The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

TV Advert released

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:44 PM
Reaction score
I have to say that I hate the commercial - it reminds me of those stupid Lexus mom commercials of the early 00’s - with the snotty Aryan youth looking out the back of their soccer mom’s SUV with an expression of arrogance at the other plebs not driving a Lexus. “You’re not the average person, are you?” And with the Donny Grey and alloy wheels, cutting to an urban street scene, it’s kind of like the off road scene was more a state of mind even though the driver is primarily using it in the city. My wife said “that ad was made for women. They’ve already got the guys who want to go off-road - this was made to broaden the appeal and communicate safety and security to city chicks. But it’s the wrong vehicle for them - they’re reaching.” As usual, I stumbled and bumbled and realized she’s probably right.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
FWIW the commercial was aired today during a Wimbledon broadcast.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW the commercial was aired today during a Wimbledon broadcast.
Glad to see you’re following tennis, Your Holiness. Actually, this seems to support my wife’s theory - it’s an ad to stretch beyond the outdoor community, targeted at affluents or aspirational affluents who want to be PERCEIVED as unique and “off-grid,” but will never, in fact, use the Grenadier as intended. That’s the target demographic if they bought ad time during Wimbledon.

Reactions: Max

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
Glad to see you’re following tennis, Your Holiness. Actually, this seems to support my wife’s theory - it’s an ad to stretch beyond the outdoor community, targeted at affluents or aspirational affluents who want to be PERCEIVED as unique and “off-grid,” but will never, in fact, use the Grenadier as intended. That’s the target demographic if they bought ad time during Wimbledon.
I’m not specifically a tennis fan - but it’s Wimbledon and there’s not much else on TV weekdays.

I thought it was interesting placement though. I assume they’re connecting sports viewers with outdoorsy types.

Interestingly there was a RR commercial too which is pretty uncommon for the ESPN stuff I normally watch.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m not specifically a tennis fan - but it’s Wimbledon and there’s not much else on TV weekdays.

I thought it was interesting placement though. I assume they’re connecting sports viewers with outdoorsy types.

Interestingly there was a RR commercial too which is pretty uncommon for the ESPN stuff I normally watch.
The RR doesn’t surprise me. It’s a UK event (these are brands with British history or identity) targeted at an affluent viewer (golf and tennis skew to upper income brackets) - and viewers have also been skewing more female for the last several years, especially for Wimbledon. Celebrity spotting, royals, and American female obsession with all things British (Downton Abbey, Bridgerton, blah blah blah). I think that’s EXACTLY who Ineos is targeting. Affluent metros and women who want a bit of flex. I’m sure they will pick up some buyers - who will then sell them within 2 years and complain constantly about steering and multi-zone climate control and no heated steering wheel and audio quality and . . .

Back
Top Bottom