The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tool kit

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:48 AM
Reaction score
If you want to play with the Grenadier, you have to get the big spanners out.
Front wheel hub nut - size 41 mm
Front steering rod - size 46 mm

Underneath are also sizes like 18, 21, 22, 24 mm hex screws and also very big outer Torx screws and bolts, probably E 24 and TX 60 or 70.

Sorry the pictures are not very good, but the message comes over.

Attachments

• 46 mm.jpeg
    46 mm.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 41_1 mm.jpeg
    41_1 mm.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 67
  • 41_2 mm.jpeg
    41_2 mm.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 41_3mm.jpeg
    41_3mm.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 66

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:48 PM
Reaction score
If you want to play with the Grenadier, you have to get the big spanners out.
Front wheel hub nut - size 41 mm
Front steering rod - size 46 mm

Underneath are also sizes like 18, 21, 22, 24 mm hex screws and also very big outer Torx screws and bolts, probably E 24 and TX 60 or 70.

Sorry the pictures are not very good, but the message comes over.
Hoping I don't have to ...well not this week!😂

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You seem to have lots of Makita kit
Which I understand very well. This stuff is awesome.
Especially considering the bang for the buck.
Just works and lasts.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
But I remove the machete when not travelling, because here in Belgium it is a forbidden weapon
What is the definition of a machete in Belgium? Does it depend on the blade length?

I have (another) KaBar for the rough work, the BK-9. It is not by defintion a machete. But it's quite chunky and the weight and balance is perfect.

The one in the picture is not mine, I'm too lazy to photograph it.

bk9.jpeg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What is the definition of a machete in Belgium? Does it depend on the blade length?

I have (another) KaBar for the rough work, the BK-9. It is not by defintion a machete. But it's quite chunky and the weight and balance is perfect.

The one in the picture is not mine, I'm too lazy to photograph it.

View attachment 7820808
In Belgium this would also be considered a forbidden weapon. Anybody carrying stuff in his car or anywhere outside his house, like a base ball bat or a big kitchen knife, that can be used as a weapon, could get problems, unless you can explain that you are a base ball player or a cook. The weird thing is, some of these weapons can be bought freely, even in shops for children's toys, like baseball bats! About 20 years ago I had to go to court, because one of my minor kids did buy a base ball bat, and less than an hour later his base ball bat was confiscated by the police;
  • Judge: your minor son was playing with a forbidden weapon on the streets
  • Me: I didn't know a sports attribute was a forbidden weapon
  • Judge: you should know the law
  • Me: this weapon was sold by a toys supermarket to a minor and his friends: the supermarket should not sell forbidden weapons, they know the law better than me, why didn't they tell the kids about it?
  • Judge: (silent)
  • Judge: it is OK, we will not pursue you
  • Me: what about the bat?
  • Judge (surprised): what, you want it back?
  • Me: yes, my son paid for it!
  • Judge: OK, you can pick it up at our clerk's office
I went to the office at once, got the baseball back, and walked on the streets with a forbidden weapon towards my car. Believe me or not, I crossed two policemen, and they didn't detain me.
I still have it, to defend myself against my partner when she get's angry, but never used it (although she get's angry sometimes) :devilish:
20230721_220419 base bal bat.jpg

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
So don't carry an axe, a chainsaw, a rope, a hammer or the like in Belgium.

It's the politicians. They are afraid.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Local knife laws are also restrictive , mainly to stop the trend for pimply youths to go around threatening each other and old ladies.
You theoretically need to show just reason for having such a device in your car (on your person in public not wise).
Given the very high Tassy % of fishermen/women/theys , just about every vehicle will have a stabby/cutty thing inside. And of course you never know when some random gardening/lopping task might leap out at you. So pack that axe, Eugene 😄
Carrying a machete or sword or gun is a bit risky. You will need a good explanation and failing that , a good lawyer.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Local knife laws are also restrictive , mainly to stop the trend for pimply youths to go around threatening each other and old ladies.
You theoretically need to show just reason for having such a device in your car (on your person in public not wise).
Given the very high Tassy % of fishermen/women/theys , just about every vehicle will have a stabby/cutty thing inside. And of course you never know when some random gardening/lopping task might leap out at you. So pack that axe, Eugene 😄
Carrying a machete or sword or gun is a bit risky. You will need a good explanation and failing that , a good lawyer.
Yes.
Gone are the good old days when we could all carry guns, knives and swords in our car.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes.
Gone are the good old days when we could all carry guns, knives and swords in our car.
It is OK to have a prohibition on some kinds of weapons, 0 weapons means 0 deaths from weapons, but I know this is unrealistic and also some kind of political statement (especially in one particular country). I am against "weapons", unless you are a cop, a hunter, a body guard, ....

In Belgium a car is also a weapon, as soon as you use it to try to kill somebody, but the ownership is not forbidden. Why not the same principle for a knife, base ball bat, and so one.
It is however a difficult balance: why would I need a gun or baseball bat if I am not a hunter or base ball player: I agree with this argument!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is OK to have a prohibition on some kinds of weapons, 0 weapons means 0 deaths from weapons, but I know this is unrealistic and also some kind of political statement (especially in one particular country). I am against "weapons", unless you are a cop, a hunter, a body guard, ....

In Belgium a car is also a weapon, as soon as you use it to try to kill somebody, but the ownership is not forbidden. Why not the same principle for a knife, base ball bat, and so one.
It is however a difficult balance: why would I need a gun or baseball bat if I am not a hunter or base ball player: I agree with this argument!
Unfortunately the 95% of good people are always going to be governed by laws designed to control the 5% who are bad or stupid.
When a cop pulls someone over in Australia for a random breath test or traffic violation they can be 99% sure that person isn't armed.
Hence the cops are friendly, polite and not aggressive.
The public then also react to the cops in a friendly, polite and non-aggressive way.
we are very lucky here in Australia

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately the 95% of good people are always going to be governed by laws designed to control the 5% who are bad or stupid.
When a cop pulls someone over in Australia for a random breath test or traffic violation they can be 99% sure that person isn't armed.
Hence the cops are friendly, polite and not aggressive.
The public then also react to the cops in a friendly, polite and non-aggressive way.
we are very lucky here in Australia
And generally speaking if you are a reasonable person, not being a dick, and have a fishing, camping, utility knife etc in your 4wd and half reasonable reason ie fishing, camping, hiking etc you won’t have any issues.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Keeping my machete in my wife's Volvo EV might be a slightly dodgy look.
Even though I had to clear a wonga wonga vine that was devouring my father in law's shed.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And generally speaking if you are a reasonable person, not being a dick, and have a fishing, camping, utility knife etc in your 4wd and half reasonable reason ie fishing, camping, hiking etc you won’t have any issues.
Exactly
I want the cops to take drunk drivers and criminals off the street.
Occasionally that means I have to stop for a random breath test.
I usually thank them
I am willing to sacrifice 5 minutes of my day to keep people safe and alive.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
In Belgium this would also be considered a forbidden weapon. Anybody carrying stuff in his car or anywhere outside his house, like a base ball bat or a big kitchen knife, that can be used as a weapon, could get problems, unless you can explain that you are a base ball player or a cook. The weird thing is, some of these weapons can be bought freely, even in shops for children's toys, like baseball bats! About 20 years ago I had to go to court, because one of my minor kids did buy a base ball bat, and less than an hour later his base ball bat was confiscated by the police;
  • Judge: your minor son was playing with a forbidden weapon on the streets
  • Me: I didn't know a sports attribute was a forbidden weapon
  • Judge: you should know the law
  • Me: this weapon was sold by a toys supermarket to a minor and his friends: the supermarket should not sell forbidden weapons, they know the law better than me, why didn't they tell the kids about it?
  • Judge: (silent)
  • Judge: it is OK, we will not pursue you
  • Me: what about the bat?
  • Judge (surprised): what, you want it back?
  • Me: yes, my son paid for it!
  • Judge: OK, you can pick it up at our clerk's office
I went to the office at once, got the baseball back, and walked on the streets with a forbidden weapon towards my car. Believe me or not, I crossed two policemen, and they didn't detain me.
I still have it, to defend myself against my partner when she get's angry, but never used it (although she get's angry sometimes) :devilish:
View attachment 7820834
I’ve never heard of a baseball bat being “illegal” in any capacity. That’s flat out un-American! 🤣

Seriously though, most anything can be used as a weapon. Forks, screwdrivers (actually most any tool - wrenches, hammers, etc.), sports equipment, etc. Should all of these things be illegal?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Seriously though, most anything can be used as a weapon. Forks, screwdrivers (actually most any tool - wrenches, hammers, etc.), sports equipment, etc. Should all of these things be illegal?
Weirdly , after going through airport security, you enter the plane, sit down in business class and once at altitude they bring you knives and other metal implements!

Local time
5:48 AM
Reaction score
Weirdly , after going through airport security, you enter the plane, sit down in business class and once at altitude they bring you knives and other metal implements!

Thats because those of us who fly business can be trusted, unlike the great unwashed flying in butt-head class.
Although, sitting in a cramped and uncomfortable position, being overcharged for a plastic cup full of warm coke, eating lukewarm unrecognisable slop whilst constantly being bombarded with the sounds of screaming children and drunken bufoons for hours after hour is enough to make you want to stab someone.

One thing that always got me though was why societies elite fly in the front of the aircraft, after all you never hear of a plane crashing whilst travelling backwards.... :)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
One thing that always got me though was why societies elite fly in the front of the aircraft, :)
The answer is the same as "why do dogs lick their balls?"
Because they can 🤪

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Back