The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tool kit

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
at least it's got an extension which is more to say for the rest! Regardless will carry a 2' breaker bar in 1/2" with impact socket(s). works a treat
Good point. I’ve got one somewhere, hidden in the depths of my garage. Just have to sort a suitable socket for it.
anybody know what size the wheel nuts are 🤔

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:43 AM
Reaction score
Not me , however if they were inscribed I'd make an embossed leather tool roll and leave it agape when showing off the vehicle.
It's a classic car thing, and IMO the Grenadier is an instant classic.
It's the automotive equivalent of leaving a few buttons open to expose some chest hair.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
not sure on nut size, will try and find out.

meantime got one of these each for my motors;

Thanks that’s exactly what I’ve got somewhere.
Garage has been in turmoil since I’ve been doing major house alterations and upgrades to bathrooms. Also lots of Landy kit which is all gone now. So gradually getting garage and storage room above sorted. We seem to have more camping kit than Go Outdoors 😳
Everthing for the Grenadier expedition vehicle is stored at the back of the garage on the bench. Will need to finalise my tool kit once I receive the vehicle. Quick fix/ get me out of trouble repair kit will be the same as before :- fencing wire, cable ties, marine silicone sealant, gaffer tape, assortment of nuts and bolts etc. and my favourite a couple of bicycle inner tubes split down the middle, great for bandaging split hoses.
To be honest I’m getting impatient now to get the vehicle, finalise all my kit and mod the Grenadier as we want it. Patience is a virtue so they, but it’s wearing thin 👍🏼

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What does one of Ineos Automotive Technical Support Engineers keep in his tool kit?

"A new project for the all-new off road/utility vehicle the Grenadier was instigated in early 2018.

Automotive Tools and Supplies were very pleased when one of the Technical Support Engineers in the new team at Ineos Automotive, who had past experience of our development work, contacted us to see if we could help in 2020.

We were first asked to create a Roadside Assistance Kit to support early events where the Grenadier was being introduced and promoted. As these events were staged across the UK and further afield, the kits were essential to help the events run smoothly & make provision of the necessary support equipment that may have been required on these events. The Technical Support Engineers, had to solve any problems that may have arose quickly and efficiently on site where ever they happened to be.

Following the successful supply in April 2021 of their RSA Kits we were than asked to develop a bespoke engineers kit in a “flight case” on wheels to allow for the globe trotting style of the Ineos Automotive events.

Automotive Tools worked alongside Ineos Automotive’s technical team to specify the tooling required. Once an inventory had been decided, the tool control foam was designed to fit the sturdy flight case. The Engineers Kit comprises of 5 layers of 2 tone tool control foam including 210 individual items, laid out for easy access and auditing.
flight-case-100-1536x1015.jpg
"Tool Control Systems were first introduced into the Aerospace industry to eliminate Foreign Object Damage (FOD). This was caused by tools or any other materials being left on or in a vehicle once it had left the workshop. The use of a foam Tool Control system can also save 30% in tooling budget as it is instantly auditable – if a tool is not placed back into the foam, the bright colour underneath is instantly recognisable and the technician can go back to the work area and locate the missing item. Automotive Tools have previously worked with an aerospace company who saw a real life 30% saving over a year on tooling after changing to a tool control system.

We were pleased to be able to supply multiple kits for both the UK and Germany and we hope to build on this relationship as the need arises and the Grenadier goes into full production."

Screenshot_20230115_103401.jpg

" Customer Testimonial

David Blackhall, Technical Services Manager for Ineos Automotive Aftersales comments ‘We chose Automotive tools based on the previous experience of one of the team, and we haven’t regretted it.

Despite the challenges of Covid 19, and the subsequent global disruption, as well as a fair split of geographical locations for the supply of tooling and equipment, Automotive tools rose to the challenge and have accommodated all of our requirements.

We look forward to nurturing and developing a relationship with this helpful and professional family business as we move forward on our journey with the Grenadier.

Whilst anyone who knows me, knows the suspicion I often have around soundbites, in this instance it is true to say that they are a concern substantial enough to cope, and yet not too corporate and weighty, and are then able to give the personal attention and touch we were looking for without us being treated as ‘just another’ one’

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:43 PM
Reaction score
What Price would you estimate for?
I'll guess : For us Ineos owners, probably not much spare change out of 750 Euro. 600 Euro for "trade price". Weight 25-28Kg so it will be accepted as checked baggage for air travel... My son has been a helicopter maintenance engineer for 20+ yrs. AW-139 and S-92 . Most of his 'flying spanners' kit is 3/8"drive. I'm amazed at what he can 'fix' on his Subaru with seemingly just a pocket screwdriver, a set of ring spanners and a "Magyver Swiss Army Knife :ROFLMAO:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:43 AM
Reaction score
Overkill perhaps, effing awesome certainly. Couldn’t sleep last night so I fell into the YouTube rabbit hole and actually came across a guy who uses this same basic idea. He has a pelican case and uses 3 layers of foam in just the same manner. Granted, he’s not carrying the entire tool catalog, but the non-rattle, everything has a place method is nice.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
That Pelican case full of tools would be going light for the guys at Evo Off Road and Wayalife :oops:

The repairs start around 6:50 in the video. The guy talking at 6:50 is the master mechanic at Evo Off Road; I've seen him welding on the trail. No welding in this video, but an impressive collection of power tools. These guys wheel about as hard as anyone, and they break a lot of stuff. Not what I am into, but an impressive ability to fix just about anything on the trail:

They mostly run technical rocky routes (like in the video above), but here is a video of their trip to Alaska - lots of mud. Minimum vehicle-requirements to go on the trip: 37-inch tires and upgraded axles:

Last edited:

jrchrds

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:43 AM
Reaction score
That Pelican case full of tools would be going light for the guys at Evo Off Road and Wayalife :oops:

The repairs start around 6:50 in the video. The guy talking at 6:50 is the master mechanic at Evo Off Road; I've seen him welding on the trail. No welding in this video, but an impressive collection of power tools. These guys wheel about as hard as anyone, and they break a lot of stuff. Not what I am into, but an impressive ability to fix just about anything on the trail:
I've never seen that ARB jack before. I've always hated the Hi-Lift. Hmmmm

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've never seen that ARB jack before. I've always hated the Hi-Lift. Hmmmm
Check out the price of the ARB Jack. You may want to revert to a high lift jack, bearing in mind the amount of times you will actually use it.
I really like those ARB jacks but can’t justify the price personally 👍🏼

jrchrds

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:43 AM
Reaction score
Check out the price of the ARB Jack. You may want to revert to a high lift jack, bearing in mind the amount of times you will actually use it.
I really like those ARB jacks but can’t justify the price personally 👍🏼
Ugh- yea, looks like Hi-Lift it is. I'm got an old rusty one hanging around somewhere.

Local time
Reaction score
Ugh- yea, looks like Hi-Lift it is. I'm got an old rusty one hanging around somewhere.
I'm with you - I don't like the Hi-Lift jack. You can use it as a "come-along" and it is a long-serving standby, but I'd much prefer the ARB. But yeah, super-pricey, and - it needs to be stored standing up (not lying down), or it can leak hydraulic fluid if the release lever is depressed while it is on its side (note - items in bold have been added in an edit; go to 9:10 of the video at the bottom of this post for a description, and see the screenshot from the owners manual, also at the bottom of this post).

Note: the price is now $900 - inflation, yay.

arb_jack_leak.jpg

ARB Jack:

On Amazon:

Video review of ARB Jack (go to 9:10 for description of storage and possible leak):

How to store the ARB Jack, from page 8 of the owner's manual:
Jack_page_8.png
Link to the owner's manual:

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm with you - I don't like the Hi-Lift jack. You can use it as a "come-along" and it is a long-serving standby, but I'd much prefer the ARB. But yeah, super-pricey, and - it needs to be stored standing up (not lying down), or it starts to leak hydraulic fluid.

Note: the price is now $900 - inflation, yay.

View attachment 7800398
If it’s prone to leaking then another reason not to get for me. The high lift jack has its flaws but is easy to fix. You just have to make sure you are well versed and practised with it prior to having to use it in a real life situation. If you follow the correct procedures of use such as parking the handle in the upright position especially when shifting the lever from lift to lower , then they are fine.

Local time
Reaction score
If it’s prone to leaking then another reason not to get for me. The high lift jack has its flaws but is easy to fix. You just have to make sure you are well versed and practised with it prior to having to use it in a real life situation. If you follow the correct procedures of use such as parking the handle in the upright position especially when shifting the lever from lift to lower , then they are fine.
Yeah, I just can't ever escape the feeling that it wants to kill me.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I just can't ever escape the feeling that it wants to kill me.
There is so much negative stuff about high lift jacks on the internet/utube. But just like many other things such as jump starting a car with jump leads or using a winch. You have to follow set procedures and be fully conversant with your equipment. I think the high lift jack is a far more versatile and simplistic bit of kit. It’s far less likely to let you down than a hydraulic jack 👍🏼

Local time
Reaction score
There is so much negative stuff about high lift jacks on the internet/utube. But just like many other things such as jump starting a car with jump leads or using a winch. You have to follow set procedures and be fully conversant with your equipment. I think the high lift jack is a far more versatile and simplistic bit of kit. It’s far less likely to let you down than a hydraulic jack 👍🏼
I know, I was just kidding around (mostly) :D

Back
Top Bottom