The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Update from dealer on infotainment software update

El Bunko

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
Talked with the service department at my dealer about the update to the infotainment (updates for speed warning, altimeter, etc.). He told me that they had rolled out an update to some dealers as a beta test and it didn't go well. This caused them to pull the update. As of right now there is no timeline.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
Talked with the service department at my dealer about the update to the infotainment (updates for speed warning, altimeter, etc.). He told me that they had rolled out an update to some dealers as a beta test and it didn't go well. This caused them to pull the update. As of right now there is no timeline.
That’s the exact same thing they said to me at my dealer

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:45 PM
Reaction score
That sounds like an unusual amount of work for a car company.
An external beta requires version unrolling. That's pretty easy to do on a engineering car since you can delete prior settings without care (eg Bluetooth connections, favorite button and other preferences). Also if it's a beta then it implies code that haven't passed final testing. In a car context this is unusual given the potential liabilities involved. I've only heard about this in infotainment software (and Tesla) in the industry. I'm surprised that Ineos would do this with their dependency on tier-1 for their ecosystem.

Historically car companies haven't been very good at versioning this way so it's typically been forward version based upgrading of software. It's not trivial to build downgradable software for end users, that dramatically expands the test matrix. I would seriously caution them from going down this path, and instead of power users test in engineering owned cars.

Back
Top Bottom