The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software update

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
Just saw on fb that someone has their car in dealers for software update going to be 4 days in dealers anyone on here ?
I saw that too. Wondering if it’s an actual new update that was supposedly on the way or just a reload.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
Four days for a software update 😳
Agree - 4 days is a nonsense. Gulfstream 650 used to take a few hours, a problem if you need to reload, but still within a working day.

Would you think the RECALL will be managed on a recall basis, on the assumption it is the FIX software?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree - 4 days is a nonsense. Gulfstream 650 used to take a few hours, a problem if you need to reload, but still within a working day.

Would you think the RECALL will be managed on a recall basis, on the assumption it is the FIX software?
My Grenadier needs collecting / recalling now as I need the software update /power steering sorted. Something wrong in my mind that a software glitch can allow power steering to fail. I’m waiting on my dealer to get back to me on next step as Ineos live chat suggested I contact my dealer. So much for the flying spanner’s 🤔

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Grenadier needs collecting / recalling now as I need the software update /power steering sorted. Something wrong in my mind that a software glitch can allow power steering to fail. I’m waiting on my dealer to get back to me on next step as Ineos live chat suggested I contact my dealer. So much for the flying spanner’s 🤔
INEOS live don't sound helpful. If it's software causing the PS to fail, that is extremely dangerous. Be watching for your updates. Plus more info on the SOFTWARE update too.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
INEOS live don't sound helpful. If it's software causing the PS to fail, that is extremely dangerous. Be watching for your updates. Plus more info on the SOFTWARE update too.
Update is Ineos tell me to contact the agent and the agent is closed 😡. Ineos web chat too busy and signs me off straight away. Phone line busy and waiting for call back. If I don’t get any luck I’ll call the AA. Don't think that’ll do Ineos any favours with my Grenadier going down the A34 to Portsmouth on the back of an AA truck

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update is Ineos tell me to contact the agent and the agent is closed 😡. Ineos web chat too busy and signs me off straight away. Phone line busy and waiting for call back. If I don’t get any luck I’ll call the AA. Don't think that’ll do Ineos any favours with my Grenadier going down the A34 to Portsmouth on the back of an AA truck
bad luck Logsplitter.
as Nomad says, got to have a safe vehicle and do what you have to do.

guess we are still none the wiser on IA promise of roadside assistance provider?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
bad luck Logsplitter.
as Nomad says, got to have a safe vehicle and do what you have to do.

guess we are still none the wiser on IA promise of roadside assistance provider?
Yep - it's AA.

This was in my collection folder.

Attachments

• Grenadier Cover - 1.jpeg
    Grenadier Cover - 1.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 110

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK a rep from Harwoods phoned me from home and discussed the problem which was reassuring as I was slowly getting wound up with the lack of communication .Tech will phone me tomorrow 8am and the Grenadier will probably be collected by the AA. Apparently unlikely to be a software issue that would make the steering go solid but I’ll keep you informed. It’s on my driveway now so no real rush.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
My one is 🤞booked in for the end of the month, that's down to me not being able to get it in any earlier

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How many miles on clock logsplitter?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK a rep from Harwoods phoned me from home and discussed the problem which was reassuring as I was slowly getting wound up with the lack of communication .Tech will phone me tomorrow 8am and the Grenadier will probably be collected by the AA. Apparently unlikely to be a software issue that would make the steering go solid but I’ll keep you informed. It’s on my driveway now so no real rush.
I thought it wouldn’t be software. I just posted to that effect in the other thread. I don’t suppose you looked into the reservoir after the incident? Was there foam or bubbles? I’ve has a similar issue on a compact tractor, the return hose was pinched and restricted. This led to cavitation and all the fluids turning into foam. Once that happens the steering gets tight. Leave it 30 mins and it all looks normal again as the bubbles settle.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought it wouldn’t be software. I just posted to that effect in the other thread. I don’t suppose you looked into the reservoir after the incident? Was there foam or bubbles? I’ve has a similar issue on a compact tractor, the return hose was pinched and restricted. This led to cavitation and all the fluids turning into foam. Once that happens the steering gets tight. Leave it 30 mins and it all looks normal again as the bubbles settle.
No I didn’t look at the reservoir straight after the event as that time I wasn’t aware which reservoir it was but I can confirm now that it is full. I’ll go and check for a pinched hose. 👍🏼

Reactions: PBD

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could also be drawing air in somewhere. Loose hose clip on the suction side?
Another issue is the suction side hose could collapse under load and then spring back once the demand is released. This could make it hard to spot.

Back
Top Bottom