The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Power Steering Recall

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
My power steering fluid reservoir weeps and is continually wet. Last weekend while 4 wheeling, I had the red power steering warning light come on. Checking the owners manual it stated to stop driving the vehicle immediately and contact the dealer. This posed a problem as I was several miles away from the nearest road and it was a Sunday and the dealer was not open. I turned off and restarted the vehicle and the light went away and I drove home without further issue. Upon contacting the dealer they stated that the fluid weeping was common to all Grenadiers and that the warning was most likely a software glitch.
Does anyone else have a fluid weep with their power steering fluid reservoir? Mine continues to be wet.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
My power steering fluid reservoir weeps and is continually wet. Last weekend while 4 wheeling, I had the red power steering warning light come on. Checking the owners manual it stated to stop driving the vehicle immediately and contact the dealer. This posed a problem as I was several miles away from the nearest road and it was a Sunday and the dealer was not open. I turned off and restarted the vehicle and the light went away and I drove home without further issue. Upon contacting the dealer they stated that the fluid weeping was common to all Grenadiers and that the warning was most likely a software glitch.
Does anyone else have a fluid weep with their power steering fluid reservoir? Mine continues to be wet.
Yes my power steering reservoir is damp on the outside especially around the cap but no obvious drips.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
Yes they do weep for some reason. Also occasionally will get error codes of all sorts usually disappear on next start. This week I had low battery on fob. Following day, it was fine 🤷‍♂️. Bit like my missus.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
The info on recalls is very easy to find. Here is a screen shot of the two U.S. recalls for the Grenadier, and below are two places where you can find recall info:

View attachment 7842156

Source #1: https://www.dealerrater.com/recalls/INEOS/Grenadier/

Source #2: https://www.cars.com/research/ineos-grenadier/recalls/
The second one is an old one and dealers have been replacing proactively. I also don’t think it’s likely to show a warning message. There have been a couple of incidents with power steering but as far as I know they have been isolated. Also issues with the power steering module which seems to cause more issues with wipers etc than actual steering

Back
Top Bottom