The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas USA Buying Process--Beware (dealer vehicle pricing and business practices)

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
Says that right in the article.

I saw that but didn't want to be presumptuous. Now I'm not as bummed out.

Yes, terrible. The deer population need to be culled.

There's no love lost between me and the local herd. There are so many does and fawns here that unfenced yards are like having a corral. You shovel sh!t every day. :poop:

Xrford

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at the article below...

Am I mistaken or have we seen another price increase in NA?
My build price always had the destination delivery price as a sub item since the beginnings of pre orders, Canadian $2000.00. Thus no price increase from my perspective as they have always been transparent about the total price and what is included in that price. Only additional cost would be local taxes, registration + possible dealer doc fees.

A1B2C3D4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
Went to my local Land Rover Dealer today and they still want 10% over MSRP and 20% over on V8 engine Defenders.

Doesnt sound like the Grenadier Dealer is going to be anything over MSRP so I am now fully decided.

Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
Just spoke with Brian at the Roswell, GA dealership. Great chat. Ineos strongly encouraged the dealers to take a different approach to the rollout experience. Honoring MSRP, no destination fee, no deposit, no additional fees planned other than labor to install accessories. The only bad news for me is my build month is March next year at this point, presumably due to my late June preorder. But that's ok, because really was not expecting it to arrive until Q2 sometime anyway. Looks to be 2-3 weeks out before getting the demos and scheduling us to come in for a test drive. All good news thus far.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just me, but it seems that Reservation date, configuration, and order date should affect it in that order- with reservation date being the main driver, the config driving the batching/parts availability, and really the order date should be a tie breaker at best.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No destination fee would be a fantastic surprise!!!

Could make a drive to Ga worth it really. I wonder if other dealers will follow suit.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if that's just this dealer's plans or if they all are considering it. Is the primary cost associated with a true destination fee based on getting it from customs/port to the dealer or is it meant to also cover ship and container? If Ineos is covering the cost to ship to port destination, maybe the short distance from Brunswick to Atlanta is more easily absorbed but Brunswick to a further away dealer isn't and thus another dealer might feel they have to charge something. As the rest of everyone here talks with their dealers in the coming days, it should become more clear.

Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if that's just this dealer's plans or if they all are considering it. Is the primary cost associated with a true destination fee based on getting it from customs/port to the dealer or is it meant to also cover ship and container? If Ineos is covering the cost to ship to port destination, maybe the short distance from Brunswick to Atlanta is more easily absorbed but Brunswick to a further away dealer isn't and thus another dealer might feel they have to charge something. As the rest of everyone here talks with their dealers in the coming days, it should become more clear.
I think there is a Federal court decision pertaining to standard destination fees.
Every F150 carries the same destination charge, even if you work in the plant that builds them.
It will be hard to negotiate that away.

Local time
Reaction score
There is no "true destination fee". It's just an added cost. It has no relationship to the distance travelled or costs incurred. It's no different than MSRP.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just spoke with Brian at Regal in ATL. A very pleasant conversation. He also provided info that slightly surprised me, it appears that my order has a VIN number already and may be near the end of production. The surprise is that the Ineos site has no mention of anything order than acknowledgment of the order.

He also stated no dealer markup fees. It seems they are trying to do things a bit different and create an experience. I wish them good luck in their efforts and appreciate the interaction I have had with them to date.

Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone else been asked to sign their contracts with the new dealer for their Ineos? My dealer in Tampa emailed me that we would need to sign the contracts soon. I don't have a build date or delivery date as yet. I'm a bit Leary to sign anything as yet. I don't want to be on the hook and wait 6 month to 2 years before it arrives.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone else been asked to sign their contracts with the new dealer for their Ineos? My dealer in Tampa emailed me that we would need to sign the contracts soon. I don't have a build date or delivery date as yet. I'm a bit Leary to sign anything as yet. I don't want to be on the hook and wait 6 month to 2 years before it arrives.
Spoke with Triad (NC) today, he advised January delivery for my vehicle and nothing in regards to contract signing; only that he'd be in touch when the demos arrive to set up a time to come and drive one

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It seem only a month ago large portion of ppl in the US were losing their Sh#t over paying over MSRP. I think we all can take a step back and appericate that things may not be perfect but we are moving in right direction.

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know what the general markup is that a dealer would add? I just built an INEOS Grenadier, sent the build PDF to my local dealer, and am waiting for the dealer to confirm the order.
I see it's your first post here, please read through the threads.... Not a single US dealer has said anything other than MSRP + dealer fees (docs, etc)

Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know what the general markup is that a dealer would add? I just built an INEOS Grenadier, sent the build PDF to my local dealer, and am waiting for the dealer to confirm the order.
There will be NO dealer markup. If they try to play that game with you, move your order to a different dealer who doesn’t markup. The economy is long past the point of markups. They are lucky that we even have a pulse at this point.

Back
Top Bottom