The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Underbody Protection from Rival

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
I'm going to do it next weekend.
Just ordered a jig saw blade and cutting fluid from Amazon:
Bosch T127D Special for Aluminum
A9 aluminium cutting fluid

74CampySuperRecord

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
I went ahead and did the mod today. It took about an hour and a half to do the whole job.

Attachments

• IMG_4788.jpeg
    IMG_4788.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4790.jpeg
    IMG_4790.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4794.jpeg
    IMG_4794.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31

Nadir5

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did the square notch yesterday (using a Jigsaw and an aluminum-specific blade with aluminum-specific cutting oil - hat tip to @parb for the model numbers). It didn't take long at all. Used blue tape as a cutting guide and had the plate clamped to a sawhorse for stability. Getting it installed was a bit of a chore because the crossmember and my chassis weren't exactly the right dimensions (I had to use 2 washers instead of one of the included spacers, and even then needed a bit of hammering). Once in place it was a breeze to get some LocTite on the bolts and tighten everything up. I did notice the relative tightness of the work area under the truck compared to my lifted '94 Defender-90 on 33s. :) Taller tires are definitely on the want-list.

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Since we just picked up our Grenadier....have the "cutting issues" been resolved with the underbody protection? Very interested but would like to NOT have to do some cutting on the skid plates.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Rival is having a new version of the skid plate coming out in mid-november. They have stopped selling the current version until then. anything you order from rival today will be the new design. If you got the old design you can either notch the plate in the location where its too tight or they will send you the updated version once it ships.

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Rival is having a new version of the skid plate coming out in mid-november. They have stopped selling the current version until then. anything you order from rival today will be the new design. If you got the old design you can either notch the plate in the location where its too tight or they will send you the updated version once it ships.
Thanks for the update! Something on my list!

Back
Top Bottom