The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software Update for ADAS etc. coming in 60 days for NA.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
I could maybe see some getting drawn in by their newness, but they were always posers spewing to collect clicks.
I've liked the videos they have done over the years with the LR3, as well as the towing tests of various larger trucks.

I think the father has gotten a bit haughty and full of himself - but Tommy was genuinely cool to spend an afternoon with.

Local time
Reaction score
I've liked the videos they have done over the years with the LR3, as well as the towing tests of various larger trucks.

I think the father has gotten a bit haughty and full of himself - but Tommy was genuinely cool to spend an afternoon with.
I am actually in a TFL video from nearly two years ago that is set at the ranch during which I drove my vehicle on their off road course. It was an enjoyable afternoon and Andre is a good dude. But since that time the videos have become too much, too often with too little to say.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the suffer the fate most of the bigger YouTubers do in this space, in that they're chasing clicks and sponsorships with the utmost preference given to folks who will play ball.

Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
Honestly, while I cannot stand them, if the results were a fix for ADAS warnings for the US where it is not required, great. I wish they had loudly proclaimed the oil change/maintenance light couldn’t be reset except at a dealership for those doing self service, nor had the service manual promised been produced. Now there’s rumors it’ll just be an online subscription you pay for?

Someone needs to put Ineos on blast on a large scale so they listen about the fundamentals instead of creating “Arcane” editions while leaving owners with empty promises. I don’t understand all the owner defense this company gets for obvious misses. TFL and others, regardless of their competency, generate a lot of traffic and noise and Ineos will care what they are saying, unlike individual owners.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
TFL and others, regardless of their competency, generate a lot of traffic and noise and Ineos will care what they are saying, unlike individual owners.
At least to Ineos North America, what is posted on this forum is worth its weight in gold over what TFL says. While I'm confident one (or maybe two) departments keep up with media reviews, someone from nearly every department reads this forum

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:00 AM
Reaction score
Update or not, the vehicle is still spying on you. And we should have a legal right to “opt out”, which, in the USA, we don’t.

“Ford Motor says customers can turn off data and location sharing with the company. It says it “doesn’t sell any connected-vehicle data to brokers, period.” This is true, they dont sell the data to brokers, THEY SELL DIRECTLY TO COMPANIES AND GOVERNMENT AGENCIES WHO PAY FOR THE DATA.

You can run your own vehicle VIN here to see what data is being collected:

Attachments

• IMG_1047.jpeg
    IMG_1047.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

drinkmorejava

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update or not, the vehicle is still spying on you. And we should have a legal right to “opt out”, which we don’t.

Has anyone located the telemetry module to unplug it or wrap it the antenna in foil? It's not part of the infotainment system in the FCC registration. According to the fuse descriptions it's on the same circuit as the ADAS.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone located the telemetry module to unplug it or wrap it the antenna in foil? It's not part of the infotainment system in the FCC registration. According to the fuse descriptions it's on the same circuit as the ADAS.
Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

Local time
Reaction score
At least to Ineos North America, what is posted on this forum is worth its weight in gold over what TFL says. While I'm confident one (or maybe two) departments keep up with media reviews, someone from nearly every department reads this forum
So why, after a year+ of this forum being full of commentary about the ADAS issue, the service indicator light reset, service manuals, etc have these things not been fixed/addressed? If the opinion of forum members is so high up Ineos NA's priority list, then something doesn't track. There haven't been any official statements I've seen. Mr. Pepper did a pretty good interview with Mr. Hoecvar and there was some information given there, but very guarded and not definitive regarding service manuals.

A slew of reviews come out on the popular YT channels with every single one harping on the ADAS issue in the US, and we've got official word about it with an update coming in short order.

The majority of the vehicle's potential market isn't a forum full of people who have a vested and deep interest in the vehicle, it's the people who don't already own the vehicles and might be deterred from buying them due to the feedback that (like it or not) is far more viewed than anything on this forum. The average buyer isn't going to dig into a forum when looking to purchase a vehicle, they're just going to search Google/YT for "Grenadier review" and get Doug D., TFL, etc.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
I'm not fond of the ADAS stuff but my new gripe is the useless waste of battery power every time the doors are unlocked, locked, opened, closed, blah, blah, blah. I'm exaggerating a bit but none of this should be happening until the key is in the ignition and turned to the "on" position. Why does the fuel system have to pressurize when I'm just grabbing something from the glove box? I'm guessing the other electro-mechanical nonsense that ramps up is for the brake servo or maybe the power steering pump. Also, why does the instrument cluster light up but not give any useful information until the ignition is switched on? What's the point?

My guess is that it's all leftover stuff for vehicles with keyless entry and push-to-start buttons on the dash.

Last edited:

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:00 PM
Reaction score
My guess is that it was noticed that the start up time was deemed to be too long if you just jumped on board and drove away.

The solution (hack) was to trigger the system when the doors were opened.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So why, after a year+ of this forum being full of commentary about the ADAS issue, the service indicator light reset, service manuals, etc have these things not been fixed/addressed? If the opinion of forum members is so high up Ineos NA's priority list, then something doesn't track.

Because things take time.

nodric

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I read many of the comments on manufacturers tracking and selling your data. Anyone who buys a full computer with wheels (electric cars) should not be surprised by this, but I am quite aggravated that ICE vehicles are no better.

I worked for Toyota for 16 years, and in my latter role I was with the connected car side of the business. I can tell you Toyota have been collecting and selling data for years to all manner of partners, BUT, they do require you to agree to that. They do that by having that warning come up on the infotainment screen, which if you say no to won't work or works with very limited functionality, so the reality is if you buy a car and want to use the tech you are forced to agree to whatever they desire. Your smart TV, Roku, Firestick, AppleTV, and all those social media apps you use do the same thing. If you order anything online, ditto. You are living in 1984. Data is the new oil as they say, and AI and LLMs feed on data. You are, as someone remarked, the product. You are a commodity to be exploited and traded for wealth in the land of extreme greed.

Buy a 1960s car and throw away all connected gadgets if you want to be free.

Having said all this, I just used the Opt Out here to see how effective that proves.

Reactions: CRH

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
The expectation of privacy on the Internet is really a generational divide. The younger generation has no expectation of it. It's mostly older folks who care and even that is dying out as that group to has become number to persistent tracking on the Internet.

Entire companies exists solely on the idea of getting to know you so they can sell that knowledge to companies to let them become more efficient and marketing to you (yes I'm looking at you Google, Facebook, tik tok and Instagram).

These philosophies entered the industrial base where devices in our daily life tracks you. You either opt in or your product becomes less capable.

Some of this is truly legit, you can improve the underlying technology with telemetry. Proactive maintenance is a great example of this.

My point is that complaining of telemetry is largely a generational divide, and this won't change as those who tend to dislike tracking with passion is on the wrong side of the average...

Yes, I've come to realize that I'm old... ;(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom