The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Petrol/Gas US Oil for B58 Engines

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just changed my oil and now I'm getting the check engine light. The sensor says On Road level is OK and Off Road Level is OK. I checked the oil cap and it's on correctly. Any suggestions? I'd rather not go to the dealer if I can help it as it's 2 hours away.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just have Autozone or similar scan the code so you know what you're dealing with.

Did you recently get fuel?

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just have Autozone or similar scan the code so you know what you're dealing with.

Did you recently get fuel?
I did recently get fuel and checked the cap there too.

Does Autozone have a code reader that will read the Ineos codes? Does it work if you read it as a bmw?

Thanks for the advice and expertise.

UPDATE: I was able to scan it with my own tool and diagnose it as the dreaded fuel level sensor issue. 😆 Cleared the code and corresponded with the dealer about the future software update. Here's hoping for August. @anand I am guessing this is what you were getting at when you asked about a recent fuel up. lol...

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE: I was able to scan it with my own tool and diagnose it as the dreaded fuel level sensor issue. 😆 Cleared the code and corresponded with the dealer about the future software update. Here's hoping for August. @anand I am guessing this is what you were getting at when you asked about a recent fuel up. lol...
Exactly :)

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:23 AM
Reaction score
Did my first oil change today at 1950 mi. Used a BMW filter. I didn't have a 32mm socket for the filter cap so I used a 1.25" SAE and it fit perfectly. Refilled with 7 qts/6.6 liters of 0W-20 Valvoline European LL-17FE+ and got the "ok" for both on road and off road levels. I was a bit surprised at that. I'll check again in a day or two.

My plan was to do the first change at 2K, the second at 4K, and successive changes at 6K mile intervals. I may revise that. The used oil was dirtier than I expected for the mileage driven though it has been hot and also smoky with all the forest fires. The 0W-20 is really thin too. I've drunk water with a higher viscosity. Not having a dipstick to monitor oil condition has got to be the most sadistic joke ever. Pulling the drain plug just to get a sample really sucks.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The last tire rotation at Discount Tire included 3 trips to get them to fix the TPMS system to recognize the sensors and put them in the correct locations in the vehicle. So not having to ever do that again is worth it to me.
Ok, I’ve come around and ready to buy the Autel TPMS tool. Is there a specific model I’m looking for?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, I’ve come around and ready to buy the Autel TPMS tool. Is there a specific model I’m looking for?
TS508WF

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
From oil to air, just like that 😁

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This works with Ineos TPMS sensors, correct?
It can read them; the only sensors it programs is the Autel MX sensors.

The only tool to reprogram the factory TPMS module is the dealer scan tool

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It can read them; the only sensors it programs is the Autel MX sensors.

The only tool to reprogram the factory TPMS module is the dealer scan tool
My dealer told me that they are also using Autel, but have not had to program the factory sensors yet. It doesn't sound correct to me - but that's what they told me a few months ago. Interestingly, tire rack told me that the factory sensors are also Autel and can be programmed at any tire shop. And you can apparently order "OEM" sensors from them.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 8.19.17 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 8.19.17 AM.png
    448 KB · Views: 4

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer told me that they are also using Autel, but have not had to program the factory sensors yet. It doesn't sound correct to me - but that's what they told me a few months ago. Interestingly, tire rack told me that the factory sensors are also Autel and can be programmed at any tire shop. And you can apparently order "OEM" sensors from them.
Factory sensors are definitely not made by Autel.

I know at least one of the techs @ RDS has the Autel tool, but that isn't what they use to reprogram the factory TPMS module (like when doing a tire rotation). I had a good chat with one of their techs about this, as I had them replace my Autel sensors with new Autel sensors (all 4 batteries died at the 6 week mark, very odd)

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
Did my BI Oil Change a 2.5k and I plan to do all oil changes at 5k mls going forward. For those that are not aware - the Diffs need to be changed at 10k Miles. I plan to do all of the diffs at 7.5k mls as well as the transfer case. The T-case has a SLIGHTLY different oil spec, but it is a lower spec than the diffs so I plan to use the same oil. I am actually really impressed that INEOS suggested a diff oil change as most OEM’s don’t, but it is VERY common on solid axles tractors for obvious reasons.
what oil did you use for your diffs?

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
what oil did you use for your diffs?
I am planning to use Valvoline Synthetic 75W90. I am likely going to also do the transfer case at the same time as if appears to be rather simple. I am at 6k so still have a little bit of time before I will do the diffs.

Reactions: beg
Back
Top Bottom