near/under trees I'm cautious about accumulated grunge as I've seen too much rust in older cars. Especially those driven on / near beaches where the sand colelcts with all the other crap.
Anyway I see cleaning the gutters as a biannual job as is the case for my roof gutters in a bushfrire prone area.
Takes 15 minutes max for the car ones , not 1/2 day!
I removed the front ones the day before yesterday to do some cleaning for the first time. I think IA should come up with a newly developed different and working version of the rubber caps.

Here is what I found. The screws are rotting as well....

IMG20240201160555.jpgIMG20240201160747.jpg

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7840857
Wore my new sweatshirt while the windshield got repaired - caught a rock dead center…. Repair $300. New windshield around $3k. Given the shape of the front, this is not likely to be the last time the repair guy comes out…
Okay was this the swag your dealer provided you?? Would love to have one myself - who should I contact ?? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom