The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

VIN Numbers and relating possible issues to them

Grumpy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

As a new owner I was wondering whether there has been any comparison of VIN numbers and the potential issues that may be encountered.
We have just purchased a " newly" registered Fieldmaster that I assume was someone's previous order but never completed the transaction. As such it's registered as a "74" reg in Britain, although it has a VIN ending 03555 and a Build date of 25/05/23, collected 3 weeks ago with 10 miles on the odometer.

Issues encountered after 500 miles;
Wing mirror adjuster not working - Dealer sorted.
Passenger airbag fault light displayed - Dealer sorted, electrical glitch.
Tyre pressure warning sensor lighting for no reason - dealer suggested new and bedding in, settled down now.
AC initially poor hot and cold, then non existent - Dealer sorted suggesting air lock, refilled.

500 -1000miles
AC Leak,, substantial, into passenger footwell. - Booked into dealer in a fortnight, issue known? lagging issue?

Is this typical and should I expect more?

By the way, Grumpy has been a nickname for years nothing to do with the Grenny.
Love the new bus, its nearest thing we could find to replace our departed Amazon HDJ100.

G

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
My build is 11/2022 with Vin 00410, had it on my driveway 8/2023.
Except for the electronic glitches (Was solved with the software upgrade later) and a dead battery (because the vehicle was parked for months in Hambach after production - New battery under warrant)
Did a refill of the heater/cooler to solve the Heater/AC problem.
Since then no problems or issues anymore.
I have now almost 40K on the counter and he goes in next week for his second maintenance.
Remark, We have an (minor) oil leak on the front differential. Will also be dealt with next week during service under warrant.
So, that's it. I am a happy owner.

PS AC leak could also be condensation....

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
Are both your vehicles MY23/23.5? From what I have read on this forum, many of those models had similar issue. However, most issues got worked out with the MY24 models, which again I only found out on this forum, and the MY24 were the only models sent to the US. Makes sense as I have two and neither have given me any issues so far (other than the pesky speed warning & other beeps/sounds/warnings that hopefully will get fixed with the newest software update). 👍🙏

Last edited:

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
Mine is MY23. No ADAS or other systems.
Edit. Maybe even PRe-MY23. The build is from 11/22, the Dealer in Belgium was assigned in 2/23. The first Grenadier in the showroom was there 3/23. Sales and delivery's of the cars started 4? or 5/23
When I bought mine there were only some showroom models in place and maybe 10 sold cars on the terrain, waiting for delivery. That was 06/23

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom