The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Water Ingress and pooling in body cavity

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
Whilst installing electric steps, pulled out rubber plugs of the passenger side of the body (RHD) and water poured out. Drivers side was dry. Vehicle has not traversed water crossings - only rain/washing. In the image is a step bolt I've placed in the hole as it helped to wick out the water. Any ideas where this might be entering the body? If I hadn't been installing the steps would have been none the wiser. Call to dealer I suspect.

water ingress.jpg

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Most likely water has been pooling between the door seals and then going into the sills via the threshold capping. Have a slow look at the outer door seal on the wet side; it is probably not glued down properly.
It should be a easy dealer fix - providing they can get a replacement seal if the original is stretched.

See also - https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/door-seal-delamination-repair.12415587/

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That water came from the INSIDE of your vehicle.

I found that out after I removed the interior drain plugs and hosed out the inside. I heard water sloshing around for a few days unable to find where until I found these.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom

I found that out after I removed the interior drain plugs and hosed out the inside. I heard water sloshing around for a few days unable to find where until I found these.
You can have water in the sills and in the floor. If you drive with the rubber flooring out and brake, if it is in the floor you can see it flowing for and aft as you accelerate and brake. If you have the rubber flooring out, can hear water and cannot see water sloshing, it's in the sills.

(Been there, done that).

Local time
12:30 PM
Reaction score

Did you figure out how to drain the water in the sills? I have the same right now after cleaning mine with water and using the drain.

Back
Top Bottom