The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread Tom's Build

Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
Last week I got my Ineos. I previously had a Jeep 4xe running 40s. Unfortunately for me, the hybrid system went out on it and then the gasoline motor needed replacement due to rod knock. Although I had an order for an Ineos with Sewell in Dallas, I felt the need to get rid of the Jeep as soon as possible and would be kicking myself if i ran it out of warranty and had to pay for any more material repairs.

I found one out of Portland that was 3 months old and I scored a great deal on it. It was exactly like the one I configured except it did not have the two-toned leather seats.

I have owned it about 10 days and a lot has happened, but I will try to keep things in order. Here she was new (to me).

NEW SNIP 5.JPGNew SNIP 4.JPGNew SNIP 3.JPGNew SNIP 2.JPGNew SNIP 1.JPG

Local time
Reaction score
The next thing I did was get the checkered plate installed by my local dealership. I really like the look of it and it changed the look and feel of the vehicle a lot. Ineos Dallas installed them relatively inexpensively, which is always nice. I also had previously ordered some vinyl inlays for the "Grenadier" name on the drivers side and the "INEOS" logo for the rear. I didn't take pics of them separately, but you can check them out in later pics.

Attachments

• Checker 1.JPG
    Checker 1.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Checker 2.JPG
    Checker 2.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 32
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered some weather tech mats which fit perfectly and installed a Chinese accessor rack to install a phone. I am replacing the phone holder with one that magnetically charges and will later attach a ram mount cupholder to hold larger drinks. Pics to follow.WeatherTech Rear.JPGWeatherTech Driver.JPG

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Last week I dropped my Ineos at Tribe 16, a shop I worked with a lot for my Jeep. They installed the 40MM lift springs, the Fox pass through stabilizer, mounted the Toyo RT Trail in 35x12.5.17 and mounted them on some new wheels. I also unbolted the front license plate holder and had them install the Factor 55 Flat Link on the winch. I have experienced rope degradation when exposed to the elements and I can't understand why Ineos lets the rope hang out unprotected. Factor 55 sells two versions, one that you weave through the flatlink and another that uses a pin. In hindsight I made the wrong choice using the weave through, but that is what I got and I got it in Red. I intend to include a few red accent pieces as I build the vehicle. This looks absolutely sick. Tribe also cycled the suspension and found no rubbing. They are very thorough and it will be tested soon. Incidently Tribe 16 builds race trucks of all sizes and shapes, as well as offering typical shop services for smaller things like this. Jason is really cool there. They do almost everything in a day and are VERY reasonably priced. Check them out if you are in the DFW area. I am not affiliated, but always try to support great folks and good businesses.

Lift Mod 2.JPGLift Mod 3.JPGLift Mod 1.JPG

You can also see the vinyl inlays in this pic. I got them from Etsy for around 30 dollars. They showed up in about a week, very easy and pretty easy to install. The "G" was the hardest.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Let me tell you that the new springs drastically improved the driving characteristics. The vehicle is far more planted with less roll. The steering stabilizer or the alignment/slightly insufficient caster also had a profound effect on the vehicle.

First, the self centering has been drastically improved. It is not quite like a normal car and not as good as the Jeep, but it is much much better. At highway speeds there is actual road feel as well. However, if you hit a bump on the highway it does shake the steering wheel more than any other vehicle I can remember. The Fox stabilizer has many different adjustments and I have not played with it yet, but I think I may need to loosen it up a little bit. All in though, I strongly recommend these mods.

The downside is that I realized that my vehicle is now taller than most every singly parking structure entrance in Dallas. Luckily my office building has a 7 foot entrance and I can barely make it in. If you do the lift wi5th 35s you must be mindful of the large number of structures with a 6'8" clearance because you won't make it anymore.

Additionally, I need to get a slider/step combo. I am 6'2.5 and I have to jump into the vehicle. I am also scratching the paint when I get out as I drag my right foot off the doorsill. I have bought some more supplies and will address that this weekend, nothing fancy.

I have not noticed a loss of power but did notice that the vehicle tracks much straighter. Tribe 16 also centered the steering wheel which is was off when I took possession.

I need to bring the vehicle back to the dealership for a few warranty issues as well, the fuel gauge is wildly off and overstates the capacity, the windshield wipers chatter badly, almost like the spring on the wiper is not strong enough, and there are some other odds and ends.

Ineos Dallas told me last week that the software fix for the speed alert was 4-6 weeks away and that owners will need to bring their vehicles in to update the software. Thankfully I live close, so no big deal.

Local time
Reaction score
Well, Not much new happened this week. I did replace the phone charger with a new Ram Mount that was more sturdy and had less vibration. I also ordered a few storage solutions off of all places EBAY. I got exactly what I paid for - a mess. I have a Trialmaster and I believe that the rear cargo panel on the Driver's side is different than the Fieldmaster. In any event, the metal storage solution I ordered doesn't come close to fitting. I looked all over and can't find one for the driver's side that matches the shape of the pastic panel.

I have a storage solution on the passenger side coming this week as well which should be a direct drop in. In case anyone else wants to do this, you need a T40 driver and a socket to loosen the bolts. They are on extremely tight, so tight that my drill was skipping gears with the slip locked all the way down. Here are a few pics. More to follow in the next few days.Bump Pic 1.JPGCargo Fail 1.JPGRear Bolt.JPG

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered some sliders from Dissent Off-Road. As mentioned above, the height of the seat after the 40MM lift and 35s requires me to literally jump into the vehicle. My wife and kids don't like jumping either. More importantly, when you are in teh driver's seat and you exit the vehicle you likely drag your right foot across the door sill, damaging the paint in the process.

I settled on these step sliders because if their strength and their smaller size. I had ARB slider steps on the Jeep that were a similar design and the did very well. Some of the other step designs are too bulky for my liking.

I also ordered the Agile Offroad Baja Designs off-road light replacement kit. I had LP6s on the Jeep which were amazing. These are supposed to put our a similar level of lumens and I really like Baja Designs products.
Agile Offroad BD example Pic.JPGSlider Step 1.JPG

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
Well, Not much new happened this week. I did replace the phone charger with a new Ram Mount that was more sturdy and had less vibration. I also ordered a few storage solutions off of all places EBAY. I got exactly what I paid for - a mess. I have a Trialmaster and I believe that the rear cargo panel on the Driver's side is different than the Fieldmaster. In any event, the metal storage solution I ordered doesn't come close to fitting. I looked all over and can't find one for the driver's side that matches the shape of the pastic panel.

I have a storage solution on the passenger side coming this week as well which should be a direct drop in. In case anyone else wants to do this, you need a T40 driver and a socket to loosen the bolts. They are on extremely tight, so tight that my drill was skipping gears with the slip locked all the way down. Here are a few pics. More to follow in the next few days.View attachment 7864957View attachment 7864958View attachment 7864959
Try the boys at @Bison-Gear for the side storage bins.

Local time
Reaction score
Finally I have a few things left I am kicking around. I want a front facing camera since I don't always have a spotter. I looked into a few camera systems and learned that you can do an aftermarket bird's eye camera system for around 1,200. I am looking into that since it would be incredibly useful whether in day to day traffic or while adventuring.

I also want a bull bar. We all know what that process looks like and it seems very expensive for what it is after the importation and customs costs. There is one example I have seen that is running fog lights on the bar, as seen below. I think this looks amazing. I had Baja Designs fogs on the Jeep which also were amazing and functioned flawlessly, even when repeatedly submerged. Without the bull bar then you have to mount the fogs either with a small light bar mount or in the cut out of the skid that is covered by a small grill. I don't like the small light bar option to mount additional lights. The bull bar give the headlights a more sunken look which is very appealing to me.

If anyone can PM me on other bull bars I would appreciate it. I would rather go aftermarket if there was something readily available. 3K for the bar is a lot for what it is, especially when other companies offer entire bumpers with bars for less.

Fog Light Example.JPG

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
I looked into a few camera systems and learned that you can do an aftermarket bird's eye camera system for around 1,200. I am looking into that since it would be incredibly useful whether in day to day traffic or while adventuring.
Please let us know what you find. A dream scenario would feed front or bird’s eye video into the head unit so another screen wouldn’t be needed. Probably dreaming at this stage, since I’ve not heard of any amateur or pro hacking or modding the infotainment system.

Local time
Reaction score
I have found two companies that seem to sell the same hardware.

One is ibeam. (https://ibeamusa.com/products?category=I-ACCAVOID). You need to then click on the 360 Degree View Kits and I think you need to buy a monitor separately. The pacakge is listed here: https://ibeamusa.com/products?category=I-ACCAVOID

The other is Tadibrothers. They have a lot more youtube content and offer more options. Their prices are also better. They also offer a small 4.5 and 5 inch monitor which could fit on the dash or overhead. I used the heck out of my forward facing camera for rock crawling on the Jeep and would expect to use the same here. Note that some of these systems have cameras at different heights and some have two forward facing cameras instead of one. You can also get a 5th camera. (https://www.tadibrothers.com/category/360-degree-all-around-view-camera-systems).

The issue here is that all run off of a remote and the monitors are not touch sensitive. That is not great, but the 360 camera view with automatic side view when you click a turn signal is pretty legit.

Back
Top Bottom