The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Software Update for ADAS etc. coming in 60 days for NA.

outono

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
Just a few comments...

Within initial global deliveries being 15 months ago, the SRI reset and service manuals weren't a huge topic at first. The ADAS "complaints" have only existed for 6 months, and in one market. Ineos Automotive (in North America) has been hearing the brunt of those very vocal customers, but in reality they can't change a thing about the product directly. Also, in the first 6 months of a model roll out in a new market, dealing with non-critical things (such as a persistent ADAS disable option or an end user SRI reset) is at the absolute bottom of the list. The ADAS turning on at each start up isn't a failure or an error in the system, it is a system operating in the way it was designed. The complaint is that people don't like the way it was designed, which is seen as something very different. What is high on the list is making sure vehicles get to customers, dealers are set up/trained, staff is hired, etc. Personally, that makes perfect sense. A year ago IA North America was a team of 16 people (+/- 2 as this is from memory); it has grown to well over twice that now.

Even as of a year ago the service manual wasn't expected until after US deliveries started (and at the time US deliveries were realistically going to happen around the new year or early Q1 2024). A printed manual that is actually informative would be a massive undertaking of deleting useful information. And opening an online service manual without removing the IP would be a horrible idea. It is unfortunate, but not unexpected that it hasn't been released yet. If I were to guess, my feeling is that it will be made available to the public for MY25, assuming mid-year variants aren't still happening then.

The "average buyer" doesn't specifically exist for the Grenadier. There are a few "groups" of expected and ideal purchasers, and those folks are the ones who will search out the forum and other outlets. This very purposefully is not a vehicle for the masses. The reason so many dealers are doing off road events is because the vehicle is one that is intended to be surrounded in community with owners, this was a key factor in choosing dealers in the US; it is intended for those willing to dig deeper and wider
I've posted this in another thread, but the online service manual is anticipated for Q4 this year. This is coming directly from a friend working at Ineos HQ in the UK.

e_k_powell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I just bought a Grenadier in Houston, TX on Friday, June 26, 2024 and my ADAS warning for the speed limit stays off when I turn it off in the settings. Not sure of the exact manufacture date of mine but it appears to already have updated software that disables the warning and remembers that setting as to not reactivate it next time the vehicle is started up.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I just bought a Grenadier in Houston, TX on Friday, June 26, 2024 and my ADAS warning for the speed limit stays off when I turn it off in the settings. Not sure of the exact manufacture date of mine but it appears to already have updated software that disables the warning and remembers that setting as to not reactivate it next time the vehicle is started up.
Interesting, keep us posted over the next week. This might be good news

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke too soon. I turned it off and was in and out of the car off, locked and restarted and it never came back on. Today, however it did come back on. Weird. Guess I will still need the update dammit.
It's really odd. This past weekend I did more short trips than usual. Sometimes the speed warning stayed off after restart, sometimes it didn't. No rhyme or reason that I could figure.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
I spoke too soon. I turned it off and was in and out of the car off, locked and restarted and it never came back on. Today, however it did come back on. Weird. Guess I will still need the update dammit.
I didn't want to say anything, but was waiting for this post :)
It's really odd. This past weekend I did more short trips than usual. Sometimes the speed warning stayed off after restart, sometimes it didn't. No rhyme or reason that I could figure.
It's a feature....

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
I didn't want to say anything, but was waiting for this post :)

It's a feature....
my stop/start stays off when in and out of the vehicle but then turns back on again after slightly longer stops, maybe it's the same?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
my stop/start stays off when in and out of the vehicle but then turns back on again after slightly longer stops, maybe it's the same?
Correct; a lot has to do with the vehicle not shutting down all of it's systems before a restart, but it is definitely a little buggy in that regard as well

Hill Country TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
Correct; a lot has to do with the vehicle not shutting down all of it's systems before a restart, but it is definitely a little buggy in that regard as well
Maybe anecdotal, but I flew out of town last week and my IG was at the airport parked for 3 consecutive days. When I returned, I loaded up and went through my normal process, i.e. Auto Shut-off, A/C adjust, Favorite to deactivate Intelligent Speed Assist...( do the ADAS last because the infotainment process speed lags so much).

When I went to deactivate the intelligent speed assist, it was still off from Monday.

But on the way home I made a stop (<5 mins) and when I got back in it had reactivated.

Not challenging anyone's knowledge of the system. Just point out that, in my opinion, there is no rhyme or reason when it resets vs. when it maintains the setting. Certainly, more time than not it resets, but I will say emphatically, not always and I can't figure out when or why.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe anecdotal, but I flew out of town last week and my IG was at the airport parked for 3 consecutive days. When I returned, I loaded up and went through my normal process, i.e. Auto Shut-off, A/C adjust, Favorite to deactivate Intelligent Speed Assist...( do the ADAS last because the infotainment process speed lags so much).

When I went to deactivate the intelligent speed assist, it was still off from Monday.

But on the way home I made a stop (<5 mins) and when I got back in it had reactivated.

Not challenging anyone's knowledge of the system. Just point out that, in my opinion, there is no rhyme or reason when it resets vs. when it maintains the setting. Certainly, more time than not it resets, but I will say emphatically, not always and I can't figure out when or why.
The mystery of the Grenadier! It’s true it’s so random

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m slow rolling my next 6k oil change to ensure I get the update as the dealer is a solid 5-6 hour round trip once they do the actual service
Same. I am waiting for the dealership to coordinate my corporate tech rep visit along with the new software update. I am also pretty close to my first service, so I want to have it all handled on one trip as well.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same. I am waiting for the dealership to coordinate my corporate tech rep visit along with the new software update. I am also pretty close to my first service, so I want to have it all handled on one trip as well.
Just spoke to my dealer. They say the update was attempted and didn’t work properly so they have to keep working on it. As of 3:00 PM yesterday evening there is no proposed release date. Pretty shitty news.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought you initiated the buy back process??

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just spoke to my dealer. They say the update was attempted and didn’t work properly so they have to keep working on it. As of 3:00 PM yesterday evening there is no proposed release date. Pretty shitty news.
Better to be a one-and-done update, no?

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, that is very disappointing. Looks like Mossy dropped the ball when sending out that email announcing the SW update. Now they are walking it back it appears. 😔

Back
Top Bottom