The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tremec - Transfer Case

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
Do you know what the differences are for the B suffix transfer cases?
I would imagine it will be just done in batches, so a certain number of units for one letter then move on to the next so if anything was wrong they could narrow it down to batch F or batch K for instance. Thinking of the top of my head with this by the way, but think it makes sense.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the numbers.

As Steve said, it is probably a batch control.

Also, it is almost certain that more and more changes and optimizations will be made over time.

The question, however, is whether such "optimizations" are desirable. They can be cost optimizations as well as technical optimizations. So you never know which is better, an older or a newer version. If they are cost optimizations, I don't necessarily want them in my equipment.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not worried, but interested.

If the batch thing is correct, then we should see more suffixes emerge.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:59 PM
Reaction score

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like Trump‘s fence didn’t stop manufacturers heading south of the border!
Without wanting to get political here is a good video/news report on the issue of building a wall.
I found the video and the amazing country scenery very interesting and non political

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
…. And Made in Mexico …. don’t know much about their automotive manufacturing quality… anyone got any views on that?
Anything can be built well anywhere. It is all down to the QC processes and supervision of the parent company. If you just subcontract at a cheap price to a Chinese or Mexican (or any really) company and leave them to it, your chances of getting a quality product are not great. If you build in a proper manufacturing QC process and SOP and manage, inspect and audit you can get world class anywhere.

Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
I know it may not be relevant to the transfer case discussion, but it speaks to Tremec. Tremec builds some really amazing manual and DCT transmissions for high output cars like the Mustang Shelby GT500 and the new Corvette.

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The explanation I got was that on a batch of the cases the lubrication feed for low gear only may have been drilled at an incorrect angle. Faulty cases could be identified by driving in low gear for around 15 km as if there was an issue it would appear within 800m. Regardless, all cases in that batch are going to be changed when available whether they pass the test or not.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The explanation I got was that on a batch of the cases the lubrication feed for low gear only may have been drilled at an incorrect angle. Faulty cases could be identified by driving in low gear for around 15 km as if there was an issue it would appear within 800m. Regardless, all cases in that batch are going to be changed when available whether they pass the test or not.
do you mean driving at 15Km/hr then the fault appears within 800m?

Back
Top Bottom