The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Underbody Protection from Rival

TahoeGren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
I received the transfer case skid last Monday and just installed it this afternoon. It’s much better packed than the engine/transmission skid. Installation was easy, with most time spent fiddling with the insert nuts like Nadir said. The wire is just barely long enough for the cross member holes on the driver side. A couple tips: thread the bolt on and off the inserts a few times before inserting them to make it easier for the bolt to start. For the one on the chassis, I used a needle nose plier to hold the flat leads through the opposite hole. Instructions weren’t clear on this, but I also removed (temporarily) the seal that covers the hole on the other side.

Is the purpose of the additional small skid to protect fuel lines? From pictures it looks like there is a filter or something there, but perhaps it’s only for the B37.

The skid does sit quite low. Not lower than the fuel tank guard but it sits lower than the factory sliders.

Nadir5

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Is the purpose of the additional small skid to protect fuel lines? From pictures it looks like there is a filter or something there, but perhaps it’s only for the B37.
I wondered the same thing. I -think- it's just there to keep a rock from hanging up on the end of the main skid plate. I

Back
Top Bottom