The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Steering Noises

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
We ordered our Grenadier some months ago and went to check it our yesterday with a plan to pick up tomorrow. There was a high pitched whine every time one of us even touched the steering wheel. Our salesperson got an audio of it to share with the service department. We haven't heard back yet but I thought I'd tap into the collective wisdom here. Has anyone had this issue? Is it an issue? And, most importantly, is this a deal breaker for us???
Thanks for any info!
Katherine

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine still whines after 12k miles, but the sound seems to have settled down over time - either not as loud as brand new, or I've become less aware of it. No issues to my knowledge - as I understand it's a different set-up than most vehicles with the grenadier having a remote electric motor to run the power steering pump (vs. belt driven off of the engine). Although, I know next to nothing about these things. Lots of discussions around this topic on this forum if you search.

Local time
Reaction score
I don't have a whine. From previous threads, some have complained of a serious noise but without resolution.

Local time
Reaction score
I just read that you haven't taken delivery.

My opinion, but DO NOT do so without it being quiet and at least having proof the assembly has been completely changed. I do recall reading one person complaining to the dealer about a hideous noise, and Ineos came back denying an actual issue. Up to you, but I wouldn't take it. I'd pick another on the lot, order another, or just walk.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it is louder than all the rest on the lot, then there is a problem... but if you just hear a whine, that's fairly standard

Back
Top Bottom