The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

TPMS not reading correct pressure

roverso

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
Kept getting a high tire pressure warning even when I set my tires at lower pressures. So I then checked what pressures the car was reading vs two different tire gauges and the car is actually reading the tire pressure about 4psi higher than the gauges. Tried the reset function, but it didn't fix the problem. Dealer is over 3 hours away. Not sure if it's a calibration issue with the sensors or just poor quality sensors in the tires.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
A lot of conversation here about the limitations of the TPMS system used. Ineos are aware but couple of weeks ago they confirmed was not on their agenda to fix in the near future. Who knows... Suggest contact Ineos and your dealer. :)

roverso

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
There seems to be many things that are not on their agenda to fix in the near future, here in the US it could mean they are no longer selling cars here in the near future. Have contacted both, both neither had an answer. Will most likely switch to Autel tire sensors as some have had better luck with those than the factory.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
I think there’s a variation in accuracy of the sensors, I inflated min using my home made indeflate, so pressure should be equal across the two tyres. But… the TPMS shows a 2-3 psi difference.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
I put my Grenadier in for service recently and they set the tyres (K02's) to 40 PSI which was too hard for normal driving, lightly loaded with 1 or 2 passengers.
Should be 36 PSI
I purchased a new set of iCheck pro series deflators and dropped them all to 30PSI
Then inflated them to 36/37 PSI cold.
The TPMS monitor alarmed with low tyre pressure.
I reset the set pressures but no matter how many times I hit and accepted the new settings it didn't work.
I decided to check the manual.
While getting the manual I heard a ping the right rear tyre reset, then the right front, left front and left rear.
About 5 seconds apart.
Then I remembered the problem.

Patience Grasshopper

Back
Top Bottom