The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Steering

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
I've never driven the grenadier so I can't give a first hand take. but I've driven similar vehicles like this. feeling unsafe is just a byproduct from all the play that some will feel driving it for the first time.
Not sure I have encountered ”all that play” in my c900 miles with the vehicle to date ie I haven’t come across any play. It certainly does not feel unsafe from a steering (or any other) perspective

Local time
Reaction score
Not sure I have encountered ”all that play” in my c900 miles with the vehicle to date ie I haven’t come across any play. It certainly does not feel unsafe from a steering (or any other) perspective

I'm just going off reviews in print and in video. it's obv that some will be more effected than others with the steering. whether the the worst or most critical review is valid is not for me to decide without driving it. it does seem like its a concern because it's always pointed out

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've never driven the grenadier so I can't give a first hand take. but I've driven similar vehicles like this. feeling unsafe is just a byproduct from all the play that some will feel driving it for the first time.

I can confirm from talking to literally hundreds of actual drivers, not one person has said the steering makes them feel unsafe, maybe 3-4 have said it feels like it has some play in it; and can confirm that at normal road speeds on both straight and twisty mountain roads, the steering feels great

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
it does seem like its a concern because it's always pointed out

A lot of the concern about the steering is similar to concern about the "loss" of space on the (LHD) passenger foot area because of the exhaust; it is something that one person felt and posted online (or in a video), and then another person repeated it because "they read it online" or "saw it in a video", and thus the game of telephone is played...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
I'll tell you what makes me feel unsafe. Not snakes and spiders , heights, remoteness with no communications ,nor large waves or a mixture of thread types - Mr Whitworth included. No siree , it's being in the USA.
Meanwhile I'm contemplating whether a Grenadier would survive in tiny St Ives in Cornwall. View from my hotel room right now.

20230605_090457.jpg

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll tell you what makes me feel unsafe. Not snakes and spiders , heights, remoteness with no communications ,nor large waves or a mixture of thread types - Mr Whitworth included. No siree , it's being in the USA.
Meanwhile I'm contemplating whether a Grenadier would survive in tiny St Ives in Cornwall. View from my hotel room right now.

View attachment 7814859
Weather continues to hold up for you there @Tazzieman. Could almost get a sunburn.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What a coincidence. I had that exact look more than 10 years ago. Great area.

View attachment 7814859

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:36 AM
Reaction score
it's obv that some will be more effected than others with the steering
And in the end remains the noble distillate that really understands and appreciates this car.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
What a coincidence. I had that exact look more than 10 years ago. Great area.
Steering loosely around the harbourfront, lots of play , everyone seems happy 😁
20230605_124752.jpg

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
I would say the non return steering can be a issue when pulling out of a tight junction, rubbish turning circle can make car parks where very tight slight issue, i read somewhere a replacement RTC steering damper would help massively

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would say the non return steering can be a issue when pulling out of a tight junction, rubbish turning circle can make car parks where very tight slight issue, i read somewhere a replacement RTC steering damper would help massively
I've already experienced this in a car park last week. It was impossible to single point turn a sharp corner in a multistorey. Luckily Noone behind me so I could back up. It was the first time I realised the Grenadier's turning circle limitation in an urban setting.

Local time
Reaction score
I've already experienced this in a car park last week. It was impossible to single point turn a sharp corner in a multistorey. Luckily Noone behind me so I could back up. It was the first time I realised the Grenadier's turning circle limitation in an urban setting.

these are the kind of things that will creep into reviews that people need to know. most reviews are superficial. a new car is nice in all aspects. an adjustment period to something different is one thing. but shortcomings can encompass this as well.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I drive a lot of different cars over the years, and sure I feel not one second unsafe in the Grenadier.
A lot of driver loose the ability to drive, because they follow the electronic assistant of the car. They don’t feel that they are not the driver anymore.
At the Grenadier you are the driver, but maybe that is „unsafe“

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Steering loosely around the harbourfront, lots of play , everyone seems happy 😁
View attachment 7814861
Ah an Emet as the locals called the tourists.

Was stationed at RAF St Mawgan for 6 years. Lived in Newquay for 5 years and built a house in Truro for the last. Miss the place. Enjoy your break.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
pretty sure the steering is going to be problem stateside. especially to those that's never driven anything like this. the lack of responsiveness makes you feel unsafe. I'm not sure of the percentage of people that can afford this car is willing to adapt to this feel just going from point a to point b.

would not be surprised to see changes made in future models
My dealer told me that there will be an update regarding the servo pump pressure at different steering situations. I hope this makes sense to someone here.

Back
Top Bottom