The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

TV Advert released

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
A TV advert without a multi-racial family, no sexual or body shape diversity?
Where are the disclaimers about how driving at night can be dangerous and that the vehicle may not be available in that configuration?
They must have gone rogue if it was not a "professional driver on a closed course."

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with that. The best advertising is to place it in movies. I was inspired by Land Rover as a child. And that was only because of Dr. Marsh Tracy and Paula.
Based on the near non-stop interactions I have with strangers and car fans here in the Pacific Northwest, I'm leaning towards drivers on the road being super effective.

I think a bunch of folks will be like "oh that's what I saw up on the ridge!" or "finally I've been wondering what the heck that thing was, I didn't know you could buy one"

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
They must have gone rogue if it was not a "professional driver on a closed course."
"professional editor on a closed server". I like the beginning, reminds me of the some of the original Jurassic Park scenes. Maybe someone Reddit can add Rexy chasing it down the trail.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
I've been surprised about the number of people who ask what it is or are aware it's not an old Defender but still ask of they are still being made. It does need advertising in the correct magazines (or websites), farming, 4x4, industrial and country lifestyle publications. Yes it does need visibility in films and tv programmes but that's pointless if nobody knows what it is or if still in production.
I also thought the add looked like CGI and didn't give any idea of what the vehicle is other then 'ooh, that looks nice' but it's possibly just a start to increased visibility.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I just said to @anand - I hope IA uses a different set of clowns to write/modify the coding for the trucks than they do for their other computing needs.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I just said to @anand - I hope IA uses a different set of clowns to write/modify the coding for the trucks than they do for their other computing needs.
The Ineos IT department wins the award for consistency. We know where to find them.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've been surprised about the number of people who ask what it is or are aware it's not an old Defender but still ask of they are still being made. It does need advertising in the correct magazines (or websites), farming, 4x4, industrial and country lifestyle publications. Yes it does need visibility in films and tv programmes but that's pointless if nobody knows what it is or if still in production.
I also thought the add looked like CGI and didn't give any idea of what the vehicle is other then 'ooh, that looks nice' but it's possibly just a start to increased visibility.
I think Jim read my post and sent me an email 20 mins later with this

'Follow the link below to watch our new TV ad. And look for Grenadier in magazines, on posters, and, most importantly, out there in the real world. After all, that’s where possibility lives'

It's nice to know our views matter on this forum

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think Jim read my post and sent me an email 20 mins later with this

'Follow the link below to watch our new TV ad. And look for Grenadier in magazines, on posters, and, most importantly, out there in the real world. After all, that’s where possibility lives'

It's nice to know our views matter on this forum
He did mention to me that he was stalking you.

Last edited:
Reactions: CRH

AWo

Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
The movement of the car looks like it is a toy, not realistic. Are these scenes running faster that normal speed of a movie?

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
I'd prefer that they spend the money on communications, parts, fixing the bugs (if they can be fixed) that exist today. Get it right then talk about reliability in the outback.

Pete Brown

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
This new ad may be the dumbest in industry since New Coke or perhaps even dumber then when GM tried to market cars in Latin America to young male buyers and used “Nova”, meaning No Go in Spanish, as a name.

Fire the agency tomorrow and fire the executives who went along with this dumb idea.

IMG_4010.jpegIMG_3760.jpegIMG_5124.jpeg

I drove one home from Seattle to Alaska in mid April. Went up through British Columbia on the Cassiar Hwy through the Yukon to Alaska.

I bet the marketing guy went home in a Tesla… to Connecticut.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where are the disclaimers about how driving at night can be dangerous and that the vehicle may not be available in that configuration?
it was pretty dark to be fair

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, that $FirstName email just dropped into my inbox also. WTF. Between a cringy video commercial and sending out untested bulk emails ... it's amateur hour over at INEOS Automotive marketing! Herp derp.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Totally agree, I am so fed up of seeing DIVERSE ads on tv, which forces me to watch less tv.

Back
Top Bottom