The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Grenadier is the Toyota Landcrusier and Jeep Wagnoneer that we should have gotten

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
I always like the LandCrusiers. Subtle. Capable. Refined. Perfect for here in Co and Denver, where you are overrun with G-wagens, 'Defenders' and every other SUV. If they hadn't strayed from the V8 platform and kept third row seating- and refreshed it a few years ago, I'd probably be driving one. Kind of the same for the Wagoneer. Put the Hurricane engine in. Widen and build off of the Gladiator platform- and keep the off road focus, not what ever the Wagoneer- grand or not- has become.

But they didn't? Maybe they look at the IG sales and feel vindicated. I think more that the IG guys think what they could have done with Toyota or Jeeps market presence.

Thank you Sir Jim, and hopefully Jeep and Toyota screwing up this market space will benefit us.

Just a random thought.

That and IG needs some kind of societal 'choke-point' placement of the IG for people to understand what it is. Like what Magnum PI did for ferraris, or Bullit for Mustangs. People just don't know what they are.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
I always like the LandCrusiers. Subtle. Capable. Refined. Perfect for here in Co and Denver, where you are overrun with G-wagens, 'Defenders' and every other SUV. If they hadn't strayed from the V8 platform and kept third row seating- and refreshed it a few years ago, I'd probably be driving one. Kind of the same for the Wagoneer. Put the Hurricane engine in. Widen and build off of the Gladiator platform- and keep the off road focus, not what ever the Wagoneer- grand or not- has become.

But they didn't? Maybe they look at the IG sales and feel vindicated. I think more that the IG guys think what they could have done with Toyota or Jeeps market presence.

Thank you Sir Jim, and hopefully Jeep and Toyota screwing up this market space will benefit us.

Just a random thought.

That and IG needs some kind of societal 'choke-point' placement of the IG for people to understand what it is. Like what Magnum PI did for ferraris, or Bullit for Mustangs. People just don't know what they are.
1728285945168.jpeg

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
I've been fully expecting a film or TV series to use the Grenadier. What would market it best? Bond? Or a TV series like Slow Horses perhaps? I could imagine Gary Oldman smashing a few London taxi cabs out of his path.

Local time
Reaction score
I've been fully expecting a film or TV series to use the Grenadier. What would market it best? Bond? Or a TV series like Slow Horses perhaps? I could imagine Gary Oldman smashing a few London taxi cabs out of his path.
Product placement is expensive.

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
I bought my Grenadier because it spoke to me from the minute I first saw it, and because I find every other car on the market today to be boring-ish and “temporary” (a market can only go so far using a jellybean as it’s central design element). This, from the guy who still has his 1986 Volkswagen Vanagon and 1997 Saab 900S bought new (from the factory in Trollhatten no less). The fact that it was more or less out of my budget, and that I had to trade a brilliant 1984 Porsche for it now seems inconsequential. - Mark

Attachments

• IMG_5027.jpeg
    IMG_5027.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 19

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

A re-boot of the Equalizer, to replace the Jaguar sedan he drove…
A Jack Carr shoot’em up series.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I bought my Grenadier because it spoke to me from the minute I first saw it, and because I find every other car on the market today to be boring-ish and “temporary” (a market can only go so far using a jellybean as it’s central design element). This, from the guy who still has his 1986 Volkswagen Vanagon and 1997 Saab 900S bought new (from the factory in Trollhatten no less). The fact that it was more or less out of my budget, and that I had to trade a brilliant 1984 Porsche for it now seems inconsequential. - Mark
Please tell that it wasn’t (or maybe better if it was) a 944? At least it wasn’t a Turbo S.

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
Please tell that it wasn’t (or maybe better if it was) a 944? At least it wasn’t a Turbo S.
Ha! No, it was a restored 1984 911 Targa. I bought it trashed back in 2005 and put about 20 years of restoration effort into it. The car went “home” to Porsche Classics, North America on its 40th birthday. It was serial number 000075. We had about 20 good years together. It was time.

Attachments

• IMG_5010.jpeg
    IMG_5010.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A re-boot of the Equalizer, to replace the Jaguar sedan he drove…
A Jack Carr shoot’em up series.
They've already redone the Equaliser as a film with Denzel Washington, can't remember a particular car and TV series with Queen Latifa uses a motorbike and I think an I or E Pace Jag.
Definitely does need a good placement in film or TV

Local time
Reaction score
Forget movies.

Give one to Taylor Swift. After she's been seen and photographed out in the vehicle, the waiting list for a Grenadier will be five years.

Reactions: CRH
Local time
Reaction score
(a market can only go so far using a jellybean as it’s central design element).
I call it the Turd design. Cars are shaped to move thru the orifice created in the air, as unobtrusively as possible.

When nature presents the same challenges to differing species in different places, concurrent evolution occurs where two completely differing species evolve to look the same.

Like cars, and turds.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect theyll be one in the next Netflix series of The Gentleman........

Back
Top Bottom